Blak Kurrent

• your name is your slogan, your face is your logo
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-0
  • what doesn't kill, will miss my death tomorrow
    • View Profile
:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:
 :lol:
All our words are but crumbs that fall down from the feast of the mind.

Khalil Gibran

KONFAB

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
dplanet right in fact i think anybody who'll feel a hip hop trk jus cos it's considered underground jus as fickle as the mob shakin a** 2 popular tunes... i usually find myself enjoying underground/independent music more cos it sometimes seems like the record majors do the minimum to appeal 2 the ave joe who unfortunately doesn look 4 very much (esp on a lyrical level)... as a result i feel undermined as an audience half the time, seldom stimulated... also gettin a bit tired of the discussion but i thought hymphatic thabs stated it correct in that hype mag interview
ttp://www.myspace.com/artikulatekonfab
http://www.myspace.com/writersblockcrew

the antePENultimate columnist with WRITERS BLOCK

Tarstar

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
Quote from: "KONFAB"
i usually find myself enjoying underground/independent music more cos it sometimes seems like the record majors do the minimum to appeal 2 the ave joe who unfortunately doesn look 4 very much (esp on a lyrical level)...

what are u saying? are u saying major record companies dont look much on the lyrical level of an mc or don't dont want those huge word rappers
elaborate more

KONFAB

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
nah jus sayin major record companies only responsibility is to satisfy broad majority of consumers so they can move records ... if this broad majority doesn necessarily dissect the content in a hip hop joint then it's quite superfluous to load it up with actual depth and substance ... an mc's charisma speaks louder than anything else ... e'body talkn bout skwatta wack, they obeying a very simple mandate by their employers to please their consumer base n they doin it very well ... jus not 4 me - i been lookn 4 a whyl n it's mostly in independent hip hop that i'v found that stimulation
ttp://www.myspace.com/artikulatekonfab
http://www.myspace.com/writersblockcrew

the antePENultimate columnist with WRITERS BLOCK

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
TRU ^^^^

was readin tha last HYPE mag few days back, n was furious to hear diggy bong's ... well... "misconceptions" bout tha so-called UNDAGROUND SCENE! he had a whole fukin page yappin bout bulish he dont even know bout.. like how undag.'s 4 COWARDS cuz they wont go mainstream to make money or wateva BUT... since wen is diggy bongz an expert in "underground hip hop" matters??

the thing is, most mcs dont stay 'anonymous-undagrounders' cuz IT'S COOL TO BE POOR.. like ^^^ said, mainstream concerntrates on SELLING, and to sell an act is required to "adjust" they image a bit to appeal to tha market, hence the dilution of wat we may regard as TRU HIP HOP... so i'm sayin', u cant expect sumbody like.. say.. king daniel (cape town mc) to cross ova wit his image cuz he's not as JIGGY as skawatta, or selwyn etc.. but WE like it that way! we dnt need somebody 2 tell us how 2 make our music...

and tha otha bs i notice is tha local medai encouriges wackness on tha aiirwaves, but on tha cape town undaground scene.. if u wak we make sure u know about it!
so mainstream hip hop dont really do it 4 me.. i do enjoy OLD SCHOOL JAMS.. and quite a few undaground acts @ tha momment..

PeAcE

Blak Kurrent

• your name is your slogan, your face is your logo
  • AG Hustler
  • what doesn't kill, will miss my death tomorrow
    • View Profile
who said hip hop is ONLY/ALL about making money anyway :?:  :?:
All our words are but crumbs that fall down from the feast of the mind.

Khalil Gibran

RuSh

• AG Veteran
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
dont we need money for survival? the people who run our country is nothing but gluttons they feed people race bullshit to hide the fact that they stealin and robbing.
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

Makhi The Heart Beat

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +1/-10
    • View Profile
damn rush,calm down man. 8O
Its beyond/

The Elders are above all/

Above all!!/

- Bongani krushen Cripper Demka...

R.I.P my brother I miss you so much.

Makhi The Heart Beat

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +1/-10
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Sensai_Tate"
1stly Someone here sed something sabout Rap & Hip Hop being the same..Without going into too much details I would like to states that this is incorrect. Rap is only one aspect of Hip Hop Culture. Nuff Sed.

I tried my hand at Club Djing once & I realised that the problem is simply audience conditioning. If the audience were conditioned to some of this rare music thats actually worth something then they would be familiar & hence DANCE to it in the club which would make the DJs who's job it is to make the ladies dance play more of it.
It seems to be a prisoners dilema but conditioning is the only way to change people's mindsets I think.

NB: Underground has nothing to do with a message or quality of music or even a certain sound. Its been misconscieved. Its more about accessibility. If an artists material is rarely accessible in the "mainstream" commercial outlets (Mainstream Radio, Major CD outlets etc) then they are Underground.

I cannot walk into Musica or CNA & Pick up "The Send off" this makes the Send Off UNDERGROUND

I CAN walk into any Musica outlet & pick up "Washumkuku" (sp) making it a commercial.

Talib Kweli's work on Soundbombing 1 is not readily available at mainstream distrib outlets making it what?..you guessed it UNDERGROUND!!!
His latest offering is available Everywhere making it what?....COMMERCIAL!

There are artists that make music specificay targeting the clubs & radio stations but never break into the mainstream..what are they?..UNDERGROUND!!!

AVAILABILITY Its really quite simple.
DONE!

"I represent the Underground Still holding it down,
F*ck all you commercial rappers to me you sound like clowns"...

"This is Beautiful Music with Intelligence Attached,
If it hits the Charts then why refuse it?"
-Mr Selwyn feat Pro-Kid - "Debate"

I've neva read a post this long and stay awake through it.You make sense man.
Its beyond/

The Elders are above all/

Above all!!/

- Bongani krushen Cripper Demka...

R.I.P my brother I miss you so much.

mulmens

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Rush seems so sensible tonight. I agree.
eace means Love

Nappy Head
http://www.getitfree.net/xcgegnns

RuSh

• AG Veteran
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
just sensitive with the scenario of our peoples conditions and our so called leaders
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

mulmens

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Ja, I often wonder if our so-called leaders are really worht the weight of the words that come from their mouths.
eace means Love

Nappy Head
http://www.getitfree.net/xcgegnns