Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Le Club Week on Y

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
^^^^  ;-)   ;-)   ;-)   ;-)   ;-)
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
Le Club is legendary. In the far away streets of rusty dusty we had hurd of it. All the heads that wud  come back from jozi wud claim to hav gone there.  One of the rumours was that there was wall where graf artists cud paint  and every so often they whitewashed it and peeps cud witness writers doing their ish live. I cud picture myself in there, i made up images from the stories i hurd, I cud picture me liking it. Was so sure i´ld get to go there but  yeah....

deePea

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
i still say if have not been to Le club you have not witnessed a true hip hip club :
Remember Blaze those days
Mcees like Robo, Shorty Skills, Snazz D, Amu(Le Club days), oh yeah thats when yfm had the hip hop show Rap activity jam mmmm
good ol days
and yeah them chiskop niggas Mandoza and them used to come thru and B-boy that was theeeeeeeeeeeeeee good ol´ days wish i had a Digi cam for that

amiliarity breeds contempt
Perigo Minas Volume 2 OUT Now!!!
Landmynz Bitch

deePea

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
funny shit have u ever walked up in the club wit your POPS?
Well this pal of mine told the dad to drop him of at the club obviously its cool cuz its during the day. Check this he walks in the club and pop dukes is on sum he wants to see what they do inside. Well he got a shock of he´s life(pop dukes) cuz that club was not only a hip hop club it was a weed haven/brothel/tarven and every one in there under age aint that sweet. The old man with a look of disgust left the club but his son was neva eva allowed to go there sad

[ This message was edited by: deePea on 07-12-2004 17:28 ]
amiliarity breeds contempt
Perigo Minas Volume 2 OUT Now!!!
Landmynz Bitch

ootz

• DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE OH TEE ZEE
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-0
  • Ootz Tha Afronaut
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ootz85
Quote:

07-12-2004 at 10:06, Sensai_Tate :
Quote:

07-12-2004 at 02:44, ootz :
t8 is really lee from y(jus playin cuzzin)

hows the mixtape being recieved??

This brutha got jokes huh?..

Mixtape is being recieved awesome, havent U heard it on Y yet? Phuti´s song was song of the week..when U pickin up your copy or have you bootlegged it from Naymbz already?? :-?

naw, nunadat. i been on the under, i still dont have copy of the pta either.life sux wen ur a broke a** pedi rapper with no future. i herd about phutis track, havent herd it tho.(im not really a radio nigger, i prefer channel 30 on dmx)

im on the grind though, my pedi billions are beginning to stack, word.

my wrist watch spins
n my dc´s s bilng
XO.WITHTANK.COM

ootz

• DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE OH TEE ZEE
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-0
  • Ootz Tha Afronaut
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ootz85
i remember the first time i herd about it(was too young to even attempt to get there). was watchin that show that had bob mabena/fresh n melanie son n they were showin one of the shows that went down there. bobbito/jean grae n mr len were up in there i think.then i was ignorant tho.
XO.WITHTANK.COM

SubTopic

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Quote:

06-12-2004 at 21:05, Sensai_Tate :
Headz up:

Quote:

From Monday the 13th December until 17th December- Harambe on YFM will be dedicating a whole week to  Le Club. We will have d.j’s emcee’s coming through. Battles, hang out sessions too.

People will be able to call 0827573949 and leave messages about Le Club, their memories, funny stories, the best punchlines or even some weaklines that they remember in battles. What they miss the most. Feel free to talk about people who have blown up as a result of Le Club and you knew they would. Also talk about people who have developed a lot from the days of Le Club and people who were legends in Le Club that have disappeared.  

Callers will also be able to let Harambe know who they felt were some of the legends from Le Club days etc.

The whole week will be listener driven and email driven too. So start today call 0827574939 and leave your le club message. Or email lee@yfm.co.za and put the subject as    “ a day in the life”.

Anything and everything about le club- you tell us your story on Le Club…Why we doing it- just for the fun of it. Lets go back in time to the days of Le Club

Lee (the presenter NOT the Club!!) @Harambe :-o

wat u talking about?  Lee the presenter not the club?   what you trying to say?

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Did anyone catch that cahotic mess that was the Asylum Trybe interview on Yfm last night round 545?
Dudes be calling out Skwatta Kamp and all man.

"Lets stop the negativity & enhance our CREATIVITY"

There is a long way to go to grow this SA hip hop industry...long way.

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
skwatta sucks!!! they deserve to have their a**es called out  - let´s see them b!tch out now. lame phucks!
My parents said i could be whatever i wanted, so i chose to become an a**hole

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
a**ylum Tribe held it down last night. I was so proud them. Finally someone got up on radio and said some honest shyt. Skwatta Kamp sucks !

I know they´ve had beef since wayback but now it´s on. I hated the fact that Bad Boy T highlighted that they were to concerned with Skwatta, when it was actually Amu who started the whole thing by asking them the question. Seemed like Y-FM was taking sides here. Let people say what they wanna say.

This whole thing aint negative. It´s a**ylum tribe´s opinion that Skwatta sucks, so why is everybody getting upset over it ? Let´s be honest with each other for a second and stop sucking up to people and a** kissing. And why do we need to feel so unified and shyt ? I know hip-hop is small but if i don´t like your shyt i don´t like it, why should i pretend and how will it help hip-hop if i do ?

One,
MrC
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Quote:

15-12-2004 at 13:49, MrC :
a**ylum Tribe held it down last night. I was so proud them. Finally someone got up on radio and said some honest shyt. Skwatta Kamp sucks !

I know they´ve had beef since wayback but now it´s on. I hated the fact that Bad Boy T highlighted that they were to concerned with Skwatta, when it was actually Amu who started the whole thing by asking them the question. Seemed like Y-FM was taking sides here. Let people say what they wanna say.

This whole thing aint negative. It´s a**ylum tribe´s opinion that Skwatta sucks, so why is everybody getting upset over it ? Let´s be honest with each other for a second and stop sucking up to people and a** kissing. And why do we need to feel so unified and shyt ? I know hip-hop is small but if i don´t like your shyt i don´t like it, why should i pretend and how will it help hip-hop if i do ?

One,
MrC

I wish I could post pictures of hands clapping here, and beautful women having orgasms. Meaning I agree

phreshy_superstar

• Guppie
    • View Profile
totally romanticizing the topic at hand. but i´m saying tho. i´d be looking forward to going to le club from sunday morning... it was just too fresh. the energy. the funk. the raw grittiness. just the collective love for the place our minds were at the time. the collective love for this beautiful music and culture.

it was not about what clubbing is about now. it was waaaaaay different. and those who do not know, should not use this place in vain. i have very fond memories of it because it instilled some form of understanding about what hiphop culture IS truly about.

the DJs would blaze it up... everybody would dance. the rappers would show skill and folks would actually LISTEN to what they were on. my favourite parts were the battles and stage performances... SHHHHEEEEEEEET.

fellas got boo-ed when they were wack and were given props when they were tight... and they didn´t take it too personally... maybe the odd brawl. he he he.

what pissed me off were the occa**ions when the chikitas would go up on stage and dance for something or the other. that was just wack. as well as those cla**ified emcee girls. totally horrific.

now things are totally messed up and emcees/djs/ex-le club patrons act like they don´t know.