Metro: Rhyme & Reason

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
From a ma** media point of view how does this radio show stand as a hip hop & RnB platform?

Props?

Crit?

Hate?

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com
I say props, especially da National Top10,just sumtimes the tracks are a lil dodgy, like yesterdays number1, that Cape Town nigga on that G-Unit tip, I ain't feelin dat
9 tha Pedigree

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
she aint fly
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
I think the gift and the curse is that the host has a lot of international links which is great as he brings big international acts to the SA fans BUT at the same time this becomes his exclusive focus.

How much SA content is actually spun? I'm willing to bet its less than 30%..

VirginPussy

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-2
    • View Profile
Rhyme and reason is the best thing ever to  happen to South African radio. it has just gotten better with the quality shit that local artists are bringing. So about the #1 dude from Cape Town...i think he is fire. After all he won the votes guys...so stop bitching and mourning...if you can do it better get on the mic or shut the f*** up.
 am hell behold!

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
I'm not feeling this. They tend to stick too much to the metro FM playlist. Well it's a commercial radio station so I guess that's understandable. But that means we hardly hear anything new. It's the same people over and over again. & there is too much favouristism. TBoz' buddies (e.g HHP)are always played and presented as "the greatest emcee in SA" .

Things like that led to me not listening to the show anymore.

When it started with Zak Dakile it exposed me to a whole lot of new cats I had no clue about. sometime last year it became hust another R'B and hip hop slot.  

I dont waste my time anymore.

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
yeah,,, i met pappa zee the other day,,, he's a cool dude on a mission. yeah, he's influenced by the 'g-unit sound' because he wants to make music the ma**es like,,, and for what it's worth, i think he does it well. they got their shit together - tight production, banging beats,,, you should hear him spit vernac too - he kills it,,, don't be suprised if you see him doing well (and you can hate him even more) ;)

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
cats,,, you gotta remember,,, this game is about PERSONALITIES not how well you can rhyme. I don't care what anyone thinks about HHP or Pappa Zee, they have big personalities and they can entertain a crowd. How many of your underground favourites can do that? think about it.

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Yo how do you get shit to Metro anyway, do you think that Touch checks his e-mail
9 tha Pedigree

Draztik

• Producer - CEO
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • Unreleased Records
I personally think Touch is doing his part in exposing local talent, being a radio personality on a commercial radio station is not so easy, been there before, there's also station politics that you gotta adhere to. For the must part most cats have a general good feeling about the show, thats important... every DJ's got his favorites, i've yet to see a DJ who dont. ANother thing not a lotta cats can be connected to The international market like he has, this is all hiphop, on the other hand we need to play side by side with international markets be competative. Many of us are closed to even hiphop across the border. We need to hear it for what is. But at the same time DO YOU and be proud of what we do. One thing you cant fault is when cats overseas support something they stick to it. eg, crank music.... anyways dont wanna go there,... just my thoughts.

D

the brand®

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-14
  • PAINT (25-03-11)
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/childakapoet
LUV THE CONCEPT
HATE THE END PRODUCT

DUDE IS NOT AN ARTIST
SO WHAT GIVES HIM THE WRITE TO BITCH TALK
EVERY WEEKENDYAPPIN BOUT THE SAME ISH...

RECORD SALES AND STILL KISSING PROKIDS a**

HELL YEAH MONEY GOT TO GET MADE
BUT THEN WHY WOULD U WANNA KILL THE ART?

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
Quote from: "childakapoet"
LUV THE CONCEPT
HATE THE END PRODUCT

DUDE IS NOT AN ARTIST
SO WHAT GIVES HIM THE WRITE TO BITCH TALK
EVERY WEEKENDYAPPIN BOUT THE SAME ISH...

RECORD SALES AND STILL KISSING PROKIDS a**

HELL YEAH MONEY GOT TO GET MADE
BUT THEN WHY WOULD U WANNA KILL THE ART?

I have got to agree with you the Touch Show is lacking alot, its normally the same stuff all the time and if you heard the first show you know what to expect for the rest of the month. As for the local exposure part  "its like throwing a pebble in the ocean and expecting a tidal wave" You hear so much of "this is Akon and this is 50 cent" that you maze as well buy the cd and listen to the intros and outros. Rather have the local cats there and change it every couple of months. I think the show need a fresh image if it expects to keep up with "The essence or The rap activity jam"

My 2 cents on the matter.
Explicit

Nthabi

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
Gotta admit that I like the concept trying to market local talent and stuff, but I think some things could be done differently. For example, on the national top 10, why not have local artists sending shout outs rather than international ones? It is afterall a local hour right :?
Also, I've never really heard Touch tell any one on the show that they aren't that great (It's always "the greatest moment in hip hop"), which I think is a bit dishonest coz not everyone who goes onto the show is that great. We need to be more honest without being rude. If a cat is whack, don't mislead him and give him props if you know in the back of your mind that you aint feeling him.
Just tell him the truth. It's for his own good.
Besides that, the show's not that bad hey :wink:
quot;It's your aptitude, not just your attitude that determines your ultimate altitude"- zig ziglar

http://www.myspace.com/mcnthabi

"OUT NOW!!

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Nthabi"
Gotta admit that I like the concept trying to market local talent and stuff, but I think some things could be done differently. For example, on the national top 10, why not have local artists sending shout outs rather than international ones? It is afterall a local hour right :?
Also, I've never really heard Touch tell any one on the show that they aren't that great (It's always "the greatest moment in hip hop"), which I think is a bit dishonest coz not everyone who goes onto the show is that great. We need to be more honest without being rude. If a cat is whack, don't mislead him and give him props if you know in the back of your mind that you aint feeling him.
Just tell him the truth. It's for his own good.
Besides that, the show's not that bad hey :wink:
Hell o Nthabi
I think you just said what i said but the only difference is that i said it first.