Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Circumcision

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Any Xhosa men who haven´t and think will never get circumcised. How has your life been so far? How did your parents take it? Do you have Xhosa friends who got circumcised and how are they treating you?.

Man I just lost some friends through this shit. They chose not to hang with me because I´m not looking forward to doing that shit. They say they will be excommunicated from manhood if they hang with. What the f*** is that? I´m not too worried about that though.

I still do have Xhosa friends who got circumcised and they don´t have a problem with that, infact one of them told me that how you take the rules you are given during initiation is entirely on the individual.

I´m Xhosa too but I´m just worried that it might not be possible for me to marry a Xhosa woman if I don´t get circumcised.

Oh, I almost forgot to say the reason I don´t want to get circumcised.

1) I don´t believe going through extreme physical pain will turn me into a man.
2) Noboby is prepared to tell what goes on there and what you get tought so that I can know If need that kind of education or not.
3) I´m not prepared to risk my life for something which hasn´t impressed me as far as teaching people to behave like real men is concerned.

your comments will be appreciated.

Peace

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
I am Zulu..

but all i can say is this, the older generation know a lot more about you, where you come from and all.

The whole ritual as i am lead is not only about circumcition but about the time spent among the elders and them pa**ing information down to you, so making you a "man" not physically but mentaly..you can go and get circumcised at a hospital but that would make  you a "man" physically not mentally..

i am not one to impose my belifs on others..actually i am..but i suggest you find out more from guys who bin there before totally ruling it out.

8-)
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
You Jewish or rather was your religion Jewish?

sorry to a**ume..no offence intended

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
I respect the nguni initiation tradition but with all the unproffesional people running the schools and the amounts of juvinile deaths, I can say that I am happy that Inkosi uShaka abolished this practise in my Zulu culture.
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
"It should be a natural way of life,
Who am I or they to say to whom you pray ain´t right,
That´s who got you doin right and got you this far,
Whether you say ´in Jesus name´ or Hum do Allah,
Long as you know it´s a bein´ that´s supreme to you,
You let that show towards others in the things you do"
Common Sense
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Milkdaddy oh..

and fahfee yeah i am happy about the abolishment too

i look at hip hop as my own morpheus that pulled me out off the matrix
but it (hip hop ) showed me the door i walked the path myself and i think the reason why anyone in hip hop get the benefit of the doubt from me coz i belive they are bin they own person so if they wack that means thats just the person they is

8-)

thorax

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://
WHAT EVEN MAKES YOU THINK YOU DESERVE A DICK???

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
where have you bin bitch....

8-)

Anonymous

Thanx everyone for your replies.

Come on, surely there must be a circumcised  Xhosa male on this forum and I´d love to hear him say something.

Where i´m from[Gugulethu], I´m probably one of the very few who have been able to go against this custom not for realigious but for logical reasons. Some could not avoid it because of being physically forced to do so. I myself stands a change of going through that ordeal since I still stay in the township.

I don´t know mabe somebody can answer me on this questions.

1) Is it in our culture to force poeple to beleive in what the majority things it´s right for them?

2) Why is there no room for individual choices in african cultures?

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Quote:

20-02-2003 at 13:55, Anonymous wrote:
Thanx everyone for your replies.

Come on, surely there must be a circumcised  Xhosa male on this forum and I´d love to hear him say something.

Where i´m from[Gugulethu], I´m probably one of the very few who have been able to go against this custom not for realigious but for logical reasons. Some could not avoid it because of being physically forced to do so. I myself stands a change of going through that ordeal since I still stay in the township.

I don´t know mabe somebody can answer me on this questions.

1) Is it in our culture to force poeple to beleive in what the majority things it´s right for them?

2) Why is there no room for individual choices in african cultures?

oops forgot to login first

just wanted to let you know that this is my comment

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
I don´t think culture should be forced on anyone..BUT..i think if you shoudl know about your culture and what people in your culture belive and then only then can you choose weather you wanna follow it, knowledge / facts first before choosing..i don´t think as a Xhosa male you should not know about the curcumcision..i think you should know about it and then also have the right to choose if you wanna follow that or not..

my 2cents

I think maybe in your case bin from cape town and living amoung xhosa speaking people its very dificult for you to choose, in JHB in the township we have culture intergration where we see all 11(cultures) practiced and working together to form a new culture..in JHB it is probably much easier to be your own culture chooser than in say KwaZulu, Northwest,Cape Town and other single culture dominated places in South Africa.

I am Zulu from the Natal in the Rural areas and i have gone thru culture oppresion then upon my arrival to JHB i grew and culturaally and as an individual...briCK is and does as briCK sees fit..

Anonymous

speaking of zulu´s /xhosas etc did you ever hear that story about the zulu, sotho and xhosa guy?

and then they were told to each take a box to deliver it somewhere and were told not to open the box, anyway so the zulu man delivers, the sotho man delivers but the xhosa man is like, he eventually opens it up because he wants to just see what´s inside it.  and then what´s inside the box is a fly and it flies away.

well, sounds better when told in Xhosa

:-]  :-]  :-]  :-]  :-]  :-]  :-]  :-]  :-]

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
okay say it in Xhosa coz i do not get it

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Quote:

20-02-2003 at 15:20, Anonymous wrote:
speaking of zulu´s /xhosas etc did you ever hear that story about the zulu, sotho and xhosa guy?

and then they were told to each take a box to deliver it somewhere and were told not to open the box, anyway so the zulu man delivers, the sotho man delivers but the xhosa man is like, he eventually opens it up because he wants to just see what´s inside it.  and then what´s inside the box is a fly and it flies away.

well, sounds better when told in Xhosa

:-]  :-]  :-]  :-]  :-]  :-]  :-]  :-]  :-]

No, never heard of this and don´t get it either. Do you mind explaining it?

salcapone

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yworld.co.za
xhosas are really full of shit. this initiation crap they think that all non xhosas are amankwenkwe. f*** that in this day and age your manhood is measuerd by how much money u make not by how stupid you are. so sal capone f*** xhosas and ther initiation bullshit. :-Y  :-Y  :-Y  :-Y  :-Y
an die
 hoezit