Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

tumi & the volume

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile
went to the tumi & the voulme album launch @ the armchair in obz last friday & it was off the hook!

definitely the best performance i've seen by a south african emcee & right up there wit the best i've seen from international acts... props to him & the volume for ripping it apart! :lol:
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
Yeah, I didn't stay the whole performance but what i did witnes was quite sumin and the audience was so mesmerized. Singin along to each song, energy was crazy. And all them live instruments just add t whole experience, plus teh sound guy knew what he was doing for a change.

The guys are  really funny and personable  save maybe a lil bit of ego which i guess comes from being the major superstars they are.

Still need t listen to whole new album but teh new stuff I hurd wasa edgy and experiemental and fresh. I still got love for the beautiful people, never deny them...

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
I was there, enjoyed it. I think it was just ok, not to say i regret going there 'cause I honestly enjoyed.

Am I the only one who feels the performs was a little bit short? I felt kind of robbed.

I spent R40 a show that lasted roughly 70 minutes!

It was nice meeting you again Nat

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
...and the sound was actually ok at the Armchair? did they have a different rig to normal?

70 mins sounds like a good length for a show. was there any support act?

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
no supporting act, that's why it felt really short.

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
Quote from: "RearrangedReality"

It was nice meeting you again Nat

Yo, don't freak me out man. Who are U? I've never met U. Only cat i saw there was Afterbirth. Like I said didn't stay long enuf to mingle or nuthin.
Don't tell me U that creepy dude who follows me around tryna get into backstage with me at the concerts I get invited to...haha. Holla.

Yo DPlanet, ah think they've got new equipment, looks like they upgraded their shyt n finally read the manual.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

Hint: the name starts with a Th... . Was introduced to you by your cousin (@ the Obz fest).

For some reason I thought you already know who I am. Sorry about that.

Oh! you!  Didn't know U was on AG, it's all starting to make sense now.sorry man.

jahfish

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jahfish.com
Quote from: "Dplanet"
...and the sound was actually ok at the Armchair? did they have a different rig to normal?

the normal one defenitely sucks ... i remember strugglin with the sound when i deejayed there   ;)

i was just happy they had a loud monitor for me!

i havent heard much from tumi, and i know u guys dont upload local stuff. but maybe someone can PM me  ;)
ack in berlin >>>

the deejay is the screendesigner is the artist is the graphic a**istance is the audiovisual freedom fighter is the fish

www.jahfish.com

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear

Hint: the name starts with a Th... . Was introduced to you by your cousin (@ the Obz fest).

For some reason I thought you already know who I am. Sorry about that.

Oh! you!  Didn't know U was on AG, it's all starting to make sense now.sorry man.

Sorry rearranged, was tryna quote bt ended up editing ur post, moderator powers getting in the way.

peace.

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile
find their 2nd album lacking sumthing the 1st had... nonetheless, it's still dope & am especially feeling "what it's all about"! one helluva theme right there bout emulating emcees & celebrities in general
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

Beaker

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mg.co.za
Quote from: "afterbirth"
am especially feeling "what it's all about"! one helluva theme right there bout emulating emcees & celebrities in general

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
I'm glad to see that Tumi & his band are peforming live again & people are feeling the new stuff. Always thought it's a great album. Even better than the first. That band is in a league of its own. Hope they take their sound across the entire country and beyond. 3 moths later I'm still feeling this as if I got it last week. this is timeless music.

http://africasgateway.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8583&sid=ce573997f74234f73d42181b8415dcd3