Africasgateway.com

doom is doomed in deed

sqew · 15 · 3910

sqew

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://waddyjones.com
fans of mf the super villan.... you love the music ....you love the style.... but the villan behind stories about gidorah, monster island,space ghost, megalon and so on has seriously crapy videos... its such a shame!! :cry:
its like.... Nas featuring on a mnike video (low budget style) :cry:  :cry:  

is there a logical explainatorium i can visit to dicover why he lacks in this deprtment?
who no know go know....

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-17
    • View Profile
...nas on a mnike video...

perfect.
- soul activist. poet. flower. fairy -

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-17
    • View Profile
thanks guy. i think i love you.
- soul activist. poet. flower. fairy -

morph

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
I think you have not learned the polotics of the business since when is having a good video supposed to make you an all round good artist?

one word: Bidget

Nomatter how good you are behind the nmic or as a complete artist not having enought budget can in a way hurt you so called "cred" with today MTV generation

yes i might be talking shit but pay attention to the new stuff on MTV no matter how corny or bad it is having a good video all of a sudden makes you an "accomplished artist..." what the fokk
wake up and stop falling into this new craze sweeping the world

I dont even know why i'm wasting ,my time replying to this

????
one :evil:
..Insanity is coasting throught life in a miserable existance when you have a key to a lion locked inside

morph

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Quote from: morph
I think you have not learned the polotics of the business since when is having a good video supposed to make you an all round good artist?

one word: Bidget

Nomatter how good you are behind the nmic or as a complete artist not having enought budget can in a way hurt you so called "cred" with today MTV generation

yes i might be talking shit but pay attention to the new stuff on MTV no matter how corny or bad it is having a good video all of a sudden makes you an "accomplished artist..." what the fokk
wake up and stop falling into this new craze sweeping the world

I dont even know why i'm wasting ,my time replying to this

????
one :evil:

Excuse my typo's  :? Damn cold in this Data centre :wink:
..Insanity is coasting throught life in a miserable existance when you have a key to a lion locked inside

sqew

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
man please what hype.... i dont follow MTV its a Ma** Transmission Vision programme. what hype is there on BET?
 any who, if you lack in a certain area get proper help.... tell me which of MF DOOMs videos hav u seen lately?

here's a scenario.....  take a local mc frm around the way, giv him a camcorder and send him off to the closest University to the visual arts section, hook  him up with a group of at least 5 students who have sum sort of art based knowledge/vision and within 1week you have a video concept.... dig-it >potential!

next get a street filled with people you dont know frm squat and use em like gum in a huuchies mouth..... they dont need to get paid, they wanna be in the video, where-ever its going... > opportunity!

get 1cat with a computer and find a programme that can cut and paste, chop and change....  once its on the hardrive, whats stopping you from doing what you want? (play it backwards, upside down, invert the colors, get a old granny to sing the young mc's verse, use apples and pineapples as the main characters)> experiment!

play and replay till you get what you want....> result!

what the f*&k else you want fool?    

im a big MF fan by the way.... peace means respect
who no know go know....

sqew

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
say  what you wanna say,  what love you talkin bout? not that i dig hate and haters! :evil:
who no know go know....

DJ_Nastie_Ed

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
yeah, creativity's the key.

Why r so many 'headz' trying to sound like the 'ideal' hiphop-head stereotype.

Break free, Hiphop was revolutionary when it started, a waterfall of new ideas and expression. now its a still-standing pond with shit floating on the surface.

C4

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote from: "DJ_Nastie_Ed"
Break free, Hiphop was revolutionary when it started, a waterfall of new ideas and expression. now its a still-standing pond with shit floating on the surface.

^^ Excellently put!

Industy's become more and more Audio-Visual lately, and the yung 'uns think it's gotta have a blueprint video 2 b hot.  :roll:
Whatever happened to the really creative video's, like (one of my favs) 'Drop' from Pharcyde?

It's f***in up the art i love so much, really. It's becoming increasingly difficult 4 me 2 appreciate 2day's sheep fodder that's playin on the idiot box.
Tha High Explocive

crus-ou

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
You cant put a price on creativity. Ok sure its always great to have a big budget but c'mon.

Think
it aint illegal yet!!!

BTW mnike was a very good looking video.  :oops:

Wether anyone likes to admit it or not we are audio visual creatures, if it doesn't look good or appeal to me visually. Forget it. which is not a good thing for one's credibility.

one of my fave videos is one of Jazzyfantasies, dont remeber which track but anyways, the whole video is just the 2 o them taking off their make up - it is BRILLIANT,
no Rent-a-crowd or stiff chicks and little ones on super growth formula doing the booty hop in budget satin rags.

I'm with DJ_Nastie_Ed on this one 'Break Free'.
k IS mos deurmekaar.....

morph

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Quote from: morph
l:

Excuse me but i think you missed my point  :roll:

Why do i even bother with you what's your name again  :!:

sqew

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
damit another politician in the wrong basket.  :evil:
 maybe you need to type slower, what is your point.
 coz all im saying is that Dooms videos are wack and for a guy whose    done collabos with cats like mos def and gorillaz (and the number of albums) he shud be able to do a tad better...

and as i was sayin which video of his have you seen mr prime minister (or whatever your political position your in)

its cats like you that turn a walk in the park into a run thru guerilla-infested-leech-filled-land-mine-scattered-swamps with draculas in the air!!!!  on bare foot :!:  :!:  

p.s  (pls take a 10min refreshment break from your seat, and add sum eye roll excersise before you anwer the above statement!)

remember im still smiling  :D
         ....your world is flat...... so how long you gonna be walking?
who no know go know....

morph

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Forget about

WHy are you obsessing about how videos look.

I have it on good instincts that you do pay attention to MTV for all I care

and what the f*** is  Ma** Transmission Vision programme anyway?? 8O
you clueless
that why u never pa**ed school

read the line clearly  :lol:

sqew

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
now i need to ignore you..... but wait you still havnt answered me, which of the videos have you seen coz you keep skipin that question like the polititian you are... and now what has school got to do with anything?

teacher says: answer the first question then turn over the page whan you done... :)
who no know go know....

morph

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Look I’ve seen a few and never really paid much attention to them, in any case if the song is tight i don’t need to see the video to validate the track’s content. my work and study schedule does not allow for a lot of TV. If I see a video that’s cool I’m no director and certainly never went to Film school but I’ll never criticize someone if they are not there to defend themselves.(forget that)

Does that answer your question?

You never answered mine!

Which was; “...since when is having a good video supposed to make you an all round good artist?

Hence my a**umption, that you pay too much attention to MTV.

Look you make a valid point that the videos suck but think about what I said the about the budget, who you choose for the video in terms of concept etc.

We have a different vision of art than they do. What you and I might have as an idea for a Doom video is certainly not the same as the next man in line in the States to do it.
Look around an tell me what was the last music video you saw from an independently signed artist that was up to scratch (note Independent)
And then you will see what I’m talking about. Our visual art or rather pictorial standards are worlds apart from theirs.

Now that is why you might see a "whack doom Video" as you said it.

That’s as far as my two cents worth opinion will pay attention to you

One

:arrow: