RuSh · 59 · 16243

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
When I think of Hip Hop Documentaries that really capture the esscence of the crafrt on a street level
http://www.africasgateway.com/article-475--0-0.html" TARGET="_blank">WORD UP - A HIPHOPUMENTARY stands out in my mind.
:-o

Can´t wait for that Innovators World DVD though..Has anything like that ever been done in this country? Not to mention the fact that it will come packaged with a FREE (Yes el cheapos FREE) copy (read: Silver CDR with my ugly writing on it) of the HIPHOCALYPSE REMIX-Tape 8-)

mulmens

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Don't know if this is a hip-hop film, but it was full of rap-actors. BELLY, Hype Williams' first attempt at a movie. Watch between the lines and you'll see why: Lots of lessons to be learnt, lots of scenes relating to various artist's lyrics in albums, it's not all about the guns they were there for an important purpose.
eace means Love

Nappy Head
http://www.getitfree.net/xcgegnns

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
was ok not something i would keep for my collection
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

mulmens

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
It was an important stepping stone for hip hop. All these artists were speaking about violence and drugs in their music and in the end they showed how wrong it was. It used stereotypes to break them.
eace means Love

Nappy Head
http://www.getitfree.net/xcgegnns

eef_haf

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Russell Simmons' The Show.
ABAC - A change gon come!

mulmens

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

RuSh

• AG Veteran
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
i think there is a differance between a film thats related to hip hop and one that features rappers where nothing bout the art is showcased so something like belly i would not say its a hip hop flick if you watch the freshest kids or widstyle u can clearly see the focus is on hip hop and not some film that have ja rule or dmx in
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
Signed to Rawkus

infamoushiphopsta

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
soul plane

ps: can New Jack City be considered Hip Hop?
hare your knowledge, its a way to achieve immortality!!!

"Dont raise your voice,improve your arguement!!" Desmond Tutu

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
whadup blakrok!,,,

Seven Samurai, Apocalypse Now, Blade Runner, Good Fellas, Pulp Fiction, Donny Brasco, Taxi Driver, Pi, Bad Lieutenant,,, and Belly was aight.

mulmens

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

Blaque_Poetess

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
Well, i thought belly was good...and i would cla**ify that as a hip-hop flick, besides the fact that they had rappers or whatever, they did have certain aspects of the lifestyle, or rather the characters cud mos def be cla**ified as hip-hop. a movie doesnt have to be blatantly in-yo-face hip-hop to be cla**ified so(my earnest opinion)l....

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Belly comes to mind immeiately. When I first saw that it the the Hype Williams era where any video that dude did was the isht. Then he did the next best thing, gave me a looooooooong-a$$ video disguised as a movie. I loved it.

Side note; The big production company (read hollywood bigwigs) producing that did Hype Williams wrong in major way. The NAs character was supposed to really go to BecomingPhil's land (Namibia) with his wife (Tboz) character. The story was going to conitue with him finding a new lease on life coming clean while in Africa. They were really going to film half the movie here -the DMX character had to be re-written hence they had that Etv movie ending and chaepness to it at the end. That DMX charcter was'nt really going to find the "church"
..but what happened? Hollywood powers decided nah...the movie was'nt going to generate the desired income. These are the same peop who think What are Girls wants -or whatever the Britney Spears movie was called is a brilliant idea. :evil: SH!y man we gotta get up in this and run it if we want to see movies of "Nyami Nyami" and high speed chases down the N1 damn it!

RuSh

• AG Veteran
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
blaque i think if you read my post you would understand i said hip hop a flick that embra**es all the differant espects of hip hop and not some violent glorified black icon.Get a copy of wildstyle or even the freshest kids that was made in 2003 and u would see what im talkin about
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
Signed to Rawkus

triplelife

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-2
    • View Profile
get in my BELLY!
Him be nice like reco price/catch a overhand right like I'm Kimbo Slice...

Album Available from Musica, Look & Listen and Reliable Warehouse

triplelife

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-2
    • View Profile
Sorry, but I just had to........
Him be nice like reco price/catch a overhand right like I'm Kimbo Slice...

Album Available from Musica, Look & Listen and Reliable Warehouse