HipHop is Dead

Anthony · 21 · 4578

Draztik

• Producer - CEO
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • Unreleased Records
My point is this, how much music is really being made for what it is i mean for the love of hiphop.... from musical content, production album covers to videos, Hiphop has become in general a vehicle to sell HYPE, its not coming across as maybe  inventing anything new, of course they are many cats that still preserve the form of it, but i've come through 4 generations if have to put it that way, my experiances being the early 80's (phase1) late 80's to early 90's (phase2),  then 93- 96 (phase3) and late 90's till now per-say. and if anything i thought one of the greatest eras is either phase 2 or mos def... 93 era... but i'm a true old school fan, but i still agree that 93 94 era was probably the craziest in hiphop.

my point is its not jus nostalgia, but the sound, lyrics, and inovative ideas that came forth out of that era were some of the best hiphop saw.

How albums do your really buy and they just blow you away from beiginning to end. very few..... are you in hiphop for money or respect. tough one to choose nowadays. cause you always loose a little if you choose between the 2.

Peace.

D!

syc

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
"back in the good all days we listened to gr8 music, the beatles etc... now u kids listen 2 rubish like SOAD etc"

k now dont get me wrong and all but u must remember most of us grew up in a different age of hiphop, where hiphop was deep underground. Now hiphop has become the "current" music, as u can see alot of parties in the states thrown even by white guys, alot of the music is hiphop. Hiphop is at tis peak right now comercially , artists being able 2 push as many units as eminem. But like D sed wit that Qtip quote, shit works in a cycle, hiphop wont die, but its gonna flatline(commercial music will move 2 rock? or pop? or house?) and get resusitated(my spelling is shit) by the real hiphop heads.

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
What Hip Hop really needs is for ALL the f***ING WHINERS to shut the f*** up and make the kind of hip hop they want, just make it and give it out for free if you have to for f*** sakes, all this quasi-academic posturing is just so much jerking-off.... OOHHH we all such deep thinkers  :roll:
DONT get in the fight UNLESS you come Strapped wit a full clip!!!!!!!
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

Misterme

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
Syn-I'd take you so much more seriously if it wasn't for that damn avatar.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse

"Rap's dead
Rap sucks
But thanks to ya'll for
Killin' it
Grillin' it down
And spillin its guts
And fillin' it
Back up with trash
..Wait up I mean cash
Bangin (?) too synonymous
With media politics
(You know they love it)"

-Jean Grae aka Tshidi Abraham "My Crew" off the Bootleg of the Bootleg EP.

mulmens

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Hip Dop isn't dead, it's just stagnant... It progressed to a point wher it couldn't elevate any more. People recycled the same stuff over and over.. There's nothing left in it.Like an old man. Just let him whither in peace...
eace means Love

Nappy Head
http://www.getitfree.net/xcgegnns