MURDER COMMERCIAL HIP HOP

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
1. Syn been out the game a minute, don't take his comments for anything.

2. Ootz tell em who taught you the game...

3. I like Ye's work I guess I be a tail following mofo for that I apologize to all you unnergrowd industrial site music bumping "real headz". Now move to the back so I can get my tail-following groupie a$$ to the front with the mad dime-pieces dying to catch Ye's glimpse...

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
I'm mos def gonna b there. Kanye is a f***in genius in my opinion, actually one of the last "real hip-hop" cats out there doing his thing.

I mean really, the man was taught how to make beats by No I.D. for f***s sake.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

DAZ aka-Cyfa Lojik (PPL ON THE STREET)

• Daz.-aka-Cyfa.Lojikk
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
f*** all that iether you dope or not under or above kanye got the beats f*** his  rhymes though i will have to give both sides of the coin a chance to create my own personal paradigm on hip hop cuz quite frankly I DONT GIVE A f*** WAT YOU ALL LIKE OR DISLIKE IT BOUT ME!!! and so it should be wit any one, if you feeling sum thing buy it if you dont f*** it but don waste your time trying to shift every other heads perspective to match your own. diversity in hip hop is what gives cats there different ideas on what is dope or not and build all the different influences that breed truley independent and original hip hop. now ima go outside smoke a blunt and ask my self why i even wasted my personal energy on cats that mos prob dont give a f*** bout my opinion!
hip hop is my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the lines and curl my back to reality-
the beat washes away from my soul the dust of everyday life-
Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent!

ootz

• DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE OH TEE ZEE
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-0
  • Ootz Tha Afronaut
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ootz85
Quote from: "Evil_Apothecary"
diversity in hip hop is what gives cats there different ideas on what is dope or not and build all the different influences that breed truley independent and original hip hop.

truth spoken :!:
XO.WITHTANK.COM

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "ootz"
Quote from: "Evil_Apothecary"
diversity in hip hop is what gives cats there different ideas on what is dope or not and build all the different influences that breed truley independent and original hip hop.

truth spoken :!:

co-sig that for real_

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
Kanye is one of those artists who make very good music but are not the best lyricists / emcees. But very clever artsist. Maybe I see a lot in him.  

I believe there is space for various forms of hip hop. In the states, different regions have different styles. So long as there are people you making the music for that's fine. However, I have to say I dont feel artists like Nelly, Ja Rule, 50 cent, the Game and a whole lot of crunk artists -I dont feel their beats, lyrics, style, personalities, etc. But I don't have a problem with their fans buying their suff. What I have a problem is the force feeding us of this garbage on radio stations & mainstream media. It would have been much better if there were diverse raido shows and radio stations that really gave a damn about other types of genres and sub genres ( sorta like KAYA fm & Y fm when they started out) then things would be better. I guess it exists in countries with a more deragulated broadcasting environment. Then I would move between various styles.  

If people could dance to, say AMU/ Hidden Force in party with women and then go home to listen to Kaptain/Tumi or whoever? But cats oare so dogmatic, this seems almost impossible.
I once made a compilation of local commercial songs to bump when I'm with non-hip hop heads, especially chicks. Something everyone could enjoy & still be hip hop. I was criticised by a lot of "REAL" / "CONSCIOUS" cats I know. But I still had a lot of "undeground" music & saw no contradiction in having a commercial CD I had CONSCIOUSLY compiled to be commercial.  But the same cats want to have fun like everyone else. Well, Maybe, not?

ootz

• DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE OH TEE ZEE
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-0
  • Ootz Tha Afronaut
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ootz85
the whole underground vs commercial argument is played out anyway but i kno wat u sayin merchant.my people fortunately learnt that u cant be puttin in work for 10/15 years with out reaping any benefits(f*** the love, show me the money nigga)cos what u put in is time (10 f***ing 15 years of your life) rapping, graffing, scratchin, uprocking, making beats watever it is u do.then u die!!!!!

f*** that, we all know without money, there is no f***ing........(put watever u want there or jus leave it at f***ing.....)! dunno bout happiness n shit but imma tell u straight, if had 15 mil in the bank, i wudnt be having this conversation.

MONEY IS TIME
I AINT WAISTIN MINES
XO.WITHTANK.COM

UNIDENTIFIED

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ziyawa.co.za
aight I hear you fellas then again I still MURDER commercial rap...

dont forget!!

BATTLEGROUND SESSIONS 16 JULY, THIS SUNDAY @ PROTEA NORTH PARK,PROTEA NORTH SOWETO,J6 WITH UNIDENTIFIED ON THE DECKS, BATTLES BY HOOLIGAN, SPLIFF, BLACK THERAPY & PERFORMANCES BY DEEP SOWETO, SYPHER NERDZ, BATTLECAMP, AND MANY MORE
 REPRESENT BATTLEGROUND

• Daz.-aka-Cyfa.Lojikk
  • AG Extremist
    • View Profile
"You still have much to learn now!"
hip hop is my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the lines and curl my back to reality-
Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent!

churchofthe latterdayLatte

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-4
    • View Profile
dont sleep on Kanyes quickness---that guy switches subject position as quick bush does law. which other commercial (whatever that is) cat can talk about up to  4 subjects in one sentence?

• Daz.-aka-Cyfa.Lojikk
  • AG Extremist
    • View Profile
can you give me a quote from kanye where he does such a thing?

Eshu

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
like when kanye talked bout the diomonds mines in sierre leone an then proceeded to have a bling video. no doubt the man produces fine beats, but at the end of the day, which is today: generation y- everything is sell an buy, so u cant take him serious as a lyricist cause he'll switch whatever subject is fashion at the time. I agree that tha whole undaground ting is stagnatin, but at the end of the day hip hops bout deconstruction, cut n paste an mutation- not photocopies.
he structuring principles of human language are innate

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Underground = niche = max ±1000 units sold = YOU AIN'T GONNA EAT

3000 BC

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Quote from: Evil_Apothecary
kanye got the beats f*** his  rhymes though... but don waste your time trying to shift every other heads perspective to match your own.

diversity in hip hop is what gives cats there different ideas on what is dope or not and

build all the different influences that breed truley independent and original hip hop...

WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!