Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Circumcision

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
There...You heard it from a Xhosa sista herself. Jus go mang, it won't rearrange your reality, take it from the woman's view point.

@Toyvo: Sis, the name is briCK, with the last two lettas in capital,, no "s" in front of the k, see briCK is very picky with his name, a sensitive issue i must say :wink:

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "TekofTonix"

@Toyvo: Sis, the name is briCK, with the last two lettas in capital,, no "s" in front of the k, see briCK is very picky with his name, a sensitive issue i must say :wink:

Yep this is true nobody wants to be a**ociated with some loser kwato retard 8O

That not good enough for ya?

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
so is it true that you xhosa dudes eat your own foreskins after they've been culled on the mountain?
My parents said i could be whatever i wanted, so i chose to become an a**hole

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "blaqsouljah"
so is it true that you xhosa dudes eat your own foreskins after they've been culled on the mountain?

8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  :twisted:

KONFAB

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :cry:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :cry:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :cry:
i think this is funniest thread on AG ever
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :cry:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :cry:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :cry:
ttp://www.myspace.com/artikulatekonfab
http://www.myspace.com/writersblockcrew

the antePENultimate columnist with WRITERS BLOCK

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Yea, i think they do, i think its mixed with the batch food they have and they jus enjo themselves eating each others dirties  :twisted:  :twisted:

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "TekofTonix"
Yea, i think they do, i think its mixed with the batch food they have and they jus enjo themselves eating each others dirties  :twisted:  :twisted:

GOTDAMN!!!! Mind the details son :twisted:  8O  :lol:

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "toyvo"

briCK
YES I will and do go out with other dudes who aint Xhosa.

That line that a Xhosa boy has to cross to become a Xhosa man, how do you draw that same line with for a non Xhosa potential mate?

don't get me wrong I am ALL for culture its just obviously there is a cross culture situation where YOUR culture "forbids you to go out with a XHOSA Boy, what then does you culture imply? that the only worth man is a man who has been initiated and crossed over the proverbial manhood line. So every man has to cross over that same line if he is to be worrthy so how can you tell if a Zulu(or other person) has crossed that line. or is this when you deal with XHOSA people? coz if you belive in it THAT much then it must a fundamental pillar in the formation of your intergrity as a woman, and as such, there is no room for a double standard.

PS...Tek and Deac thanks for clarifying the importance of a name!!!
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

oz

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
    • http://hotdog.i8.com/
Quote from: "RearrangedReality"
Any Xhosa men who havenīt and think will never get circumcised. How has your life been so far? How did your parents take it? Do you have Xhosa friends who got circumcised and how are they treating you?.
<BR>
<BR>Man I just lost some friends through this shit. They chose not to hang with me because Iīm not looking forward to doing that shit. They say they will be excommunicated from manhood if they hang with. What the f*** is that? Iīm not too worried about that though.
<BR>
<BR>I still do have Xhosa friends who got circumcised and they donīt have a problem with that, infact one of them told me that how you take the rules you are given during initiation is entirely on the individual.
<BR>
<BR>Iīm Xhosa too but Iīm just worried that it might not be possible for me to marry a Xhosa woman if I donīt get circumcised.
<BR>
<BR>Oh, I almost forgot to say the reason I donīt want to get circumcised.
<BR>
<BR>1) I donīt believe going through extreme physical pain will turn me into a man.
<BR>2) Noboby is prepared to tell what goes on there and what you get tought so that I can know If need that kind of education or not.
<BR>3) Iīm not prepared to risk my life for something which hasnīt impressed me as far as teaching people to behave like real men is concerned.
<BR>
<BR>your comments will be appreciated.
<BR>
<BR>Peace

being xhosa is like a religin, it's not just abt the language
it's either u are a believer or u are not...

clearly u are not, then u are not Xhosa

ulilawu boy.

and somebody plz lock this topic
Blunted and sharpened at the same time*

oz

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
    • http://hotdog.i8.com/
and guys plz don't talk abt things u do not know of..

@Toyvo: plz check your pm
Blunted and sharpened at the same time*

jahfish

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jahfish.com
lets add a little information:

"the practice lies at the heart of the nation's struggle between traditionalism and modernity" is the average line u read about the topic. and i think u should struggle

Witness the way in which circumcision has been rationalised in Jewish culture. The original covenant with Jehovah, who tells Abraham in Genesis 17 that this penile snip is how he shall define his descendants as chosen by God, is later explained and defended in all sorts of other ways in rabbinical literature. Perhaps the need to do this is driven by the lack of any real biblical sense of why Jehovah should choose this particular, rather bizarre way of marking his chosen people. In any case, circumcision is not peculiar to Judaism; it is practised by Muslims, for instance, despite the lack of any mention of circumcision in the Koran. Its anthropological origins are mysterious, though it may have something to do with the Hebrew "captivity" in ancient Egypt, which provides the oldest known example of the practice.

