Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

SUMMIT October 05

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
well if he is indeed a young male, with tribal affilliations to the Zulu kingdom, I would imagine its quite a fitting name.....
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
GURU gon be on Yfm being interviewed this afternoon.

Email your questions to badboyt@yfm.co.za
Tune into Y online @
www.yworld.co.za or
DSTV audio bouquet channel 60.

palimpsest

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
damn..

now i really regret choosing UCT.. it hasnt done anything particularly great for me
Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
yeah the guru got a call from sol guy earlier canadian hip hop pioneer mad humble dude he loves south africa so far they only here til sunday then knaans american tour takes place
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
Whats the word? I know who the Guest emcee is. Its a BIG surprise.

Is Premier Coming DOwn? Heard he might be there for half an hour of the Guru set.

Tommorow will be a great day for SA Hip-Hop.
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
It was only a matter of time before one of Primo's greatest fans made an appearance on this thread! Whats really good Nyamza?! 8)

Now all we wait for is EDMOND to come here whining about how he can't  make it coz he'll be in Cape Town yada yada.

ootz

• DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE OH TEE ZEE
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-0
  • Ootz Tha Afronaut
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ootz85
today was jus speeches n talks.some people talked crap, sum people made sense.tomorrow looks like itll be more intresting b4 the show starts.
XO.WITHTANK.COM

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Someone need to halla with pics & commentry on today's precedings.

Ootz where ya at?

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
I'll most definitely be there Hope too see some cats i know.

Ootz, you going ?

Blakhroze if your going come holla at me. I'll be the cat rocking the toyota/panasonic/racing shirt. Plus you gonna come to the LandMynz Studio with deePea tommorow right?

One,
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

RuSh

• AG Veteran
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
yeah give us feedback was gonna go but in the end didnt seem worth it
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
Signed to Rawkus

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
I saw K'naan on channel O earlier. Such, such rawness, so real.Sounds like its gonna be something to remember, wish i was there.
 :cry:

RuSh

• AG Veteran
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
dont worry Knaan gonna be back His manager told me they plannin to come back and do cape town aswell they leaving sunday for there american tour but will be back soon
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
Signed to Rawkus

Pesa Mbongo

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
All good but what Summit (or Top) is this summit representing?
There seem to be certain omissions in the program.

And even tho you cannot be all inclusive especially when talking about 'African hip hop' it would make sense to invite some of the pioneers and the people on the ground.

UN in organizing this event worked with a representative from Gallo records who according to his own biography is responsible for the 'commercialization of hip hop in South Africa'.
http://www.nativerhythms.co.za/Site.html

I know for a fact that publications such as Africasgateway and other African hh sites had to almost beg for any info on this summit. Some of the most active people in the scene who are really trying to do what this conference aims to do (using hip hop as a medium, raising consciousness etc) did not even know what was happening.

So the question is, whose summit is this and who is deciding who is the TOP of this so called African hip hop scene?

And the other question is, who was there in the end apart from the people invited? The organizations who had the cash to fly out there for sure. Which is cool but if u organize a SUMMIT with limited money to invite a lot of people then you will end up with the people who do have the cash, and so you help widen the gap between the gra**roots people without any money and those who are already making money off hip hop.

The same UN last year announced the WORLD HIP HOP SUMMIT to be organized in Paris in a**ociation with the NYC based Hiphopa**ociation (the people behind the H2O hip hop film festival who have a huge network among old school and new school hip hop activists). This summit was to invite a lot of artists, media people, activists etc from all over the world.
When the HH a**ociation withdrew cos they felt that UN was not treating them fair, the conference was finally cancelled. This was not the same branch of UN as the ones organizing the SA event though.

Let's hope that the people who organized this, no doubt with good intentions, will learn from this years event.

And meanwhile we should not sit still and wait for next years event but rather organize our own events and make our own decisions on who is TOP and who is NOT.

RuSh

• AG Veteran
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
no doubt brother J i feel u on that what happens in some record company does ot represent the feel on the streets alot of brothers have been working hard on this movement not just from the 2000's but the early 80s.i think the best place where u would find the voices is right here on this forums cos this is the peeps thats actually going out and spreading the word.yeah i heard about the summit in france actually spoke to the peeps in france Martha was not impressed and they pulled out and thats good not allowing these outside forces to invade our space.one brother a pioneer of the SA scene discussed the summit and said we allowing this people in our backyards we lettin them use the influential people to spreak mesages of "good hope" for this organisations.looked how they F ed some of the peeps they used Goddessa was declared messengers of truth look like they were not even invited to the event.What bout africanhiphop.com juma been helping them out they dont even invite thm and its in there backyard "africa"
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
Signed to Rawkus