Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

ZUBZ vs MUNETSI Battlecry

Nthabi

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
Totally agree with Nyambz.
Whether or not Zubz participates in the battle makes no difference simply coz it won't have any effect on his music. Why are still trying to get some one who's already proven himself to do it again. Don't you think there's other ish we could be focusing on??
Just a thought!
quot;It's your aptitude, not just your attitude that determines your ultimate altitude"- zig ziglar

http://www.myspace.com/mcnthabi

"OUT NOW!!

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Quote from: "nyambz"
Zubz has nothing to gain from participating in this. The man has paid his dues.

I think its kinda disrespectful for u guys to want to disrupt this mans life and get him to participate in a "Battle". Their a lot of things that are more important in life than this... ZUbz has nothing to gain from doing this... absolutely nothing.

Politely disagree here Ma Brada.
Nobody here (except the ignant f*&ks) is trying to disrespect the Last.
"Its just a friendly game of basketball"..
Its like an allstar soccer player refusing to a game of kick around just coz "he's proven himself"...
C'mon now when I started this thread I reaffirmed that this was no disrespect to Zubz...just some frendly competition.

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
In theory no disrespect is intended. But you know how these things spiral out of control....

people wont interupt it just as a "friendly game of basketball" theres always a tinge of mallice in the end.

Look at the Pro-verb Prokid battle last year. That was really disgusting the way people just twisted the results out of context.

People even wanted Pro-verb to drop the "Pro".

People just like to see battles because it appeals to that dark side in them. That side that just wants to see people make a spectacle of themselves.

At the end of it all no ones' going to talk about the "friendly game of basketball" Uncle Tate wanted to see but the outcoome of the battle. Its not cool.
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
damn back when Hip Hop was fun.

I am not talking in the context of the battle proposed by UncleT8 but imagine it WHY can't a young budding MC be put up aganist an artist that has proved himself? If you are an MC you NEEDS to stay on point, a dope MC is not a desination its a journey you NEED to stay sharp and hpw else can you get sharp besides by being tested by unrecognized MCs, you did say you the dopest MC in your raps did you not? Well put your MIC where your mouth is and Show these MCs that you did not land where you is... but that you fought to get there.

THERE is NO shame in losing a battle to a hungry unknown cat! NONE!!

that that ol' "f*** you tryna shine on my shine" attitude needs to STOP, i swear i'm battling ANY MC..even if you on some "nah I don't battle" shit you best belive I'm spew vomit all over your established none battling a** till you feel the need to either punch me or battle back either f*** TALKING about it instead of being about it. well truthfully i'll probably not battle but I'm saying!

with that sed yeah this thread is kinda i dunno would be nice just as forumn entertainment nothing more I mean shit there's beats!

briCK out!
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

eraze

• Capture...
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-11
  • www.ethankaed.com
    • View Profile
    • this is hiphop
yep...i knew from the begining that this was jus stupid...

there is no such thing as a friendly battle, shit hits the fan and niggaz get crazy...

Quote from: "Naturelle"
.... we just tryna prompt a battle that has potential to go down as one of the greatest battle in hiphop history.

thats the machine talking...ryt thurrrrr......

no wonder Zubz aint sayin shit...coz this is dumb shit....

thats my word

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
What's bullshyt an why it's now useless is coz, it's been twisted around and been made to sound like there is ill intent and I don't think that was ever the idea behind this.

Why are peeps so focused on the negative aspects of a battle. It's really entertaining true maybe its more for the listener than the person battling.
 But I think its vital for a willing MC who enjoys battles to see how they fare against others, to see how fast  they can think up clever and strong comebacks etc.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
like it or not, some MCs are not about battling,,, i might be wrong but Zubz isn't out there claiming he's a battle MC. he's a songwriter,,, and a respected one at that.

having said that, i don't think people need to get so touchy about this subject. battling is part of the culture of hip hop. it's natural to want to hear your favourite MCs flex their skills. verbal sparring is entertainment. when it's live it shows you are quick-witted, creative and calm under pressure.

it's not just about dissing. i've seen MCs lose battles because they come over too hardcore, lacking wit and imagination, even if they were the most aggressive.

Zubz doesn't need anyone to step in to protect his honour. I doubt he will take part because he doesn't need to,,, and because it's just not his thing. fair enough.

Maybe we should suggest the two of them collaborate instead of battle? ;)

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Or better yet they could both freak the same beat & we'd digest the audible treats & decide for ourselves which we prefered. They dont even have to disrespect each other directly just rap from the same platform/ subject matter/ Whatever...

See a battle isnt just about dissing...Nobody said Zubz & Munetsi need to diss each other.. if you think it is just about dissing then you have much to learn about this culture called Hip Hop..
its about flexing skills & theres many ways to skin that cat...

People need to stop being so closed minded & calling for blood. :x

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
i see your dream swiftly fading away in the clouds of opinion T8.... its a shame.... seems folks take the term "battle" thing too seriously... maybe we should be all PC and change the term to something less aggressive.......
like instead of a battle rappers could have a "Lyrical Tea-party" :roll:  :lol:
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
hahah,,, "friendship poems", "peace rhymes", "non-confrontational collaborative music",,, ah yes :)

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
OOOhh all winners there Dp, I must say, maybe "A Minor Disagreement in Rhyme", or "Amicable Metered Verbalism" or my personal favrite, "Celebrating Difference in Rhythmic Poetry".... AND they all make spiffy anagrams to boot.... I can see it now..

"The African Hip Hop Emcee AMV's" ; "CDRP on 106 and Park" ah peace and happiness and ponies and ginger snaps for everybody, just the way Kool Herc and Afrika Bam intended. :lol:
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

C4

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Shit man, the way this is going, i might as well shift the f*** off the edge of my seat and stop biting my fingernails (the little thats left of 'em).
Peeps are ruining a perfectly good bit of hip-hop fun that was never meant to be taken too seriously.

It's like a sport, for pete's sake :!:  :roll: . I'll bet no-one would be bitching if it was a thread calling for Manu vs Arsenal or summin. I say onward, let's keep hip-hop alive.
I hope both MC's still do this, if only coz they enjoy it, and at the same time for The Listener who appreciates their skills.
Tha High Explocive

Bashin

• im the One
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-4
    • View Profile

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
People mis-conscrued this whole thing.
People really need to learn to READ. Maybe I should translate this isht into vernac..no wait that right even LESS people would actually READ it!

mavoc

• REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
in the end you battle for honour and respect from your peers! If you do not live up to your fans’ expectations in a battle your sales are definitely going to decrease but if you surpa** their expectations there is a great potential of walking away with more fans. So even if its just a friendly battle if has it spin-offs
t is clear that we must find an African solution to our problems, and that this can only be found in African unity. Divided we are weak; united, Africa could become one of the greatest forces for good in the world.