• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Time to sow my seeds of deception :twisted:

"A Good Freestyle Battle Rapper does not a dope Recording Artist maketh."

History has shown that some of the nicest battle emcees are actually not that tight when you put em in a booth, stip down all the crowd pleasing punchlines & get em to rhyme about something other than how much 'tighter than the other emcee they are'

a) egs...
Supernatural - AWESOME Battle Emcee, not such a great recording artist
Jin - The 106 & Park hall of Famer released some cheesy "Learn Chinese" stereotypical BS.
...any others?.. Locally?... :?

b)exceptions...
Wordsworth - Check that Mirror Album
Eminem - WHAT?! Yeah I sed it!
J Bux - PE's finest regardless of what that fool whatshisname came and sed here last year...
Zubz - So what if I'm the unofficial fanclub president? Remember that 206 Battle?...+ Dope album nuff sed!

syc

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Jin - The 106 & Park hall of Famer released some cheesy "Learn Chinese" stereotypical BS.
...any others?.. Locally?... Confused

i went on and on 2  my bro how ill this guy was. and then he hooks up wit wyclef(who can make some ill beats) and comes out wit some wack track. Freestylers generaly don't belong in boofs, though even though though they better than 90% of recording artists.

tha thing about "comercial" hip hop ( and when i say comercial , i really mean      
recording artists) is more about ur flow and ur hook rather than ur lines.

music is all about makin ppl listen to ur song twice. thats mostly all it takes. and what freestylers lack is that kind of immediate catchiness in there flow..
but im rambling just came back 4rm drinkind and....

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
hey tate was raining in G town man but was all love back to work now we should be in jozi next month me and bux
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

Makhi The Heart Beat

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +1/-10
    • View Profile
SUPER NAT IS DA BEST!!...OOPS... :oops:
Its beyond/

The Elders are above all/

Above all!!/

- Bongani krushen Cripper Demka...

R.I.P my brother I miss you so much.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Super Nat aint ish in the studio!

how does this thread apply in terms of the current 2 PRO's debate currently raging?...

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
who u callin' a fool anyway? u think im funny or some shit? i'm not even heated over this shit, i don't even know you, but you don't see me droping some stupid shit about you, so come clean, i don't even know bux, heard one song, and wasn't impressed, but why is my opinion worth mentioning? did i upset you? do you and get off the d.i., droping my name in your shit, state your case, or take a universal beatdown like a man, that's physical justice
peace

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Watziznehm"
who u callin' a fool anyway? u think im funny or some shit? i'm not even heated over this shit, i don't even know you, but you don't see me droping some stupid shit about you, so come clean, i don't even know bux, heard one song, and wasn't impressed, but why is my opinion worth mentioning? did i upset you? do you and get off the d.i., droping my name in your shit, state your case, or take a universal beatdown like a man, that's physical justice
peace

Sorry man I didnt mean you!
There is a guy who came on AG last year & was talking shit about him but I forgot his name so I called him whatshisname. Now that I think about it it was Mao I think.
NO OFFENSE!!

DJ_Nastie_Ed

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
i disagree..

Some of supernat's recorded shit is ill....
Tracks like 'Mind tricks' or a track he did with Vinnie Paz - 'Suckaz' - some of my A-list tracks... (Ps: VinniePaz's entry into the 1st verse makes it to the top3 of my alltime fav. emceein moments (Along with "OC-Time's up" n MobbDeep "Shook ones pt. II").

Dont talk shit about Supernat he's got some ill styles (pulls it off in mindtricks.)

DJ_Nastie_Ed

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
oh Yeah... EASTSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE.

Punka**sssssssssss!

[/img]

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Agreed I havent heard that much recorded Supernat stuf but the stuff I have heard pales in comparisson to his battles.

PHUKK YOU EDMOND :lol: !
I know O.C more than you do! My album goes onto the other side of a C-90 tape while yours is just on one side of a 60min tape!

What do you know about "keepin it reeel in dis heeep-hooop geeme meeen". You a weeack mc/producer + your mama still dresses you.
WEEESSSSSIDE! :twisted:

*turns his nose up @ EDMOND

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
oh & I aint a big fan of Craig G's studio cuts either but he would murder most anybody in a battle!

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
The prob seems to be that often the best battle emcees have become so good cos they only think battle, they always prepped to bust lyrical clips and they go for exclusive content, no concepts only punchlines and disses.
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

oz

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
    • http://hotdog.i8.com/

i like this kid but when he battles it's like 4 bars and inbetween each bar he's gonna say " I'm nice wit it when I'm free-ing"
Blunted and sharpened at the same time*

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "oz"

i like this kid but when he battles it's like 4 bars and inbetween each bar he's gonna say " I'm nice wit it when I'm free-ing"

I'm not a jin fan but son I would have to disagree with that statement, Jin has some of the best punchline set ups, Very clean and is always on topic to the punchline. What you heard was probably the Bet Battles where you have to sensor what you say or you'll get disqualified.I have some underground battles of him, dude punches in like 80% of each verse he spits

That not good enough for ya?