Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Cartoon from Denmark

SubTopic

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
been a while
what you people think of this controversy?
http://www.halifaxlive.com/content/view/483/32/
http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/382
we got some upset people at tech on this
do you think freedom of speech is gonna win on this one?  how long will the creator of this cartoon live?

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Sometimes ppl don't know when to keep their ideas to themselves.This particular incident, being one of them.There are no real words to describe the blatant disregard for one of the great prophets.The bad humour says it all.I think freedom of speech is fine, but within some form of limitation.If u gonna let it amount to hate-speech in the media..........then its a no-no.If u gonna take a stab at religion...........then take ur crap elsewhere.Ppl in the world, wanna get away with everything and anything.Its high time some things got fools in hot water and then some.Problem could be that the creator's day of reckoning will never see the light of day..........in a normal court.But then again, u cant dodge the ultimate judge.So yeah........dude's in a big load of crap now.........he can lay in his whole that he's dug for himself.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

“I’m not a star, and I don’t want to be a star. Stars fall. I’m an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

jahfish

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jahfish.com
don't .... don't .... dontdont ... don't believe the (media) hype!

:!:

death threats for drawing a comic? someone help me to clean away that smell of religious opression!

i used to think that (any) god is there to be believed in... if u don't believe in yourself!

nowadays with the "axis of evil" vs. jihads, no condoms for african christs, media pollution, ... i don't even know what to think sometimes ...

i'm just glad that i'm surrounded my music lovers worldwide ... cause MUSIC is the only thing still connecting people in a peacefull way!

I believe in Music!

let there be Music!
ack in berlin >>>

the deejay is the screendesigner is the artist is the graphic a**istance is the audiovisual freedom fighter is the fish

www.jahfish.com

SubTopic

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
who the f*** cares about religion.  f*** them all. f*** the pope, muhammed, jesus, look at history, the muslims, christians, jews, they f***ed it all up.  I find it strange that we as africans siding with the muslims on this one when we were sold into slavery by the arabs.

I say, let the cartoon be published!

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "SubTopic"

I find it strange that we as BLACK Africans siding with the muslims.

We were sold into slavery by the arabs.

Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile
just saw that cartoon & it sure is inflammatory... c'mon the people who created it know how seriously & jealously Moslems guard against any hint of attack on their religion!

found it interesting that the judge who banned this cartoon being re-printed in the South African media has a name that sounds like he could be Moslem... just wondering how impartial one (even a judge can be) in light of such an emotive subject!

MAYBE THEY SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN AN ATHEIST TO HEAR THE CASE :lol:
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

crus-ou

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Quote from: "SubTopic"
who the f*** cares about religion.  f*** them all. f*** the pope, muhammed, jesus, look at history, the muslims, christians, jews, they f***ed it all up.  I find it strange that we as africans siding with the muslims on this one when we were sold into slavery by the arabs.

I say, let the cartoon be published!

I'm slightly confused - are you sayin an eye-for-an-eye then? that it is ok to ridicule time-honored values and exalt profanity because africans were sold into slavery by Arabs?

As an african I say f*** that

are arabs the only Muslims? C'mon now...its not freedom when it hurts others.
k IS mos deurmekaar.....

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Quite frankly who gives a f***, funny thing is those drawings were published in september last year or something... so this whole situation doesnt make sense really...I'd be willing to bet that most of these demonstrators probably dont even know why theyre there, and what the whole fuss is about... :evil: as far as i'm concerned the idiots are just proving the point of the cartoon

That not good enough for ya?

C4

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
It's hard to believe that a few drawings can cause an international incident. If a Muslim drew them, I can understand his fellow Muslims going crazy at him, 'coz he'd be breaking one of their rules. But when a non-muslim expresses his opinion on a religion that's not his, and chooses to do it pictorally (i.e. in a way acceptable to him and his people, on home ground, mind you), then i don't see what all the fuss is about. Does that mean I can't break Muslim rules all the way over here, where Muslims are about as common as unicorns? And I'm not even Muslim myself! Do I need to follow other people's religious rules just to avoid pissing them off? And limit mysel in the process?
I can summarise it all in 2 words: Childish Bullshit. :x
The world's going mad, quickly but surely. I'm glad I live in a part of it where sanity is still in fashion.
Tha High Explocive

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
"The world's going mad, quickly but surely. I'm glad I live in a part of it where sanity is still in fashion."

