the brand®

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-14
  • PAINT (25-03-11)
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/childakapoet
my english name is Edward

i have had enuf of it actually
and i think its hi time that white get black names too.......
not like legislation type thing
but u know like on they birth certs as well....

like a white dude by the name sfiso would be cool.

if not then no more naming the blak kids wit english names
do we hate ourselves that much that we constanltly
pretend we arent who we are?

rather give my son/daughter a somalin name than a western one

jahfish

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jahfish.com
you can call me SAMAKI anytime ... that's 'fish' in swahili!  ;)

in germany, no one would pronounce my real name right, so they have to stick to 'fish'  ...
ack in berlin >>>

the deejay is the screendesigner is the artist is the graphic a**istance is the audiovisual freedom fighter is the fish

www.jahfish.com

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
AWU WATUP VAHOVE!

My name is Ngoni : Mercy (or sumin close 2 that, cant think of the complete english equavalent) in Shona

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile
have a white boy from lesotho whose name's thabiso & his brother's teboho...
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

norman_bates

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
"  THE NORM "

hello my name is norman_bates and slightly off-centre. i have an erection from watching a prono where mary is being f***ed by this black guy who plays god and joseph is a homo being gang banged by the three wise men.

hello my name is norman_bates and this is my goodbye.
What goes up . . . better doggone well stay up!"

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
I know this german caucasian kid from Lesotho whose called S'thebu, Ed knows him also, did he get much flack for havin a black name at school Ed?
Also a friend of mine whose a sound engineer is very white but his second name is Jabulani.
So it has indeed begun, Child, if you hate your english anem then f*** it, let anybody who can't handle it, struggle, its not your problem, i got an Arabic name that has been so comprehensively butchered by everybody around me that I was tempted to change it when I was at High School, but f*** it its mine and it means sonmething.
Your name is you, so choose you!
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

Beaker

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mg.co.za
kid from Lesotho whose called S'thebu

hey that's my name. :?  minus a few letters though...

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Now what I would like to know is how would you feel about a bunch of white folks havin your name?
I think that you would feel less precious about it if it was as common as Jane or Edward, cos now it aint even culturally unique.
Cos personally I always gotta roll my eyes at all the American black folk who take Arabic names thinkin its mad african, while Islam has major presence in Africa and is an African religion, I've found many Yanks who take on names without knowing the significance... this is further compounded by the fact that there are actually lots of Muslims in the US and it really wouldn't be difficult to find out what you saying by takin on this name, but yet I've still met a good few Jamals, Kedijas and Rashaans who dont know shit and just got the name cos mom and dad kinda thought Malcolm X and Elijah Muhammad was cool and got down with the Black Muslims political ideas but wasnt about that Islam isht. They still deep Southern Baptists but they names is they link to the "Muthaland".
So maybe havin a lotta folks who dont give a f*** about the meaning or significance of Lerato,  or Hopolang, or Thembisile or Thapelo or Nkosinathi or Mbali or Olusi or Tonderai or Vimbai or Chitsunge or Tinashe isnt such a good thing cos losing the meaning of beautiful names is a crime.

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Now dont noobody feel i'm goin all racist on my white brethren wit the above, I'm just sayin lets not just go all name changey cos it'll make the census sheets nicer to look at from a cultural standpoint, its that same arbitrary rationale that resulted in black folk in this country just being given English names cos it would make identifying your slaves and endentured workers easier. If peeps gon give they kid a Xhosa or Zulu or Sotho or Pedi or whatever name, let it be cos they feel the meaning and the beauty of it, don't make it be another "home affairs cant spell these bladdy heathen names" situations.

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
"I know this german caucasian kid from Lesotho whose called S'thebu"

this is the teboho i speak of... women just love these white guys wit' black names though!

has anybody noticed how those that get the most a** always have a story? (i'm white but my name's teboho, i'm have german (white) & half south african (black etc...)??? :lol:
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
I don't think I can take a white person with a black name seriously...it sounds too overcompansaty...

Also I remmber a few years back Black people were not allowed to Adopt White children has that law been scraped or are blacks(don't know why) now allowed to adopt white kids..I was thinking adopt a white kid and teach him NOTHING but Zulu brain wash him into not liking being white and when he grows let at the white kids ..that would be something huh? As jokey as it sounds Black adopted kids live like that and when they grow some are just the saddest confused people I ever met..this one cat I know....right I digress
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "briCK"
I don't think I can take a white person with a black name seriously...it sounds too overcompansaty...

Also I remmber a few years back Black people were not allowed to Adopt White children has that law been scraped or are blacks(don't know why) now allowed to adopt white kids..I was thinking adopt a white kid and teach him NOTHING but Zulu brain wash him into not liking being white and when he grows let at the white kids ..that would be something huh? As jokey as it sounds Black adopted kids live like that and when they grow some are just the saddest confused people I ever met..this one cat I know....right I digress

This reminds me of athat chapelle episode with the black KKK leader  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That not good enough for ya?

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
that chapelle episode was helluva hilarious...! :lol:
--Plato

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
I saw D.A. poster for the upcoming elections in Orange street, Cape Town with a picture of a white lady. writen below the picture was, "Nolusapho usodolophu, Votela i D.A."  Translation: "Nolusapho for Mayor, Vote D.A. "

I thought that was funny. Is that her real name?

KONFAB

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote from: "briCK"
I was thinking adopt a white kid and teach him NOTHING but Zulu brain wash him into not liking being white and when he grows let at the white kids ..that would be something huh? As jokey as it sounds Black adopted kids live like that and when they grow some are just the saddest confused people I ever met..this one cat I know....right I digress

hehe... reminds me of that happy sindane cat CHANCER OF NOTE!!

i'm glad i don't have an english name... trouble with my name tho is that white peeps tend to struggle with it i've been HOPALONG since primary school n it didn't help that i was a hyperactive laaitie! but i recently told some secretary at work to f*** OFF cos i got tired of correcting her n started feeling like she was taking a piss out me i mean she doesn't hear ME calling her SARDAN or DARNSA or BITCH i stick to SANDRA... i always make it a point to pronounce people's names properly except the MMAPHUTHIs(/MYBOOTY) the MILLICENTs(/MILISENDE) the MAPESAs(/MASEPA) and the GAYLORD FOCKERS of this world whose names are just too prono to ignore....

my name is HOPOLANG LEETO BIBI AZAEL NTOI MOSIEA MOTOBATSE MOTHO'A 'MANSANTHEBE LI'OME LISE'NE LI'OMELA MOKHOBOTLUNG and anyone who can't say all that shit should just stick to KONFAB!
ttp://www.myspace.com/artikulatekonfab
http://www.myspace.com/writersblockcrew

the antePENultimate columnist with WRITERS BLOCK