Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

The Book Of Proverb watchyo final take?

iLL_eG0_AL13n

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
after much bumpin, it's round about time to come out with a final verdict... what do u cats think? what was missing? what wasn't working?

in my opinion The Book Of Proverb is mos def one of (if not the) best solo hiphop album to ever come outta these here parts
so far overall quality wise n all...

here's what i think...

illest track:
I Have A Dream: "like Jerusalem this is'real"

bubblin under:
Back: Beat is too tiiite

honorary mention:
Kimberly Rise: woman on the hook sounds a lil too much like the chick from The Spooks... but Hey! if she can do it well.... well i guess she can... dope track

Critic:
i'm sayin, i don't mind a couple of lovey dovey hiphop tracks in an album... more than that is kind of a crowd
img]http://images2.imagehigh.com/imagehigh/N/16062005125945_NewAGSig.JPG[/img]
[size=22]Liƒè'§ Ill, sØmëti(¥)ë§ lìƒë (¥)ìght Kìll...[/size]

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Quote from: "iLL_eG0_AL13n"

in my opinion The Book Of Proverb is mos def one of (if not the) best solo hiphop album to ever come outta these here parts

Co-sigh that.

here's what i think...

illest track:
I Have A Dream: "like Jerusalem this is'real"

I say; Beats Rhymes and Battles. : Beat is bonkers. Just so happens it's Nyambz coming through with that. Props.

bubblin under:
Back: Beat is too tiiite

I say Let's Go : Completely different flow, overall effect is actually quite retardely ridiculous. Dopeness achieved.

honorary mention:
Marry Me: The way he wrote those verses, "can't wait for this that", some clever lines there that make you say ..what?-At first then it makes sense, e.g. can't wait till we have our first fight, threaten to end it, can't wait to tell you I hate my mother in law. E.t.c. Mature content man, non of that bring you flowers everyday; who does that?

Critic:
i'm sayin, i don't mind a couple of lovey dovey hiphop tracks in an album... more than that is kind of a crowd[/quote]

I dispute that, it was'nt too much or too little, nice balance. Refreshing   for someone to not lose their hardcore identity and still bring in that Male/Female relationship factors and still have the album holding together proper.

Thumbs up. The isht is tight.

DaBadBoy4life

• Guppie
    • View Profile
bubblin under:
Back: Beat is too tiiite [/quote]

I say Let's Go : Completely different flow, overall effect is actually quite retardely ridiculous. Dopeness achieved.

Critic:
i'm sayin, i don't mind a couple of lovey dovey hiphop tracks in an album... more than that is kind of a crowd[/quote]

I dispute that, it was'nt too much or too little, nice balance. Refreshing   for someone to not lose their hardcore identity and still bring in that Male/Female relationship factors and still have the album holding together proper.

Thumbs up. The isht is tight.[/quote]

could anyone hook me up with those mp3s of proverb. because im living in nz, its hard for me to hear that ish.
thanks

iLL_eG0_AL13n

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Quote from: "DaBadBoy4life"
could anyone hook me up with those mp3s of proverb. because im living in nz, its hard for me to hear that ish.
thanks

maybe later 2night if i got time
img]http://images2.imagehigh.com/imagehigh/N/16062005125945_NewAGSig.JPG[/img]
[size=22]Liƒè'§ Ill, sØmëti(¥)ë§ lìƒë (¥)ìght Kìll...[/size]

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
Quote from: "iLL_eG0_AL13n"
Quote from: "DaBadBoy4life"
thanks

maybe later 2night if i got time

8)
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

emjay7

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Microphone Sweet Home, The beat is off the hook ( Nyambz good looking) and the rhymes are hella fresh. What's good about the whole album is the fact the boy crafted songs and used little profanity.

While we are on that profanity note, f*** him for doing two songs and a freestyle at Lingo's on Saturday night.

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile
it's aighht- a bit rosey though... suppose that's what pushes sales!
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Pro's verse on "Soweto Spanish" was ILL
MURDA'd AMU & nicely complimented Selwyn..

if thats what is meant by "Rosey" then I'm aight with it!

blak boy

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
I am not feeling the album for some weird, the lyrics are uncreative and boring kid of way. I mean just cause tou got so many tight concepts doesn't make the cd tite. He doesn't even pull off one concept nicely and the beats are aight coz the cd sounds cohesive, and that can sometimes be a bit boring. all in all another rage dissapointment. only cats that kill it are optical ill everyone else from that team are ok mc's. Don;t get me wrong proverb can become a nice MC, he has got time on his side. There is nothing new on his cd and he does not improve on anything that might have been done before and thtas my take on things
y blood will nourish the tree that will bear the fruits of
freedom.
Tell my people that I love them. They must continue the fight."
Solomon Mahlangu

DaBadBoy4life

• Guppie
    • View Profile
Quote from: "emjay7"
Microphone Sweet Home, The beat is off the hook ( Nyambz good looking) and the rhymes are hella fresh. What's good about the whole album is the fact the boy crafted songs and used little profanity.

While we are on that profanity note, f*** him for doing two songs and a freestyle at Lingo's on Saturday night.

Could someone please hook me up with the mp3 of microphone sweet home or any mp3 form Proverb. i just want to hear the Kat.
Thank you

truthkid

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
got the album on March 4th,, first day when it came out and im still pumpin that ish like i just got it. Concept, delivery, quality, rhymes all tight. Like Dj Fresh wud say "Bigups"
mara ya Pro if u ever check the posts on AG>> that 2 songs ish is not fly hey.. fcuk that ish. i was kak disapntd
roete aan almal tehuis

Foretold

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
I was ready to nullify my credit on this site, too many cheer leaders! But thank god for black boy, u have some sense my nigga, and the groupie bug has not infected u. Proverb is the most overrated 'mc' in this country. The people who review him overlook the fact that he is a carbon copy of Canibus. He's repetative and has the corniest punchlines. Actually, he reminds me of Will Smith.

truthkid

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
reminds you of Will Smith, LOL..
tell me foretold, whus nice accordin to u?
roete aan almal tehuis

Foretold

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
Thanks for that rather insidious question. There are a lot of nice cats in this country.Cashless,especially now that Drystic is out,Pro Kid, Tumi, Third World Riders, Dethkowd and Beast-they've been abusin Proverb and other gimmicks for years now. Crusade, he's young and nice, Sin-it's a pity I hear he's stopped rhymin now to be a manager-pathetic really. Theres many other cats that I've rhymed wit, but some seem to be hibernatin. Pro verb is the harder version of Syfo from the kiddies show.

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile
feel vindicated, by peeps who share my sentiments... had started thinking i was the only one who hated watered down content, littered with diluted lyrics... although i feel it a bit unfair & even sinister to compare him to will smith :wink:
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato