cape vs jhb

fahfee · 8 · 3045

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
Kapa VS Jozi - Change is a beautiful thing
Jozi vs Kapa, who thought that one day they´ll be such an event when the Bob Mabena´s were South African Hip Hop icons and the Zwai Balas were the hottest mcees....Ja ne change is a beautiful thing.
The atmosphere was tense, as the best from eKapa and eJozi were getting ready to mesmerize each other for the pride of their hometowns. Bad Boy T (Harambe)the host of the show introduced the show by aggressively stating that this is war. At this point there was no turning back for both provinces. Goddessa opened with a very organised and rehearsed set, Ramesh then followed and gave a performance like no other with brothers By Example (Fortune and Quinton (Naked D.J.) they set a pace for Jozi acts who were constantly found at the front of the stage supporting each other.

A surprise appearance from Mizchif representing Cape Town although a question was raised about where is he really representing cause he´s also lived in Jozi, when he got on stage he let it be known that he´s representing Zimbabwe, but we all knew he´s representing Cape Town cause we found him there. Yes you guessed right he had a new crew again, he represented well and congratulated Jozi for their progress and even gave a shout out to his first crew in Jozi Chain Reaction today known as Basemental Platform.

H20 then got on its amazing how quick they´ve gotten command of the stage they performance was "wonderful", they also reminded us about Aids on a conscious verse and when they did "Its Wonderful " the crowd lost it. This was followed by an energetic performance by BVK, I don´t know which part of Cape Town they came from but I expected they songs to be popular amongst the ma**es but they still pulled it off with they very entertaining set.

Proverb and Selwyn followed doing their tracks from expressions, which was received well. They were actually opening for the most arrogant rapper as introduced by Selwyn, Amu. Amu´s stage presence and delivery is remarkable he wasn´t as angry as always.

The next acts was 5th Floor and Groundworks who said all the rappers before them were watching too much MTV and they are the real hip hop. Personally I think they were watching too much SABC news cause they performance was very depressing-guys you can mc but more work on your stage performances then you´ll understand it not MTV but skill. Skwatta Kamp closed with the final set, Infa opened their set with his track from his debut solo album "Got you Open". The Kamp had the crowd in their hands especially when they did their dancing tight routines and when Rau Rau was performed all the Joburg mcees got on stage the spirit of one was felt, Cape Town was shocked by the unity and energy of all the Jozi mcees.

Then came the battles, now picture this 5 battlers from each province and a crowd from one province and all of the Jozi mcees on stage to support their fellow men.

Smackx kicked it off but lost cause he accidentally put the word Cape Town in his rhymes the wrong way and the ma**es were offended, Cape Town took it there, then Proverb came he ripped it apart, Jozi took it, Selwyn was punched by his competition which almost led to a physical battle his competitor still won,Cape Town took it. Zubs ripped it apart and Jozi took it again. Slick took out his opposition but they were disqualified cause dude from Cape Town was busy bugging the host. The crowds call for Jozi made it evident that Jozi took it.

All in all Cape Town was a ball. We´d like to thank the people from a Cape Town that packed Dockside for this event and all the mcees that participated. Bad Boy T, Lee and Sanza(Harambe)Bush Radio,P4,the sponsors, YFM, UCT Radio, Intercape, CellC, Loxion Kulca and Arts and Culture Department. This was not a battle to stir hate between the two provinces but to learn from each other, find a way to control the growth of this art and also to raise funds for mothers and children with Aids.

Peace let it happen again with the same spirit.

- Angriblakman

from amuseafrica.com
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

SOYA DADDY

• BIG SPACE
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +4/-3
  • www.myspace.com/spacevein
    • View Profile
    • Official BiG Space Music page
f*** the stupid a** media,who the f*** writes this shit?ever since 8mile came out and hip hop was all over the tv,now all of the sudden s.a. media wants to dick ride and forget that they never gave a f*** before,this is just the shit that makes everything sound corny,i´m not saying its bad to blow up but when you got sabc1 presenters making this whole explosion of cats like selwyn sound like theyre gods gift to s.a. hip hop then i just want to say f*** HIP HOP.

f***i yfm,rap activity jam emcees are horrible,thank god they cut its cord.rude boy went from playing ill hip hop to nouveau yde clothed gay house music for black folks in rosebank.f*** mafikizolo for being so gay.

YES,i know i am a hater and i know i aint done shit,like i give a f***!i´m a celebrity in my jewish suburb,eat a dick to the media monsters and dick riders.

http://WWW.SPACESWAGGER.BLOGSPOT.COM
[IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd205/metalhead_xox/Animate

SOYA DADDY

• BIG SPACE
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +4/-3
  • www.myspace.com/spacevein
    • View Profile
    • Official BiG Space Music page
this is just to get my posts to 170,so...poo cheese crackers and old sotho wine.dont worry,my obnoxious boring a** will stop posting when i reach 200 posts,its my longterm goal in life,then i´ll shut the f*** up.

http://WWW.SPACESWAGGER.BLOGSPOT.COM
[IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd205/metalhead_xox/Animate

CaptainSchti

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
^^^^That´s was uncalled for. Grow up.
Yo I´m mad jealous sonds dope. I wish I was there.
No way Selwyn would lose a battle I´ve seen dude freestyle his vicious.
Can anyone who was there verify this please.    
\'m Capt Schti, Terror Lekota ain\'t got shit on me.

oxman

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • http://
My only question would be: Where the Hell was Mr.Devious (the 1st)! Everbody on the Cape Flats knows that this cat is the illest MC in CPT.
xman

Anonymous

i would personally like to say that i was fukn disgusted by the joizi vs ikapa show...´nuff doo doo floating in the air that night!!
jozi needs to check itself as far as respect for hip-hop, history and the arts and when i say jozi, i don´t mean cypha-rabits or black sunday rocking ghetto hounds, i´m talking these media mogule wannabe faggots!!

don´t believe the media hype-ractivity...selwyn now sucks since he there´s no shimani, amu moans about ´abomrappa´ but an be found on your local street corner whoring his soul to shiny eTV presenters...

CaptainSchti

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
Quote:

08-07-2003 at 00:12, Anonymous wrote:
i would personally like to say that i was fukn disgusted by the joizi vs ikapa show...´nuff doo doo floating in the air that night!!
jozi needs to check itself as far as respect for hip-hop, history and the arts and when i say jozi, i don´t mean cypha-rabits or black sunday rocking ghetto hounds, i´m talking these media mogule wannabe faggots!!

don´t believe the media hype-ractivity...selwyn now sucks since he there´s no shimani, amu moans about ´abomrappa´ but an be found on your local street corner whoring his soul to shiny eTV presenters...

I can´t understand what you´re saying.
\'m Capt Schti, Terror Lekota ain\'t got shit on me.

oxman

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • http://