Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

BAFFOON FOR THE DAY...

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-17
    • View Profile
Truman Prince, who was caught on television making sexual advances to a young girl, got a 16-year-old schoolgirl pregnant in the early 1990s.

And the suspended ANC member and Central Karoo city manager has not paid a cent towards the maintenance of his now 15-year-old daughter.

Speaking to the Cape Argus from her Pretoria home yesterday, her grandmother said: "All his sins have eventually caught up with him. I'm glad everything came out and he is facing the final curtain."

But today fingers are pointing to a faction in the ANC which has been supporting Prince, despite repeated attempts by Local Government and Housing MEC Marius Fransman to have him booted out of his post as municipal manager of Beaufort West.

Last month's Central Karoo ANC regional conference lifted the veil on those riding shotgun for Prince in the ANC, when Prince threatened delegates if they did not vote for a candidate aligned to supporters of regional secretary Mcebisi Skwatsha.

Skwatsha's supporters are trying to unseat Ebrahim Rasool as chairman of the provincial ANC.

Prince is also said to enjoy protection from a member of the ANC's national executive committee.

Prince was a teacher at the Bastiaanse Secondary School in Beaufort West when he got a Std 9 pupil pregnant 15 years ago.

He denied being the father of the girl's daughter, but blood tests confirmed that he was.

The girl, the granddaughter of a former Labour Party MP, lived with her grandparents in Pretoria until December when she moved to London to live with her mother, who has married and works as a diplomat.

Last night, after a second broadcast on Prince aired on Special a**ignment on SABC3, the girl's grandmother slammed Prince's attitude towards his daughter.

The grandmother said Prince was "just not interested", and had only visited his daughter once or twice when the family had threatened him through the courts.

"I don't even know how much his maintenance is in arrears."

She said the entire saga had placed a financial and emotional strain on the family.

"It emotionally broke my daughter ... completely and we had to send her for psychological treatment."  

She said that although her granddaughter was happy, she had always spoken of having a relationship with her father.

But Prince had made little effort to see her and on one occasion, when he was contacted by a doctor to pay a medical bill for her, even denied knowing her.

Prince came under the spotlight this year when a TV documentary on child prostitution showed him flirting with underage girls at a truck stop in Beaufort West.

He was initially suspended as municipal manager, and although he was reinstated, he has been linked to two more controversies.
Prince has also been suspended from the ANC.

He allegedly got into a scuffle with a television crew at the Beaufort West police station about a fortnight ago, and was accused of making obscene remarks to workers at a Laingsburg restaurant.

But Prince will remain in his position at least until May 27 when the next council meeting is scheduled, and a recommendation to suspend him pending the outcome of the disciplinary hearing is ratified.

Last night's broadcast exposed how Prince had solicited a 14-year-old girl by telling her she was beautiful and then telling her in Afrikaans: "Stick your tongue out. God, I like it."

But an interview with Prince's spokesman and close friend David Maans said it was the girl's tongue ring he wanted to see.

He described Prince as a "jokey, pa**ionate man" and that "people were blatantly jealous of the progress he was making in Beaufort West".

Maans confirmed Prince had fathered a child in the 1990s with a schoolgirl.

Maans said: "I have no knowledge of a history with younger girls. The girl in question was not 14 years old. She was big boned. I even thought that she was 18 or 19. Only after we found out that she was pregnant we found out that she was 15 or 16."

Maans said Prince had returned to teaching after his initial suspension for having sex with a pupil, but had been dismissed from the school because of absenteeism and other issues.

WHAT A FIASCO. OR IS IT 'FIESTA' - teehee. COME ON NOW...HE HAS GOT TO GO.
- soul activist. poet. flower. fairy -