Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

WHO TAUGHT YOU TO HATE YOURSELF

demius · 5 · 4897

demius

• REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I just read the lyrics to Emile Y X - WHO TAUGHT YOU TO HATE YOURSELF.
Well-written lyric, quite extreme though. You know, I was hoping that our generation would be able to overcome the mindset of our fathers, but apparently I was wrong. I'm tired of this shit. It's been 10 years since a black party took leadership of this country and here we are. You hate me because I'm white even though I don't have the same ideals as those before me. You don't care, you look at me and hate me for what I am, a whitey. I'm tired of this shit. I can't get work because all the positions are being held as black-empowerment jobs and still you moan about inequality. I was hoping that we could actually move towards the dream of existing in harmony and I still do. But if these attitudes persist, all we're gonna do is foster the hatred and anger. I'm tired of this shit.

Emile YX

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +4/-2
    • View Profile
    • site administrator
Sorry for the late response ... The song is not about hating white folk. It points out a mentality that black people still have not learnt ... TO SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES ON ALL LEVELS and NOT WAIT FOR HAND-OUTS. We were honest by saying that we should not trust specific white folk back when we wrote this song .... blacks don't own the mines nor control the economy ...whites still own this black country ... is that us being racist, or just saying what is true ... most of the economy of South Africa is still in the hands of white folks ... I agree its not all white folks, but white folks non the less. The song s not an attack on all white people, but we need the other white folk like yourself to start speaking out against these idiots that mis-represent you. We were also playing on the words of blue-eyed man because of the physical attack on our oppressor giving him a blue eye ... and if you not a perpertrator of white supremacy THEN ASK YOURSELF WHY YOU ARE ANGRY AT ME ... The last verse was written by Ray, who says that he is proud to be a blackman ... nothing wrong with that right ... So I really don't know why you upset with the songs content. besides, ray is married to a white woman  ... Hope you do not stress too much about the usage of the terms white and black, as to most people in this country, we are still considered to be "coloured" , so its kinda ironic that it upsets you. PEACE & LOVE ... emile

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile
That song was a cla**ic. The speech in the beginning was from Malcolm X, am I right?

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa
Gotdaymn.. 7 years later! hahahah wow that's cla**ic.

I don't see how compensation of being robbed right from under one's feet ruins the chance to live in harmony..

Emile YX

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +4/-2
    • View Profile
    • site administrator
hahaha ...ja jong ... if you're getting old and forgot your pa**word that happens ne ...