• AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
Tonight at City HAll opposite parade/castle
Live graph from Kenyan, SA, UK artists.
 Godessa, Sky189 etc on stage.

Starts at 8, 20 bucks, or walk in with me if you are broke.

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
Sound was kak couldn't hear jack.
It was packed and the energy was good and no one was drunk, not even  Archetypes,peeps was rolling blunts like they legal so I guess that made up for lack of a bar.

Biznizz and Ty woulda rocked if the sound was better, the dude was wearing a dress! An MC in a dress, fresh, BUT the fact we couldn't hear him just made him look like a drag queen tryna rap.

Breakdancers were nice, How old is emile if he was breakdancing when i was barely 4 though.

Organisation was wack, I've posters for most of the events for the festival but none for this event around the city. Kinda explains why they were still giving them out at the door, no one had hung them up! Nice design on the posters and flyers though! Lines of Attitude.

The programme started late, and then they go and stick a 20 minute  interval in it. How do you have an interval at a hiphop concert, teh DJ coulda just played some nice stuff and kept the crowd occupied while back stage sorted themselves out, there was no need to announce that peeps could leave the building and come back again. I left at this point.
 I heard Godessa only did 2 tracks, and they were supposed ta do 4. They wer teh headline act and tehy only manged to do two tracks? What the, maybe they were pissed off about having to wait so long to perform.

ANyway big ups to the british council for embracing Hiphop, for taking a chance. The british high commisioner was there, bopping his head and dancing.

With the right sound, City hall is a nice venue, so much history up in there and they have that Grand organ, that thing is Ma**IVe, HUGe.

HIPHOP=LOVE.

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
yeah was wondering cos promotion was bad wanted to ask how was it
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
bad sound is the curse of south african music,,, especially hip hop... they are killing us.