Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Cpt emceez

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
my question would be (to those in cape town): "are the majority of emcees in cape town worth seeing or is it the minority that are worthy of praise?"

as simple as the answer may seem, i have come across people who just want to bumrush the mic and call themselves lyricists / emcees / poets but who just don't make sense.
My parents said i could be whatever i wanted, so i chose to become an a**hole

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
That's an easy question to answer, and i think it probably applies to anywhere in the world. Of course there are only a few MCs who are really good and worth listening to in Cape Town. Then there is taste,,, it depends what you like. If you don't like conscious lyrics and dense lyrical structure you won't like KONFAB or Writers Block and so on...

infamoushiphopsta

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
i agree wif Dplanet there are wak emcees and there are good emcees i would say the minority is worth praising!! (personal opinion)
hare your knowledge, its a way to achieve immortality!!!

"Dont raise your voice,improve your arguement!!" Desmond Tutu

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-9
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nduduzof
Im an eMcee, myself but I haven't met any eMcee in CPT....Where the real cats is at..??
Marco Polo - Marquee ft O.C.
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys
Something Bout Love - The Main Ingredient

I stay on top like eXponents - AQ

VirginPussy

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-2
    • View Profile
Thank u very much for the response, negative 'n positive the point was to get yo'll thinking.

sum A.G regular asked me wat mi contribution to hip hop is = my contribution to hip hop is listening,

i am a POET and the name nuwepussy is my A>G alias meaning new pussy on the site wen i registered. i go by the name Sandi DEFINITION OF SOUND that's mi govt name.

peace may yo'll enjoy your right to be human's 2moro, 'n don't be shy on sending me sweet birthday messages.......
 am hell behold!

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
dplanet: besides the likes of konfab and the writer's block crew, ben sharpa are there any acts that you believe deserve praise?

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
beyond the people i mentioned, i personally enjoy listening to archetypes, driemaanskap, king daniel, sketch, maniac squad and ancient men. i'm sure there are some people i have forgotten so i hope i haven't offended anyone by leaving them out. there are still some MCs i haven't really heard much by, like isaac mutant and garlic brown, who everyone i know really respects.

DarkBlood

Hey Dplanet

My apologies for not getting back at you as Syctactic represented on Saturday, or yesterday. No disrespect intended, I have a project due this Thursday and I chose to also get at the whole thing myself first before I approached you, so I knew what I was approaching you about.

I'll try log onto msn tonight, perhaps we can rap that way. Life of a student, I've put every cent under my name from my bursary into my production and cds and now I'm broke. Swak neh?

God Speed

Boom!

Sduhla

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-2
    • View Profile
Dplanet u say that Pac and Biggie were cheesy, ur whole existence is cheesey motherf***er. I don't expect u to relate to what they represented, especially Pac, for millions of marginalised and disenchanted black youths all over the globe, cause u nothin but a guilt ridden surbuban white liberal. U probably the type that f*** any black girl just to prove that u part of the 'rainbow maricle'. Mandela and his whole caball represents interests of speculative capital, read GEAR. That senile old chump is responsible for policies that have led to social dislocation, commodification of life and institutional alienation for the millions of people, not only here in South Africa but throughout the continent. See Nepad, which is an embodiment of the Structural Adjustment regime advanced by ur hero Mandela. Ofcourse u are oblivious to all of this, becuase u've never gonn to bed with nothin to eat, u've never been evicted, u don't have a sista or cousin dyin from HIV wit no access to treatment becoz of the fiscal policies put in place by Mandela. Otherwise, why the f*** do u think the IMF, WTO,  and WORLD BANK love him so much. As for Biko, he was nothin more than a monstous caricature of Franz Fanon, and his degenate politiks are what eventually led to the irreconcilable contradictions and fissures in Blk Consciousness Movement. I told u this before, but u seem extremely slow on the take, as all white liberals are, culture and the resultant realion to it is not informed by geographical spaces, but rather by similar objective material conditions. People in slums all over the globe like Pac and Biggie not because they were well markerted, but because we found our selves in their music.
As for the 'clever' Ben Sharpa who sleeps with 14 year olds, and shits himself when he is drunk, we do not identify wit him thus we don't buy him. It has absolutely nothin to do wit him being ahead of his time. His music, like his life is a pile of kak.

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
...nosebleed...
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile
8O 8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
yet another display of blatant ignorance - it's called an opinion sdudla. i see you wanna be famous so i won't stand in you way - don't wanna be said to be a pseudo intellect or stealing people's shine.  8)

The Myth

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Sduhla"
Dplanet u say that Pac and Biggie were cheesy, ur whole existence is cheesey motherf***er. I don't expect u to relate to what they represented, especially Pac, for millions of marginalised and disenchanted black youths all over the globe, cause u nothin but a guilt ridden surbuban white liberal. U probably the type that f*** any black girl just to prove that u part of the 'rainbow maricle'. Mandela and his whole caball represents interests of speculative capital, read GEAR. That senile old chump is responsible for policies that have led to social dislocation, commodification of life and institutional alienation for the millions of people, not only here in South Africa but throughout the continent. See Nepad, which is an embodiment of the Structural Adjustment regime advanced by ur hero Mandela. Ofcourse u are oblivious to all of this, becuase u've never gonn to bed with nothin to eat, u've never been evicted, u don't have a sista or cousin dyin from HIV wit no access to treatment becoz of the fiscal policies put in place by Mandela. Otherwise, why the f*** do u think the IMF, WTO,  and WORLD BANK love him so much. As for Biko, he was nothin more than a monstous caricature of Franz Fanon, and his degenate politiks are what eventually led to the irreconcilable contradictions and fissures in Blk Consciousness Movement. I told u this before, but u seem extremely slow on the take, as all white liberals are, culture and the resultant realion to it is not informed by geographical spaces, but rather by similar objective material conditions. People in slums all over the globe like Pac and Biggie not because they were well markerted, but because we found our selves in their music.
As for the 'clever' Ben Sharpa who sleeps with 14 year olds, and shits himself when he is drunk, we do not identify wit him thus we don't buy him. It has absolutely nothin to do wit him being ahead of his time. His music, like his life is a pile of kak.

WHAT THE :?:  :?:  :?:

Net Beef!!!!!!!!!![/b]
quot;Whille we out flossin',while we tryna holla at the jawn at the club,while we livin the good life, this mofo is making music" - ?uestlove on Jay Dee

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
yeah Sduhla, you are very clever with your radical politics and long words and shit,,, but the fact that I find pac and biggie cheesy is cause of lines like these:

"Got a Mercedes for these tricks
That thought I quit
Then got a drop top jag for these bitches that's on my dick
Go to a club in a pack
I'm smokin' bud in the back
I wait for niggaz to trip
Cause bitch I love to scrap."

"I go, on and on and on and
Don't take them to the crib unless they bon'in
Easy, call em on the phone and
platinum Chanel cologne and
I stay, dressed, to impress
Spark these bitches interest
Sex is all I expect."

If that represents what you are all about, then cool.

Give me KRS1, Public Enemy (from the oldskool), or Ben Sharpa any day. But that's just me :)

Peace_

Darkblood_  get at me whenever man,,, i'm sure i'll be on msn this evening.