Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

IS THIS ISH ACCEPTABLE

neverthem

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
I came across an emcee a couple of days ago who said something that got my back up. He was able to get on a stage and use the word K*FFIR like its part of his daily vocab. Over and over this black boy said it without even flinching. Of course I understand that context is one of the most important things when one uses certain words...He wasn't rhyming about apartheid...or the struggle or anything that would allow for the use of the word. He used it to refer to himself and other black people.

The question is, how acceptable is using this word and do we accept being called K*ffirs from black people?

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
I think it is cmpletely unacceptable!

I have always had a problem with South Africanising Hip Hop, this is just another example of why!
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
The N word has already sunk in many of hip hop heads but the K word has sunked in to 1 or 2.That word  musnt be used.

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Maybe I'll get used to it when it gets used as much as the N word but it just doesn't sound right.

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
I cant be the only person who sees the f***in slippery slope we right on the edge of here.... I dont think we'll ever be ready to be using that word like it doesnt mean shit..... cyanide has existed for a while and that doesnt mean that time has made it not poisonous all of a sudden.... swallow it and it still kills you quick.
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

DAZ aka-Cyfa Lojik (PPL ON THE STREET)

• Daz.-aka-Cyfa.Lojikk
  • AG Extremist
    • View Profile
not fresh
hip hop is my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the lines and curl my back to reality-
the beat washes away from my soul the dust of everyday life-
Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent!

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com
fresh as f***, creative, the more we use it the quicker it ain't gone be a bad word no more aight
9 tha Pedigree

Nthabi

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
:?  :?  :?
UNCOOL!
quot;It's your aptitude, not just your attitude that determines your ultimate altitude"- zig ziglar

http://www.myspace.com/mcnthabi

"OUT NOW!!

kid Poop

• REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
HEY BAAS, dont call me k******....

sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never harm me

Deuce'sScoundral

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.knockknockfuckoff.com
is k****** a African word? I mean Americans don't know it exists right?
img]http://www.buddytv.com/articles/smallville/images/kristin-kreuk.jpg[/img]

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-4
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile
It's bastardization of an Arabic word (I stand to be corrected) originally meaning heathen or unbeliever of Islam.

Many whites out here took it to some other level (not just the spelling of it) entirely and used it as part of a greater system of total oppression of the black inhabitants of this land. So saying that shit here is like dropping the ultimate racial slur, bomb whatever.  It isn't just like calling someone an unbeliever.  It's loaded with visions and meaning and memory and frankly, the sooner we get rid of it the better.  That shit will never be cool, and to make it cool by saying it a lot I don't really agree with.  I can see why normalising it would help rid it of it's meaning but I do believe that some things from the past should be chucked out entirely.

My boy bought a house with a bondage hook in the main bedroom ceiling.  He ain't a prude and all but let's just say he bought the house from two men. He was like yeah I like the lighting but f*** if I'm accommodating a freakin suspension hook into my new identity, bedroom whatever.

It's a shit word and doesn't need to be kept alive.

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
Quote from: "French Toaster"
fresh as f***, creative, the more we use it the quicker it ain't gone be a bad word no more aight
Ya do you remember when you made an issue out of me using the word "Ni...." Now this shit is like a death wish. Soon we going to have a moment of silence for this cat using the k word. This shit is crazy
Explicit  8O

sp-tech

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Not right...shame on anyone who uses that word!!  :evil: