Pro Kid in CPT

Dpleezy · 27 · 5386

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
yo, so another badly organised cape town hip hop event.

we have one of the hottest hip hop artist in SA appearing in our town for the first time and 100 people turn up! most people i know didn't even know the event was on. sad.

i must say, pro kid did a nice job considering the size of the crowd. no disrespect to ill-literate skillz or driemaanskaap, but pro really knows how to get a crowd moving. he seems like a humble cat too... he was there while the warm up acts were performing showing love. no celebrity attitude at all.

anyway... refer to all my other posts about badly organised events,,, i can't be bothered to repeat myself.

i still managed to enjoy myself,,, although that was more down to the whiskey than the show :)

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
yeah whyskey nerver fails!!
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-17
    • View Profile
yes. i also left the event feeling like there is a desperate need for sussed event promoters. like whats the story. with the growth in players in the game. it would be nice if promoters also upped their game. urgently. damn.

prokid did rock though.
- soul activist. poet. flower. fairy -

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Sensai_Tate"
"Fede Fukol"

Yeah i'd love to see him perform this it must be amazing...this cats had solid performances at LeClub i just wonder if his curent "celebrity Status" performances are dope and totally spontaneous!

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
I seen him perform his more "kwaito-fied" hits:

"Fede Fukol"
"Wozobona"
and
SOWETO

At Monaco in RIvonia to a kwaito & house audience. I got videos on my laptop at home will up them to this thread if anyone's interesed?

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Sensai_Tate"
I seen him perform his more "kwaito-fied" hits:

"Fede Fukol"
"Wozobona"
and
SOWETO

At Monaco in RIvonia to a kwaito & house audience. I got videos on my laptop at home will up them

to this thread if anyone's interesed?

intrested!

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
I am glad to hear Pro did his thing.Its majorly sad though to hear that CT events dont seem to go down well at all.That said, it could go really pear-shaped and CT could be overlooked in terms of major tours and the like by major SA hip hop acts.And that would be a shame.I think the niche is sitting and waiting to be filled, regarding the events organizing.I can bet if some US promoters had to come around and suss out CT and the events that are held here regarding hip hop, they'd make things pop off.One thing, those guys know how to capitalize, most of the time, on something good.Wouldnt be a bad thing to see that sort of shake down to wake promoters up.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
yeah,,, like him or hate him,,, syd money is getting things moving for Pro Kid. Gallo sure ain't doing shit...

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Its sad to hear that Gallo are just sitting on their butts while they leave all the pushing up to Pro and his team.Its quite some workload there.But then again, Pro isnt a stranger to hardwork.I mean, he really put his name out there before he even got signed, so thats tight.How did him and Syd link up though?
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

Ghetto Rat

• AG Hustler
  • "This world is mine for the taking"
    • View Profile
SENSAI TATE we r still patiently waiting for the PROkid videos u offered! :?:
y thoughts stay down-to-earth like a vicious alligator's six-pack! - Golden Shovel