microsofts new plot they not supporting 98 anymore

RuSh · 13 · 3126

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
Hanover - Users of the Windows 98 operating system should soon permanently disconnect their machines from the Internet.

"This reduces the risk that viruses will exploit security holes in the system," says Axel Vahldiek from the Hanover-based computer magazine c't.

Microsoft recently announced that July 11 will be the last day of support for Windows 98 and Windows Me.

Most significantly, no more new security updates will be offered from the company's home-page after that date. Computers being used for non-Internet related purposes are not threatened by this. For other computers, however, users should consider buying a newer machine that can support a more modern operating system. Old computers often fail to meet the minimum hardware requirements for newer operating systems.

There is no real alternative to Microsoft support, Vahldiek feels. "Microsoft has never released the source code for Windows 98. That's why no other provider can fill the gap," he says.

The software maker has also declined to reveal its internal estimates on numbers of users.

"But not all that many people are still using Windows 98," says Microsoft spokesperson Irene Nadler.

Most of the holdouts are companies that operate specific applications using the operating system. Only few private users have for whatever reason chosen not to move to the newer Windows XP.

A new Windows version called Vista is expected on the market next year. - Sapa-dpa
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

sunchild

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
:evil:  :evil: Knew it!!!! the coporate world wants to take over. I was negative towards XP and every thing that came after '98. XP is excellent for coporates cause microsoft know that is where there money is.'98 is user friendly with no complications when it comes to downloading at home.I would say '98 is freedom and XP is enslavement or the phase 1 of enslavement.Well!!!! nothing's gonna be free any more every thing is money these days. Don't you just hate it. :evil:  :evil:
.." It takes no courage to be normal , normal is where no heroes live." - B-boy Alien Nas(Flip side kings crew)

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
This is what I think of microsoft

:twisted:  :twisted:

That not good enough for ya?

RuSh

• AG Veteran
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
:evil:  :evil:  microsoft
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
Signed to Rawkus

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Come now ppl.........u know MS is all bout the dough, or is that doe as in John? :lol:

Anyways, I never been a fan of '98 though.Still think 95 and 2000 rocked it tight............though even I had to conform to the XP thang.Must say that XP Service Pack 1 is very nice.Dont switch to SP2.It seems to really be finnicky.

Maybe its time we all switched to Apple or Linux.I'm game..........just wish that more Windows programs came out in Linux too.Maybe we should force companies to conform to Linux. :D
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

“I’m not a star, and I don’t want to be a star. Stars fall. I’m an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Microsoft is like Nelly, Apple is like KRS1.

Nelly might sell more (and be cheaper to buy),,, but we all know which product is superior.

DJ_Nastie_Ed

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
And krs and apple are both deyified by their respective fanatic devotees.

D, does saying steven jobs out loud give you a stiffy?

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
I hear from TOP that D has glued a "portable personal intimacy sleeve" to his Mac and that on lonely nights he brings up his special desktop which is a saucy pick of Mr. Jobs and "defrags his HARDdrive"...  8O  :x  :wink:
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "syntactic"
I hear from TOP that D has glued a "portable personal intimacy sleeve" to his Mac and that on lonely nights he brings up his special desktop which is a saucy pick of Mr. Jobs and "defrags his HARDdrive"...  8O  :x  :wink:

a "PORTABLE PERSONAL INTIMACY SLEEVE"... your imagination is way too fertile, syn :)

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Struck a nerve did I? :wink:

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
What strikes fear into my very soul is that I seriously doubt that you would have shared such an "intimate" secret with TOP, which means he had to be watching  :!:   :x

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
i f***ing told TOP not to tell anyone about my damn PPIS!!!

RuSh

• AG Veteran
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
yeah we need some serious competition for microsoft where my man ma**dosage at?
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
Signed to Rawkus