Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

50 Cent and The Game call truce in rap war

digabledust

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Check yourself: Rap artists 50 Cent, left, and The Game, hold checks during a news conference. Photo: AP

March 10, 2005

By Timothy Gardner

New York - Feuding gangsta rappers 50 Cent and The Game called a truce on Wednesday, saying they wanted to set a good example to fans of a musical genre that sometimes glorifies violence and occasionally falls victim to it.

The two stars, who have at least 14 bullet wounds between them, donated $253 000 (about R1.4 million) to the Boys Choir of Harlem and an unspecified amount to a foundation in Compton, the Los Angeles neighbourhood where The Game grew up.

"This is an opportunity for people to see us make peace," 50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, told reporters at a news conference in Harlem.

The spat between 50 Cent and his former protege, whose real name is Jayceon Taylor, came to a head last week when a man said to be part of The Game's entourage was shot in the leg outside a radio station where 50 Cent was doing an interview.

Hours later, shots were fired at the Manhattan offices of 50 Cent's representatives, Violator Management.

The clashes fuelled fears of further violence and prompted prominent black preacher and civil rights activist Al Sharpton to call for a broadcasting ban to keep artists linked to violence off the radio and television for 90 days.

The feud also coincided with the release of 50 Cent's new album, The Ma**acre, which shot to No.1 on the US pop charts on Wednesday on first-week sales of 1.14 million copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Meanwhile The Game's debut album, Documentary, slipped one notch to No. 5 on sales of 100 000 copies as his seven-week sales tally climbed to more than 1.5 million units.  

The Game, who admits that he was once a drug dealer, said he wanted to show that problems could be resolved through talk. "I want to apologise. I'm almost ashamed to have participated in the things that went on over the last few weeks," he said.

The two men embraced and shook hands after handing over checks to the director of the Boys Choir of Harlem.

Gangsta rap conflicts have been deadly in the past. 50 Cent noted that Wednesday was the anniversary of the 1997 death of Christopher The Notorious B.I.G. Wallace, who was gunned down in Los Angeles. Another of the biggest names in rap, Tupac Shakur, was shot dead in Las Vegas in 1996.

"In the shadow of the untimely death of Biggie, today marks the anniversary of his death. We're here to show people can rise above even the most difficult circumstances and together we can put negativity behind us," 50 Cent said.

Earlier he said he was launching a new foundation, the G-Unity Foundation, "to help people overcome obstacles and make a change for the better in their lives."

Both artists records are released through Interscope Records, a unit of Vivendi Universal SA's Universal Music Group.
Steppin to me equalz trippin, walk home limpin like u pimpin"

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
14 bullet wounds............ shit these niggas need to learn to dodge. :twisted:

Also the niggas who be shootin at them gotta get they aim right.... I mean dam man , my late grandma at her blindest coulda made sho they was dead wit 14 in the clip 8)
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

eef_haf

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Quote from: "syntactic"

Also the niggas who be shootin at them gotta get they aim right.... I mean dam man , my late grandma at her blindest coulda made sho they was dead wit 14 in the clip 8)

BWOAHA HA HA HA !

POST OF THE YEAR.
ABAC - A change gon come!

mulmens

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: "syntactic"
14 bullet wounds............ shit these niggas need to learn to dodge. :twisted:

I second that!
eace means Love

Nappy Head
http://www.getitfree.net/xcgegnns

mulmens

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
How do I get the quots and stuff to work properely?
eace means Love

Nappy Head
http://www.getitfree.net/xcgegnns

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
^^^Uncheck all the boxes at the bottom of the text box b4 you submit yo posts.
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

Makhi The Heart Beat

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +1/-10
    • View Profile
If I could survive 50 bullets,how does that make me a great rapper?
Its sick how musicians get money diz dayz... :x
Its beyond/

The Elders are above all/

Above all!!/

- Bongani krushen Cripper Demka...

R.I.P my brother I miss you so much.