The P R Os

Andy-N · 88 · 14786

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
What don't you know about me?! And besides,,, i got nothing to do with PK's management.

machiavella

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Mode"
Pro kid, but hey what do i know I'm new here! :lol:

Welcome to the playground Mode....
If you are irritated by every rub,how will you be polished?" Rumi

machiavella

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
btw according to the latest HYPE...both the PRO's are dropping albums in march ...so we'll definitely see who has the best album...

after endless arguments with friends...i conceded that if proverb and prokid had to go toe to toe...Prokid would whip Proverb's behind but also it was admitted that Studio-wise...Proverb might come out a winner....

Looking forward to March....coolness
If you are irritated by every rub,how will you be polished?" Rumi

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Dug this one up coz I think it may be relevant now...

Everyone knows that ProVERB's album is here now...

But what about that other PRO? Prokid?...I hope I wasnt right about his management & Gallo politics & this project does actually see the light of day in March as announced. :?

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
you'll just have to wait and see,,,

infamoushiphopsta

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
i'll choose pro-verb anyday bn a fan of his since i heard him do a freestyle battle on metro fm on the show that phat joe hosted
hare your knowledge, its a way to achieve immortality!!!

"Dont raise your voice,improve your arguement!!" Desmond Tutu

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Sensai_Tate"
I hope I wasnt right about his management & Gallo politics & this project does actually see the light of day in March as announced. :?

Looks like I was right...
So whens Pro-Kid's album been pushed back til?

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
a couple more weeks i heard... apparently there's a few beat-makers who haven't signed their producer agreements,,, and they can't go ahead with them.

hehe,,, don't be so cynical tate :)

Dox

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
Personally, I don't like either of them.Nothing bad about them individually, Only with the people I chill and rhyme with, we all consider the 'PRO's ', Amu's, Selwyn's, and Skwatta Kamp's of South Africa to be wack.
ollective Connection , UCT Radio , 104.5fm , 8-10pm.

Just Dee

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/landmynz
Quote from: "Dox"
Personally, I don't like either of them.Nothing bad about them individually, Only with the people I chill and rhyme with, we all consider the 'PRO's ', Amu's, Selwyn's, and Skwatta Kamp's of South Africa to be wack.

it will be iteresting to learn who you don't consider wack :roll:

Dox

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
Quote from: "MaraD it will be iteresting to learn who you don't consider wack :roll:[/quote

I have been brought up in a hiphop culture that doesnt giv a f*** about who you are, just what you can do. I used to like Proverb when he was an unknown battling through the metro fm telephone cables. Somewhere he fell off . You can compare him to Jin, sick on Freestyle Fridays, but shit when realised the hype he had created.
The emcees I been taught and am still being taught by in hiphop, ranging from archetypes, driemanskap, groundworks, fifth floor are those i look up to as a the balancng figure of what we all truly or pretend to love.
my opinion is that the proverb's of this country do hiphop from the benefits they saw on television, namely money.It's not a crime making your profession your main source of income, but in my view, your lyrics must at all times reflect your past, present &future.
I'm far from placing myself on a pedestal and saying I'm the next best thing. It's not being one of the best that interests me, it's how I get there.

Sorry for doing an essay. I really don't like those umRappers
ollective Connection , UCT Radio , 104.5fm , 8-10pm.

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
I got no beef with peeps anymore regarding this type of topic.I just go on the premise that its all a matter of taste and what one person likes isnt gonna be the same thing that another may like.

But its just that though many ppl wont admit, it does seem evident in many instances that 'heads' feel that once u signed the dotted line u immediately gone wack.I think its a breathe of fresh air to read the Ras Ka** interview and see his view on the whole matter.Its a business after-all when it comes to a label, so its hard to fight it.U just gotta try and strike the correct compromise.

But ya, such is life.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

“I’m not a star, and I don’t want to be a star. Stars fall. I’m an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Pitch"
I don't for yall, but I personally think Pro Verb is the Canibus of South Africa. No Mc in S.A can touch him when it comes to punchlines and freestyles.  8O

dont let the pre-meds fool you son

That not good enough for ya?

the brand®

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-14
  • PAINT (25-03-11)
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/childakapoet
hooked myself wit that pro-verb yesterday @ campussquare
n well...................
i like it....
once u get past
the feminine a** kissin..
i liket it n proud 2 say i own a copy

oo yeah...tell em decon
niggaz are getting it twisted up on this biatch.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Dox"
The emcees I been taught and am still being taught by in hiphop, ranging from archetypes, driemanskap, groundworks, fifth floor are those i look up to as a the balancng figure of what we all truly or pretend to love.

Funny how you from Ikappa & all the emcees you mentioned you like just happen to be out of Cape?..not saying...but just sayin though...