Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Hiphop and sampling....

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile
Came across this list and was like, damn!!!...most hiphop beats I feel where actually sampled from old jams...Peep what am talking about.. :D

1. Arc Choir - "Jesus Walks" (Mapleshade) (Kanye West - "Jesus Walks" (Roc-A-Fella))
2. Nu Birth - "You're What I'm All About" (?) (Biggie Smalls - "Player Anthem (X-Ray))
3. The Whatnaughts - "I'll Erase Away Your Pain" (Priority) (Kanye West - "Late" (Roc-A-Fella))
4. Main Ingredient - "Let Me Prove My Love To You" (RCA) (Alicia Keys - "You Don't Know My Name" (J Records))
5. Silvia Striplin - "You Can't Turn Me Away" (Charly) (Junior M.A.F.I.A. - "Get Money" (X-Ray))
6. The Temptations - "I Don't Know What It Is, But It Sure Is Funky" (Motown) (Common - "The Corner" (Geffen))
7. Honey Cone - "Innocent Till Proven Guilty" (Fantasy) (Common - "Testify" (Geffen))
8. DJ Rogers - "Faithful To The End" (RCA) (Common - "Faithful" (Geffen))
9. Luchi DeJesus - "Round About Midnight" (?) (KRS ONE - "A Friend" (Jive))
10. Dynasty - "Adventures In The World Of Music" (Solar/Sequal) (Camp-Lo - "Luchini" (Profile))
11. Willie Mitchell - "Grovin'" (Hi) (GZA - "Liquid Swords" (Geffen))
12. Wendy Renay – "After The Laughter Come Tears" (Stax/Altanta) (Wu Tang Clan - "Tearz" (Loud))
13. The Charmels - "I'll Never Grow Old" (Stax/Altanta) (Wu Tang Clan - "Cream" (RCA))
14. Dione Warwick - "You're Gonna Need Me" (Invictions) (Usher - "Throwback" (Arista))
15. Billy Cobham - "Heather" (Wounded Bird) (Souls of Mischief - "93 Till Infinity" (Jive))
16. Beherd Wright - "Halboglabotribin'" (BMG) (Snoop Dogg - "Gz & Hustlaz" (Death Row))
17. Jack Bruce - "Born 2 Be Blue" (Atco) (Smith N Wesssun - "Buck Town" (?))
18. Aretha Franklin - "Call Me" (Rhino/Atlanta) (Slum Village - "Selfish" (Capitol))
19. Quincy Jones - "Summer In The City" (A&M) (Pharcyde - "Pa**in Me By" (Delicious Vinyl))
20. Joe Simons - "Before The Nite's Over" (?) (Outkast - "So Fresh & So Clean" (Arista))
21. Peabo Bryson - "Born 2 Love" (Unknown) (Nas - "2nd Childhood" (Sony))
22. The Chi-Lites - "That's How Long I Love You" (Unknown) (Jay Z - "Dec 4" (Roc-A-Fella))
23. Abdel Halim-Hefes - "Khasiaraya-Gar" (EMI Arabia) (Jay Z - "Big Pimpin'" (Roc-A-Fella))
24. Labi Siffre - "I Got The" (Mr Bongo) (Eminem - "My Name Is" (Aftermath)/Jay Z - "The Streets Is Watching" (Roc-A-Fella))
25. Samuel Johnson - "My Music" (Columbia) (Jadakiss - "We're Gonna Make It" (Ruff Ryders/Interscope))
26. Milt Jackson - "Olinga" (CTI) (Tribe Called Quest - "Award Tour" (Jive))
27. War - "Magic Mountain" (Rhino) (De La Soul - "Potholes In My Lawn" (Tommy Boy))
28. Ahmad Jamal - "Swahililand" (20th Century) (De La Soul - "Stakes Is High" (Tommy Boy))
39. Gap Mangione - "Diana In The Autumn Wind" (GRC) (Slum Village - "Fall In Love" (Capitol)/Jaylib - "Official" (Stones Throw))
40. David McCallum - "The Edge" (Capitol) (Dr Dre - "Next Episode" (Aftermath))
41. Creative Source - "I Can't See Myself Without You" (Sussex/Polydor) (Freeway - "What We Do" (Unknown))
42. Average White Band - "Love Your Life" (Rhino) (Tribe Called Quest - "Check The Rhyme" (Jive))
43. Funkadelic - "Let's Take It To The People" (Westbound) (Tribe Called Quest - "Everything Is Fair" (Jive))
44. Ronnie Foster - "Mystic Brew" (Blue Note) (Tribe Called Quest - "Electric Relaxation" (Jive))
45. The Chi-Lites - "Are You My Woman?" (Brunswick/Eugene) (Beyonce - "Crazy In Love" (Columbia))
46. The Meters - "Oh Calcutta!" (Josie) (Amerie - "One Thing" (Sony))
47. McCoy Tyner - "Impressions" (Milestone/OJC) (Black Sheep - "The Choice Is Yours" (Mercury))
49. Nirvana - "Indiana" (White) (The Roots - "Dynamite" (Geffen)