In the 12th century, the Jewish thinker Moses Maimonides argued that circumcision was intended to "bring about a decrease in sexual intercourse and a weakening of the organ in question ... The bodily pain caused to that member is the real purpose of circumcision." Yet his follower Isaac ben Yedaiah confused matters, seeing circumcision as a way to increase male sexual pleasure and speed up the sex act: the circumcised man, he writes, "will find himself performing his task quickly, emitting his seed as soon as he inserts the crown", thus discouraging too much female interest in sex - and we all know how fatal it is to get women into a lustful state. Free feminine sexuality is even more threatening to the social fabric than the retention of foreskins.

The absurdity of such arguments is highlighted by the masturbation scare of the late 1800s and early 1900s, which encouraged routine circumcision in the United States (still performed on about 80% to 90% of male children there). In 1903 Dr Mary R Melenby wrote that masturbation "lays the foundation for consumption, paralysis and heart disease. It weakens the memory, makes a boy careless, negligent and listless. It even makes many lose their minds; others, when grown, commit suicide."

Circumcision was proffered as the ideal remedy. The leading health freak and inventor of cornflakes, John Harvey Kellogg, argued that "a remedy for masturbation which is almost always successful in small boys is circumcision. The operation should be performed by a surgeon without administering an anaesthetic, as the brief pain attending the operation will have a salutary effect upon the mind, especially if it be connected with the idea of punishment. In females, the author has found the application of pure carbolic acid to the clitoris an excellent means of allaying the abnormal excitement."

It is not a long way from this to female "circumcision" - that is, genital mutilation. Still practised in many parts of Africa, including Egypt, it is seen as a way to control woman. Few Western commentators defend it, yet there is no consensus about the mutilation of male children in the West.

As medical arguments around hygiene and disease control offer conflicting evidence, such practices are still defended in the name of tradition. For instance, circumcision is seen as an essential part of Jewish identity, just as it is often seen as crucial to certain African identities. But cultural traditions, to have any meaning, must be espoused and renewed by their practitioners within a changing social context.

An example for the interrogation of tradition in Africa is the way Jewish circumcision is being questioned today: some argue it is inconsistent with the Torah's prohibitions on bodily marking or scarring. And it was questioned during the Hellenistic period (fourth century BC onward) and in the German reform movement of the 1840s. In any case, the transition from partial (milah ) to full (periah) circumcision took place in the Hellenistic era, driven by rabbis trying to counter the deracination of diasporic Jews. Yet, as one writer put it in the Jewish Spectator: "The biggest threat to Jewish survival is a**imilation. There is no evidence that circumcision prevents or slows it."

In the same way, and particularly in a country like South Africa - still caught between modernity and the demands of ethnic identity - the debate around such cultural traditions should be opened."

in germany, there is 3 things that make u a man, and its a development:

u have to plant a tree
u have to make a baby
u have to build a house

and i think that makes a lot more sense ....

the ritual is surely painfull, yet as an old skater i know pain isnt always the worst to go through. i surely wouldnt wanna do it, but i wouldn't hold u back from doin it if u intend it solely on your own decision, BUT ....

. make sure to see a medical doc before and let him tell u the risks and how u can recognize infections at an early stage. make sure to bail out and go to a doc if anything goes wrong.

. i think u should cheat a little and get some pain killers from the doc before. also try to get some tissues with alcohol or some desinfectant product.

. make sure to get a sterile knife fot that!!! this is one of the big issues! have one with u, have one for a friend that also makes sure it will be done the safest way.

if u want to follow your traditions, then do it and try to push people around u to make a step forward and build some modern conciousness for this ritual and do it in a reasonable way.

neithertheless, i think going through all this trouble makes u more of a man than the circumcision itself ... i like the idea of preserving cultural traditions, but there is a lot of old weird religious traditions that just dont make any sense to me anymore ...[/quote]
ack in berlin >>>

the deejay is the screendesigner is the artist is the graphic a**istance is the audiovisual freedom fighter is the fish

www.jahfish.com

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
Ok since nobody else has touched on this...... :? erm pun intended? I will....Toyvo, you say youd never go out with a Xhosa who aint been cut right, but erm...I'd say you was goin out with him if you know whether he's been cut or not, unless you in the habit of makin cat drop trou before you agree to go out with him...nothing wrong with that mind, I imagine many guys would welcome that.  :twisted:  I'm just sayin I reckon if you are so caught up ina situation that you are now eye-level with a cats tackle you gon past the point of " I can't date you cos you a boy.." I reckon by then you are of the opinion that he's man enuff fo you...............

As to jah's bit on the whole cultural idea behind circumcision...from an Islamic view, I've got this to say...Islam is not  areligion, its a way of life and there is doctrine governing EVERY aspect of muslim life from law to hygiene and thats where the islamic rational comes from, because the foreskin is essentially just folds of skin, it provides myriad places for bacteria to proliferate....this was recognised by mullahs ansd so it was started as a measure to protect all the young mens todgers... you ight think "why not just wash" you talkin the middle east here man, water always has been the MOST valuable commodity. And they had good hygiene anyway, but just in case you were lazy, lets help our new born suns out....On a sexual side, modern medecine pojnts to how since you remove a coupla nerve endings, the guy has the potential to last longer... hey thats important to lotsa folks.
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.