ANC

RuSh · 26 · 6059

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
11 years have nothing to do with the case we talkin bout corruption and mismanagement thats no excuse
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

Just Dee

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/landmynz
rush I think your statements are rushed...

sure the eleven years have nothing to do with corruption and what have you. One thing you need to note that seperates the ANC and NP in terms of governance is that during the old regime corruption was there but no one knew about it(meaning citizens never got to find out) but with this government all corruption is exposed and punished, hell JZ was fired not because he was found giulty of it but becoz he was too close to it. You mentioned the EC, how many people have been arrested for mismanagement & corruption? how many have been dismissed? is it a secret that the EC has the worst management?

to blame the government for what poeple do is naive, to say the least. People are prone to corruption, like it's said, money corrupts. Very few people have intergrity, the minute they see an opportunity to make extra cash with minimal effort they jump to it, check the quick fix schemes to get an idea of what I mean. our government is doing all it can to prevent plus punish such crimes against the people by the people. a hard thing to do, but it's being done none the less.

and to equate BEE, AA to apartheid is LUDACRIS. Aparthied as a system stated that whites are not equal with no one they are superior to everyone, Coloured, Indian or African and as such we were not to be treated with any respect. The system engineered an education system to teach us about where and what our place was, to teach us to be servants to the master(whites). Even today older folks still submit themselves to whites becoz it's what they were taught, they frown when we(the youngters) stand up for ourselves against umlungu, they sure do know their "place".  we are in the townships becoz we were placed there. Now show me any lagislation that seeks to belittle whites. show me any lagislation that promotes Africans as the superior "race". Where in the BEE policy does it say white people should not own the houses they leave in? where does is say they should be restricted to a certain area and need authorisation to leave that area? where does it say they are not supposed to own land?(and bare in mind they brought no land to Africa), where does it say/imply that they should not own businesses?

BEE seeks to address the imbalance in economic power. It would be naive to think South Africa is not a capitalistic country becoz we are, but when Africans with connections expliot what capitalism is about they are cricified instead of being commended. If you want to improve your living condition go out and do that, nothing is preventing you, well except CAPITAL and guess who owns CAPITAL in South Africa? the minority (read whites) and they are still pulling strings to make sure we don't progress economically. They are releasing "their" capital to the few "darkies" to control the wealth distribution to blacks, hey!! we can't afford to have a lot of darkies with inflated balance sheets now can we?

Phoemagan

• REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I sorta hear what rush and every cat critical of the ANC and I'm down with what is being said. I think there a funky regressive culture that has encouraged total deifying of the ANC and all them cats tha fought for the liberation of our peoples while it discourages any form of criticism. the ANC is no better or no worse than, say DA. There are generally corrupt folks in there and there are folks who aren't. The problem the Anc faces has deeper roots than anybody is willing to acknowledge. For example; during the pre 94 elections, when everybody was campaigning to get a piece of the pie, the general message to the ma**es was: "We will give you houses and water and electricity and jobs and and..." Now 11 years on people are still waiting on the houses,water,jobs etc, thinking that all they had to do was vote for the anc and everything was to be Express mailed to them. That is what the politicians started and they have to deal with it.
..And if the shoe fits
Woza la ngizokufak'iscathulo...

Foretold

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
U really sound like a sterile politician. Its strange how ordinary people are always told to be patient but the fat bellied man and woman have engaged in an orgy of self-enrichment. And the strangest thing ofcourse is that rappers never document this

SubTopic

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
While i agree with the sentiment of rush there are a few things we should commend the ANC on.  their effort in reducing the national deficit and of course the wonderful work Thabo Mbeki has done in both bringing in foreign investment and further developing relationships between african countries.  

thabo mbeki is an a**et to south africa and so is trevor manuel.

but i want to make a point on the bee statements reflected in this post.  bee is not benefiting black people.  black people are still poor as hell living in townships and it's getting worse.  the only black people that the bee deals benefit are those blacks who were advantaged enough to get a tertiary qualification.  very far from being disadvantaged.  many of these rich blacks have their hands in different deals, sitting on various boards as executives and/or chairmans.  there is a small group of black people getting rich in this country while the rest live in poverty.  the point i'm trying to make is that is there is no black and white issue here.  it's a rich and poor issue.  the govt has made it black and white because it's a convenience to them.  

affirmative action is also a joke.  i see black people who still live in townships sit in the same position for years.  yet those black people who are graduates (with no experience) are pushed up to management and climb the ladder several times over the past few years.  the other blacks who still live in the township, who have years of experience, but because they are not part of the rich black crowd, are getting nowhere.  there's soemthing else going on here and if you open your eyes you wouldn't be blinded by the bullshit the government feeds you.

Makhi The Heart Beat

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +1/-10
    • View Profile
Quote from: "RuSh"
u ever went to a township and see how some of the people live and shit was suppose to get better? i mean come on now we empowered them so why are only selected people being empowered?look at the eastern cape the administration is in a messed up state

I hear you man

but we as the people   need to take it to their faces so much that they have no option but to hear and service the people.

coz truth be told,we can talk talk talk,but that dont mean shit

and talkin is all the youth of today seem to do,the youth of
76 must be turning in they grave
Its beyond/

The Elders are above all/

Above all!!/

- Bongani krushen Cripper Demka...

R.I.P my brother I miss you so much.

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
we gotta fight the power
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

mulmens

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Yeah, we gotta fight it. Just 'cos they're a pioneering non-white ruling party doesn't mean that they caa lie to us and mislead us... That stuff about the Guvvy getting fat while the ma**es are told to be patient and starve doesn't appeal to me. They're investing in all kinds of things and then at the end of the day they wonna tell us there's no money left for you... You who gave us power... You who trusted us... You who now have to suffer in the long run because we're just too greedy to work for you... You're... meaningless.....
eace means Love

Nappy Head
http://www.getitfree.net/xcgegnns

Stretch

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • http://
I find it strange that the people are not satisfied with the service the ANC has delivered yet just last year the ANC ran away with the election. I think there is much more to that than simply saying they are a 'black party'.

I also think many of you here are disillusioned as to what really was going on pre-94. The NP really messed up this country and Apartheid caused problems that will take centuries to undo. Yeah, sure it might sound 'tired' to keep blaming Apartheid but what else is the cause of illiteracy, poverty and unemployment in this country?

The turn around of South Africa will take years and years of hard work. I believe government is working in stages...Madiba was the perfect man for the first stage, the reconciliation phase to avoid civil war. Then came Mbeki's first term when the media kept critisizing him for being out of the country all the time. Now that same media is commending the government for the growth of the economy which is a direct outcome of Mbeki's travels. Stage 3 is in full swing now, getting Africa as a whole going can only mean ma**ive economic growth for us. Included in this stage is improving government services. Mbeki himself took an active role is this by making it his business to visit some the areas where numerous complaints were given.

This stage includes legislation against corruption and government pushing companies into corners over transformation. People are quick to point out that transformation is not working out (BEE for example). Though they crucify the ANC for their role they forget the country's economy is still controlled by whites. The white companies and managers decide who they want to empower.

Im not saying the ANC are angels but name a government in the world that is. And there is no party at this moment that can challenge the ANC. Don't even mention the DA who bitches at every oppurtunity.
atch this space!

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
In a couple of years, people will really get fed up with them if the ma**es, especially in rural and less privileged areas do not really start to benefit from this democracy, those areas are certainly neglected, but they have done fairly well over the past years.

KONFAB

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
MACRO vs MICRO?? which should take precedence... i think that's the real issue here... the good of the state vs the good of the individual?? with this in mind i don think we doin 2 badly not quite tym 2 jump ship jus yet esp not onto the DA liner... i share the sentiments of stretch, sunshine and afterbirth
ttp://www.myspace.com/artikulatekonfab
http://www.myspace.com/writersblockcrew

the antePENultimate columnist with WRITERS BLOCK