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Damnit, did not know some of them jointz there were sampled tracks, but imagine if i threw in everything Pete Rock chopped on that SP1200. Apparently the man is 60 000 vinyls deep in his collects.

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile
Damnit 60 000 vinyls, dats a real collector right thurr....
@ Tek, I sampled u r beats dope I must say, do u dig in tha crates too...
?

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Thanks man. i do try and dig when the budget is up but sometime that good issh jus to expensive. I'm thinking of moving into a more african approach, i find that more affordable, So Bra Hugh, i'm coming for you!! :P  on some Pete Rock tip for 2006

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Here is the article, a great read for any producer. I know Ekksperiments got dope beats but pete got some secrets in this one about masking samples that can make u even doper. He also explains the beatmaking process, check it out, i always go back and forth reading this one. The Master of the SP 1200.and that shit was released in 1987, sounding better than the mpc released not so long ago 8O

http://remixmag.com/mag/remix_soul_brother_almighty/

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Some of the ones produced by kanye were straight jacks no masking what so ever, f*** mr west for that

That not good enough for ya?

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
Bra....you'd have to say f*** you to pretty much every hip hop producer ever to go near a sampler... EVERY and I do mean EVERY Big Name hip hop producer at some point has chopped a sample... thought "Damn, that shits too tight to fuk wit!" and left it... thats what hip hop is.
Accept it and appreciate the crate digging expertise involved for findign shit you could never........
And you sportin a Samurai CHamploo avy.. you seen the whole series? Too f***in hot...and the soundtracks, you know there's seven of them....7 Albums of sick Japanese hip hop...I'm tryin tto hook it up from some geeky Otaku homeys of mine...I'll pa** it on when I get it if you interested.
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
The-Breaks.com

Used to visit this site to see what people were into-They show songs chopped all arranged in genres, each track showing the cats who chopped it and for what joint, its good if you considering whether to chop a song or not, you don't wanna be slicing the same sample already used by 1000 producers legit and god knows how many else not credited.

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "syntactic"

And you sportin a Samurai CHamploo avy.. you seen the whole series? Too f***in hot...and the soundtracks, you know there's seven of them....7 Albums of sick Japanese hip hop...I'm tryin tto hook it up from some geeky Otaku homeys of mine...I'll pa** it on when I get it if you interested.

Champloo is the shit but I'm still on episode 22 I cant find the rest  :twisted: and yes I've heard good things about those soundtracks definetly hook me up with those syn

That not good enough for ya?

tonycastanho

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Deacon Frost"
Quote from: "syntactic"

Champloo is the shit but I'm still on episode 22 I cant find the rest  :twisted: and yes I've heard good things about those soundtracks definetly hook me up with those syn

any you cats from Cape Town???looking for producers and rappers
for collaborations on a big project i have in mind.
My number is 0827275573.
ww.myspace.com/tonycastanho