& where exactly might that be- if infringing on another's right to dignity is what u call "sanity" then i'm glad i'm here where the insane reside :wink:
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

C4

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
& where exactly might that be

Yo, i got peeps lookin 4 me, so if i told u that, i'd have to kill u...  :twisted:

if infringing on another's right to dignity is what u call "sanity"

By sanity, i'm referring to the basic ability to understand that someone from another culture won't live by the rules of my culture, so i can't expect them to always do things in a manner that pleases me or upholds my dignity. This fact alone should prepare me for the worst, and help me realise that in all likelihood, i'm gonna be offended, soon. What makes me 'sane' is how i handle the matter when it arises. To handle it in a civil manner usually requires the basic understanding i mentioned above.

Dignity is a close relative of ego and pride, the cause of many a man's downfall. Not to say these are bad things, but these emotions (if i may call them that) if unchecked, often lead to blinding of rational thought, resulting in 'heat of the moment' reactions and foolish actions. The person who is offended and has his dignity 'infringed upon' would retain a lot more of his dignity by dealing with the issue in a civil manner (with 'the diplomatic touch', so to speak :) ) as opposed to causing a scene and making a mountain out of a mole-hill.

then i'm glad i'm here where the insane reside

Off topic, I know, but a little insanity is always good, especially for creative sh*t like hip hop, etc....  :wink:
I'm all for some insanity, within certain limits....
Tha High Explocive

Lockdown

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
    • http://
Muslims are too sensitive, u would think their God has no power the way they be goin on. What does drawing a cartoon do to the religion, does it mean they all stop being muslim all of a sudden. Religion is a world wide phenomenon that should be open to criticism and if they cant handle that tough luck. Anything that is written by anyone whether inspired by God or not should be scrutinised for any flaws and shortcomings I dont get the idea of not qustioning religious practice. Loooooooosen up a bit. Gotta go i see a red dot on my chest area.
ont sleep

Anthony

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +3/-8
  • Wisdom is knowing when you can't be wise!
    • View Profile
new it was coming.
prophecy.
mohammed aint a prophet Luke 16:16
he's the antichrist read 1 John 2.
it was written.
you have to understand what a prophet is.
i'll explain
peace
Chosen

infamoushiphopsta

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
if the muslims have such a huge problem againts the cartoons dipicting their god as a terrorist and they(muslims) r saying that he is peaceful and all that why do they have to go out and protest and kill peeps they r just proving the cartoon right
hare your knowledge, its a way to achieve immortality!!!

"Dont raise your voice,improve your arguement!!" Desmond Tutu

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
my understanding of the furore is that islam (sunni) i think- does not allow for the reproduction of their prophet & this is why people are so peeved!

i do however concur that one cannot expect the entire world not to criticize/ comment on one's religion, but the trouble comes in when one's criticism begins to impinge on anothers' beliefs... ie. criticize the prophet all u want, but dont reproduce images of him (with or without a time bomb on his head)!

i do not sanction the violent actions taken by some in the middle east by torching danish emba**ies, but to my knowledge the only deaths that have come out of this are the afghan police shooting live ammunition at a protesting crowd that was about to torch an emba**y!

imagine if a picture of jesus molesting children were to apear in a moslem publication- i imagine christian fundamentalists in nigeria, the midwest in the states & other such communities would responbd in a similar way to that of the muslims.

i hate this notion that christians, jews are more open minded than moslems! for f***'s sake- each time someone says anything  negative about israel/ the holocaust one is automatically labelled an anti- semite! :wink:
--Plato