briCK · 8 · 4140

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
I have bitten by the Microsoft Bug.i am doing internet programming in ASP.NET and C#.anyone else in this field?
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

biz-ark-human

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Corporate Nemesis on bandcamp
Shit man, C#, dat's hectic. Nah, ain't doin' it myself (just got introduced to C++ 3-4 months ago)...

Pretty interested in html, but i'll have time for dat soon as i'm over with skool work. Hope u get to design a website for us when you done wit that, ONE! :lol:

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Its not really that hectic..its just mindset change...

Microsft Has Changed How sit works...its like a whole new way of computing..as soon as broadband becomes the norm "interneting" will mean something else you could virtually get information from anywhere on any device..creepy shit

biz-ark-human

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-0
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ

Started with C -> C++ -> VB6 -> VB.NET (Desktop Appz)
Busy with C# and Macromdedia Coldfusion

Personally I don't like the .NET IDE for developing Seriously appealing Systems.

Server side coding and integration into dynamic websites I do in Macromedia DreamWeaver, Flash, Fireworks.
All the ASP coding and HTML is done here.

Or you could Develop the Html pages in Dreamweaver & attach the code behind pages in .NET, whether you use C# or VB.

One thing I noticed is that when you learn Rugged methodologies in C and above, you can basically learn any desktop programming language quickly.
VB sucks, but Hey it's as fast in results as you would do a loop in Fruity.

There was a serious abstraction from Desktop programming and programming for Palmtops or Websites.

.NET came in and integrated a framework where the coding you do is machine independent. Basically you can deploy your application on a PDAs, Intel Architectured Machines, Machines running Symbian OS's Like Nokia & SonyEricsson PDAz etc..

Web development on the other hand is Ruled by Macromedia. Microsoft should stick to their core business of selling Operating Systems & Server products. I mean they even tried to take on Adobe in the Graphics department. Peoplez needz ta chill..

Word....

biz-ark-human

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
One thing I noticed is that when you learn Rugged methodologies in C and above, you can basically learn any desktop programming language quickly.

Tru dat!

:lol:

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
VB is a "simple" enough language if you look at it from a GUI creation and error handling, program flow perspective as a VB programmer the same way asp pages are easy to write, but the power lies in your understanding of "Web Development"

Then there are VB Developers who basically write components..that is some really hairy shit, hats my space creating server objects, DLLs, COM+ components and the like thats where you findout that VB isacually a very powerfull tool..only on a microsoft platform that is. Anyone who has ever written a DLL will tell you that VB Dlls are a "myth" they work for two days then they break and break the whole PC so most VB Develoers are actually skilled C++ programmers but end up having to write DLLs in C++ but need to interface the with VB aplications and we all know the MFC does NOT work so basically you sitting there hacking just to get the shit to work..you cant work like that..thats where C# and .Net basically. comes in it complies ALL the code to one intermidiate language so the power of C++ is at the palm of your hands on a MICROSOFT platform..its f***ing crazy.. writting complex C++ cla**es that run smoothly on a VB application.beautiful shit.

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-0
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ
Then there also Delphi which is not that popular amongst some people.
Components are a joy when working in Delphi. Delphi over VB, anytime.

The problem I have with VB is that code management is a Pighouse when someone else has to take a look at cryptic program flows and things. Everything is everywhere.
Some systems administrators actually don't appreciate the way VB apps try to replace Dllz and shared components. It's always messy and if you look at the ActiveX Controls, DLL & EXE Servers on some machinez, there's always a mess with blank referencing, Dll dependencies & registry entries.

C++ is quite a powerful tool for developing inline a**embly code for comlex routines which execute faster the than you can say the V in the word VB. Look at Gaming engines and Comlex Mathematically intense applications. I know that sometimes you write DLL's in C++ and have to interface them into VB. I'll scrutinize here because It takes so much more lines of a**embler code in compilation when accessing registers and memory a**ignations in Intels crappy segmented Architecture when things are done in VB.

That's why the IBM PowerPC Chipset and Apple Motorola Chipsets will forever crap in Intel chipsets. Look at why you can run Serious Music & graphically intense applications on Apples without those messed up gliches.
MacOSX has a pure UNIX kernel and theres a reason for this. Unix is undisputed when it comes to reliability and Large scale operations. WIN32 on the other hand... "BLUE SCREEN". Those guys are still running crappy 16-bit DOS shit behind and warm it up for the ma**es.

.NET yeah it revolutionized shit. But if you have to dwelve into the bytecodes and inline a**embler. some stuff take longer to compile.
.NET is for Microsoft guys, and remember, there's always somebody with better shit.

Word....