That not good enough for ya?

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
previously dumb white broads have smartened up! they now know that niggaz is just killing two birds with one stone! getting paid to shag.

So you will be hard pressed to find such a rare gem slore...but, there still that crack-head hoe that has a huge inheritance waiting, so if you can..stand it yeah
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

mulmens

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
What trust fund?

No need to turn into racists ok...
eace means Love

Nappy Head
http://www.getitfree.net/xcgegnns

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
According to all the info available Mulletjie, these kids are under 18 and attend St. Johns College....an extremely prestigious and expensive private school in Jozi. Their video is very expensive and they aren't signed to any major label... so they, or rather their parents payed for it independantly. They might not have trustfunds, but they certainly got mad cheddar....and I aint hatin racially or at all....they black like me and I wish I had their resources...Now read the first post and you'll see what confuses me& others and is the driving idea behind this thread.
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
I wonder if the budget included a ghostwriter aswell  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That not good enough for ya?

G-SUSpect

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
b afraid mr september there daddy pays ya bills aka current head of sabc
T'S JUST SHOWBIZ

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Word is that kid FORETOLD (Can one still say that handle around these parts?) aka mtshwelo@gmail.com is part of Entity... :?

More info here:
http://www.creativekingdomrecords.com/entity_BIOG.htm

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
This kids aren't too bad for the people they aiming at i.e. Yo TV, Skwatta Kamp fans type people, I definitely wudn't buy this or enjoy it, believe me, i tried, they can rap but lyrically they still have along way to go, their rhymes aren't touching, need to work on the writing but they definitely wud kill the average Nelly-Bow wow  Fan. I jus don't feel kid rappers, actually seeing the video now, these kids are actually annoying me, I can't vibe with this, they arent no regular guy rappers talking about everday life shit, they need more years and heartbreak on this biyyaatch called the planet to come up with some heartfelt rhymes. They mad rich though.

Msanii_XL

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
  • Africa Dreaming....
    • View Profile
    • http://beneathdasurface.com/
some dude a horrid job of tryna sample on that alch beat...'we gonna make it/home sweet home'.

Thats a wasted ten minutes I will never get back.
BNTS
Listening to
Curren$Y- The Jet files...
Meyer Hawthorne-Strange arrangement
Washed outLife of leisure

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
Quote from: "G-SUSpect"
b afraid mr september there daddy pays ya bills aka current head of sabc

Ya I'd heard that, hence my respect and desire for their resources. Thing is I haven't heard any of their tracks even, I saw the last minute of their video with the sound off while I was on the phone like three weeks ago. I mean it just seemed amazing that me someonewho spends all day sampling various media sources, is relatively ignorant of their body fo work, yet I get my Kora Awards webletter and they feature prominently, as one of the nominees for best rap. WOW 8O
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Okay so my investigative reporting has yielded the following findings:

This may come across as a response to Syntactic but I think theres some interesting insights here:

"As a representative of Entity Hip Hop I feel the need to clarify a couple of things for you, simply for the sake of enlightenment.

Entity are at present one of the hottest and hungriest acts around.  The type of comments on the forums are indicative of why South African hip hop, after over fifteen years of dedicated work by various individuals, has basically done nothing for South Africa as a vehicle of social change.

First off, get a copy of the album.  It does not sound like you have heard it and if you had, I think you would be pleasantly surprised.

They have been received favourably by YFM, their staff, Metro, Channel O, MTV Base as well as Hype and shit loads of other print media.  NONE of that was paid for, unless maybe through the work they put into the album.

Entity were discovered in Orange Farm (a township South of Johannesburg for all you model C cats, hypocritical private school boys and those who are seeking a more comfy life elsewhere) performing for a ruckus crowd of 6000. I think the AG forum only has 1546 registered members.  They were signed on the spot and began themselves seeking funding for their album.

The money that they themselves managed to raise was paid through their parents in according with the law of South Africa, not BY their parents.  The fact that they come from a well to do school they share with many MCs and DJs lets not forget nearly half if not all the backpacking bedroom heads in Jozi and sadly now Cape Town who are now running the scene.  This has nothing to do with their abilities to rhyme, produce and effect change in their societies.

Only one of the artists actually stays in a dual parent family.  The other’s father sadly pa**ed away violently when he was young, and the son the SABC man stays with his single mother.  The fact that they attend private school has nothing to do with their access to resource. Its how they have pimped that system that does.  They accessed resources because they made it their mission and trust me they will continue to do so, again and again.  Unfortunately resource is a priority and if they can work hard enough to come by it, more power to them.

As somebody involved in the industry I find it disconcerting that you would start a badly disguised attack on three young artists who have nothing but love for the scene.  As an example, one of the artists only days ago gave up his dream of playing for Orlando Pirates FC where he was playing for years for this art, so understand the commitment is solid.

As one final point I would like to let you know that the KORA awards entail a very specific nomination and application process.  Maybe, other than the success of their video in the rest of Africa, they followed that procedure correctly, knew about deadlines and were just a little more professional in their approach than half of these bedroom rappers and their bitchy approaches.  You should know how the process works and by elimination I’m sure then realize exactly why nobody else was nominated.

Honestly, Entity are worth the credit they get and when they embarked on the process of refining and publicizing their art they were well prepared for the types of people and platforms bent on bringing down young Africans succeeding in their arena.  This is what happens to artists who get out of the backpack and masturbation cycle and start reaching out with a quality product.  They get recognised, they get rewarded.  The aim now is not to bitch about Entity but to be shamed by their approach and start making similar waves.  What were you doing for hip hop when you were sixteen? Dick I’m sure.

Word.  Learn, Build, Grow and realize that the day had to come when the yo yos were shown to be a waste of time.  Quality breeds success and Entity are just beginning their journey towards influencing their society.  

Enjoy your forums."

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
I hate it when BITCHNIGGAS always send their messages thru other people instead of showing up a nds letting us know who they are, So what if i think Entity is wack, they still wack, i won't go out and buy an album jus because some toddler began writing rhymes in preschool, i buy music because i sampled it and found out that i like it, f***, take the criticism and get the f*** outta here. To whoever wrote that artcle, I went through the album, i said above it will go down with Yo-Tv fans, I won't buy it, I don't like what i heard, im sure somebody else will, hence probably they'd win a sama.
:roll:

And whats up with the attack on backpackers and all, they work very hard as well, they just don't have stinking rich parents, hence they build THEIR own entity, not handed down. and you still say we shud go support your toddlers. I Say  f*** YOU 8) :roll:

Msanii_XL

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
  • Africa Dreaming....
    • View Profile
    • http://beneathdasurface.com/
Get Em'  TEK...
BNTS
Listening to
Curren$Y- The Jet files...
Meyer Hawthorne-Strange arrangement
Washed outLife of leisure