Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Hip Hop Connected

Jules Winnfield

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-2
  • Schizophrenic Tenant Number 1
    • View Profile
As a follow up to the Hip Hop Connected Forum held on the 18th July, Artscape have included Hip hop into their Imvelo Heritage Feast;

Hip Hop Connected
8pm Friday 30th Sept Artscape Thearte

featuring:

Archetypes
Ben Sharpa
Azanian B-Boys
Basemental Platform
Parliment
Driemanskap
Writers Block
Klenched Fist
Raiko
Hosted by Controversy with Live Band "Akademix"

Tickets R30-00 @ Computicket or Dial a Seat 021 4217695
Tickets go on sale from the 2 Sept

Easy!

[/b]
When all this shit is over and done – I think you're gonna find yourself one smilin' motherf***er.

mulmens

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Did we have to pay for the last conference?
eace means Love

Nappy Head
http://www.getitfree.net/xcgegnns

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
Hey Raiko u sober man was lookin for u in cpt bra i heard from Kamma u were there whats up stay sober bra respect
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Basemental Platform? Hope they got some new material or material before their last release, cant invision this cats moving the crowd with their previoius release, highly anticipated that ishh, was very disappointed!!

Ben Sharpa is pure heat, so is that dood T.O.P from archetypes, if i come thru it'll be to see this cats.

Jules Winnfield

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Did we have to pay for the last conference?

Nah, it was a forum for hip hop heads to connect, this is the result of that, a platform that artscape gave us to use.
When all this shit is over and done – I think you're gonna find yourself one smilin' motherf***er.

Jules Winnfield

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Hey Raiko u sober man was lookin for u in cpt bra i heard from Kamma u were there whats up stay sober bra respect

I'm tryin man! got a girl now to keep me in check! How you doin? been awhile, hope all is good my man, Keep up!

ootz

• DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE OH TEE ZEE
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-0
  • Ootz Tha Afronaut
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ootz85

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
yeah bra been awhile but u know we will run into each other whats been up on ya end u back in cpt?
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
So, who was at this event?I hear that the performances were really tight.Standouts were of course Mr Ben himself, Writers Block, and I heard Driemanskap and Klenched Fist really ripped it.Garlic is the man.Dude is on fire.

Also, peeps check out the works of Mr Photo-artist himself, Scott Williams aka IZUM.Bro's come out of hibernation and ready to start shedding light on his works.A major talent to watch.I wanna see him doing more shoots for like hip hop mags.I think mags like HYPE and the like need his insight or POV when it comes to visuals.Hope Fungayi's readin this..........he needs to take note of the man.Big ups to the peeps that did their thing.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

“I’m not a star, and I don’t want to be a star. Stars fall. I’m an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Yeah, was a very nice show. Must say congratulations to the organisers. Real entertainment. Well promoted in advance (posters, flyers, promotional gig at CD wherehouse). Tight programme. Started on time (more or less). Great sound system (first time I can truly say that in cape town). The BMX dudes were wack but at least it was short and sweet - and variety is a good thing. All in all, very professional. I hope other promoters and gig organisers take note of this event and learn the lessons.

Unfortunately I missed the first half of the show so I missed B.Sharpa, Archetypes and Writers Block (who would have thought a CT event would actually start on time!).

Driemaanskap killed it. I have believed that they are real stars in the making since I saw them at one of the Drudge Dialect gigs. They showed that they have stage presence and can really work a crowd. For me, they stood out as the cla** act of of the second half.

What a complete contrast to the next evening at Zula for the Live Wirez show supposedly featuring Young Nations (no show) and BMG (backing CD failed to work and they had lost the spare copy). Writers Block did their thing (an hour and a half late) followed by Rattex. Usual inadequate sound system - when are these music venues going to wake up and realise that you can't do live shows on such shit sounds?!!!!!!!

Anyway,,, let's hope Hip Hop connected gets the publicity it deserves and we get more quality gigs like this.[/b]

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Saw the poster for the live wirez gig, thought BMP were supposed to be there, where they? and if they were, was their perfomance of a vertical oscillation status, as foretold would put it.  :lol:

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
yeah,,, BMP were there but as I mentioned above, their backing CD didn't work and they didn't have a spare so they didn't perform.

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Wena Dplanet, you using funnys like BMG, how was we supposed to know :lol: , so they also the wack BMX you mentioned above? man, i don't know what happened to BMP, those catz were very dope, remember joint they heard wit a video, "bmp is here", yeah, but i curse the kuffer who introduced them to Def Jux, that isht they dropped left a lot to be desired, twas like company flow-anti-pop consortium experiment gone wrong. Jus hope the next project will be much better.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
hahah,, sorry man. :)

The BMX kids were the dudes on bicycles - bicycle moto cross - you know, those kids that spin around on halfpipes.

BMG - Base Mental Platform did a song dissing Hype magazine but their beats were inaudibly soft (this was on friday night before they lost them obviously).

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
My bro was liking BMP's track that made neg ref to HYPE mag.Heard it was a clever song.ANyways, he hadnt heard them before so this was his first view and experience in the art of BMP.I guess for me, I can only take so much of that sound.Its fine and all, but pls, not too much.But they can drop some nice lines though.

Dp, u got any Driemanskap perhaps?If u got any, hit me up with some sample if possible.Got ppl asking me for material, as if I'm connected with them. :lol: Honestly, I havent even heard anything of their's, all I hear is that its tight.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

“I’m not a star, and I don’t want to be a star. Stars fall. I’m an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac