• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Headz up:

Quote:

From Monday the 13th December until 17th December- Harambe on YFM will be dedicating a whole week to  Le Club. We will have d.j’s emcee’s coming through. Battles, hang out sessions too.

People will be able to call 0827573949 and leave messages about Le Club, their memories, funny stories, the best punchlines or even some weaklines that they remember in battles. What they miss the most. Feel free to talk about people who have blown up as a result of Le Club and you knew they would. Also talk about people who have developed a lot from the days of Le Club and people who were legends in Le Club that have disappeared.  

Callers will also be able to let Harambe know who they felt were some of the legends from Le Club days etc.

The whole week will be listener driven and email driven too. So start today call 0827574939 and leave your le club message. Or email lee@yfm.co.za and put the subject as    “ a day in the life”.

Anything and everything about le club- you tell us your story on Le Club…Why we doing it- just for the fun of it. Lets go back in time to the days of Le Club

Lee (the presenter NOT the Club!!) @Harambe :-o

ootz

• DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE OH TEE ZEE
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-0
  • Ootz Tha Afronaut
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ootz85
t8 is really lee from y(jus playin cuzzin)

hows the mixtape being recieved??
XO.WITHTANK.COM

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
yeah i heard alot about that legendary club Dj blaize was involved there if im correct
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Lee Club was Joburg hip-hop at it´s peak. I miss everything about that place. The bouncers, the smell of weed when you come in, the 14 year old Mc´s and their honeys, the b-boys, blaze, bionic, the battles, dark city, the 6-to-6 parties with the chinese movies, the ciphers outside.

Why the f#uck did they have to shut it down ?
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Quote:

07-12-2004 at 02:44, ootz :
t8 is really lee from y(jus playin cuzzin)

hows the mixtape being recieved??

This brutha got jokes huh?..

Mixtape is being recieved awesome, havent U heard it on Y yet? Phuti´s song was song of the week..when U pickin up your copy or have you bootlegged it from Naymbz already?? :-?

deePea

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Most peeps dont know le club up in market street, well if you dont know that club was the hottest youth club ever, i mean like once my boy Makay like battled Snazzz outside the club this is like at six in the evening when the club closes,
Obviously Amu was like there so ma boy like took out Snazz no doubt and snaz cud not come back wit a line but he did come back with a fist stupid punk but those where the days, f*** there was even a time i came back from playing Rugby at school and went in the club in school uniform mmmmm that must have been some of the best times at the club
amiliarity breeds contempt
Perigo Minas Volume 2 OUT Now!!!
Landmynz Bitch

deePea

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
yo MrC remember Watti of Max Normal the first time he got on stage.like nobody knew who the flip this dude is, like he got on stage in camo like literally from head to toe, he had his face and hands and head covered so you could not ee who he was or even his skin color so he got on stage got everybody singing i get along with trees and the first thing on his verse was sumtin like I was born in the 2006,sumthing sumthin "i get along with trees"  but the it was like ´96  
The dude got the crowd shakin the he revield himself, the fact that he was white was like whoa and this was like way b4 eminem and not counting vannila ice
good ol´ days  
Landmynz Bitch

deePea

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
MrC remember how roudy the club got when they played some Busta Rhymes Whoa ha and some ODB shimmy and the whole club danced together to Sizzlas:Praise Jah song
Yep good Ol´ days but cant forget how i almost got Jacked outside the club but that nigga got what was comming for him (2 weeks later)
Landmynz Bitch

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
What up D,

That was the shyt man. These kids no nothing about that. Remember when the reggae set came on and everybody was trying to find a chick to grind with ? Niggas be all over each other waiting to have their turn with a hot babe.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

deePea

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
remember Cheeze man on the floor that nigga loved them ragga tunes but the honnies cud dip but have u noticed all them honnies now are on some chikken head shit but what does Lee know bout Le Club 134 market street Jsect
Landmynz Bitch

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Quote:

07-12-2004 at 12:35, MrC :
Niggas be all over each other waiting to have their turn with a hot babe.

:-o  :-o

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
I´m definitely gonna be tuned into Y-FM, just to reminisce. I Remember Saturday morning waking up early at like 7, went to the VOS studio with a six pack of Pilsener´s , got drunk in the Studio while presenting the hip-hop show,them a**ylum Tribe niggas would be blazing it up in the toilets, after the show´s over everybody would be outside lee club wanting to battle Gorgeous Flash just to embara** his wack a**, the when 2 o´clock hits everybody goes inside the club. Come out of the club at six, chill outside until like seven, drunk as f***, and finally get the energy to walk back up to Noord Street from market to catch a taxi home.

Damn i miss those weekends.

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Quote:

07-12-2004 at 12:45, deePea :
the honnies cud dip ...
...what does Lee know bout Le Club 134 market street Jsect

??Hmmm.
Maybe she was there too. I don´t know, just guessing, I definately don´t know anything about it. But if she was there, I guess she was one of those honies. :-] We were all young at one time, hey,  8-)

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Quote:

07-12-2004 at 12:47, TNG :
Quote:

07-12-2004 at 12:35, MrC :
Niggas be all over each other waiting to have their turn with a hot babe.

:-o  :-o

Again I ask.  :-o  :-o  :-o

[ This message was edited by: TNG on 07-12-2004 13:00 ]

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
think what he means is that  the brothers were fighting eachother tryna be the next one in line to dance with the lady....