Greatest Beat Ever..

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
I know this is crazy reaching & I may need Reed Richards-esque wingspan to pull this off BUT...

Is it possible that Return of the Crooklyn Dodgers is THE greatest beat EVER made to date?... I mean GREATER THAN Pete Rock's T.R.O.Y?...
I mean ya hear those Keys?..The Bell? The Cuts? FIYAH!

Thoughts? Detractions?..whats a better beat & WHY?...

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
Man I smell another circular cluster f*** comin on....
But hey in the spirit of foisting ones own opinion on others..... Tate you full of shit.... the greatest beat of all time is...........DJ Kool and Biz Markie "Let me clear my throat"!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
You GOT to be kidding me right? Let me CLear my Throat?!

The same beat that was almost ENTIRELY sampled from Lyn Collins's 1971 hit "Think (About It)"?

Come on Syn you can do better than that!

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
This is exactly my point Tate, what are your criterion for selecting the greatest beat of all time? this is a dependant on mood thing... you never said it cant be a sample heavy track...... some of the best beats ever were just taking huge slices of old records and placing them right.... think about what makes Primo's style... his strong point has always been how he chopped and placed his samples... he's never been big on a layered sound and keeps his beats quite sparse, with lots of space for emcees to shine and thats what makes him great.... 9th Wonder doesn't really do hugely interesting re-composition of his sample material, he just has a knack for chopping beautiful pa**ages out of other peoples material and then using very simple drums to allow that painstakingly selected sample the room to shine.... Pete Rock again is all the more lyrical in his arrangements with those sweet ba**lines and his delicate touch where samples are individual instruments rather than just 2bar loops....

There are just too many good producers out there doing vastly different stuff to ever mark just the one.... but I'm sure you'll find a few who agree with you... for me "Return of the Crooklyn Dodger's" is a cla**ic and very nice boom-bap beat, but f***, you talkin about the biggest canon of work in hip hop composition right there.......
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
Am I the only one who liked the original more than DJ Premier's version? haunting baseline, cla**ic boombap breaks. another reason I wont get tired of the 90's hiphop sound.

btw, 9th Wonder is making Crooklyn part 3 with Mos Def, Jean Grae and... Memphis Bleek. Its on his album/compilation.
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
TROY is the best beat ever ,case closed.

Return of the Crooklyn Dogders is nice, but nowhere near the best beat. Shit even, Smif-n-Wessun's Bucktown is better than Return.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
But the Keys..the bell..the horns..the cla**ic Preemo vocal chops?.. :o

Straight from Brooklyn better known as Crooklyn!

P.S. WHY oh WHY do they let Memphis Bleek keep rappin in the prescence of greatness. Really cat is just a b-list rapper. :evil:

DAZ aka-Cyfa Lojik (PPL ON THE STREET)

• Daz.-aka-Cyfa.Lojikk
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
cannibal ox - b-boy. alpha is my fav beat from an un educated perspective, i think elp done it..?
hip hop is my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the lines and curl my back to reality-
the beat washes away from my soul the dust of everyday life-
Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent!

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
In my humble... There is no way an El-P beat can EVER be mentioned in a greatest beat thread! Thats Sacreligous!

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile
Sensai_Tate wrote:

In my humble... There is no way an El-P beat can EVER be mentioned in a greatest beat thread! Thats Sacreligous!

Co-flow's "Fire in which u burn" produced By El-p is my favourite beat......What r the repercussions of mentioning an El-p beat in such a thread, am just curious? 8)

ootz

• DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE OH TEE ZEE
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-0
  • Ootz Tha Afronaut
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ootz85
Quote from: "Sensai_Tate"

tate, i beg to differ.the cats track record is jus as good as anybody else who was making beats then.of course not as much as cats like preemo or pete rock n rza n em but the dude has made A GREAT CONTRIBUTION TO HIPHOP as a music form n unfortunately he will be remembered for it.
XO.WITHTANK.COM

Deuce'sScoundral

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.knockknockfuckoff.com
can you guys like possibly upload the track so the less fortunate may also cast their lot?
img]http://www.buddytv.com/articles/smallville/images/kristin-kreuk.jpg[/img]

C4

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I aint even gonna try n say who made the best beat, I'm sho sum know-it-all gonna try n crucify me 4 failing 2 see that it was actually so and so who made the best beat, like what's wrong with me...

And El-P is the MF man, just badly underrated. I think he deserves a spot in the clouds. Often a bit unorthodox, but str8 sick, and versatile too. I digs "The F Word", "Night Work" with Sir Menelik, this guy is diseased.
Don't hate on Gr8ness juss coz it aint conducive 2 tate's  taste...
Tha High Explocive

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Fugg a El-P give me a soulful LP (thats Large Pro the mad Scientist for all ya new jacks fakin jacks).

Me I'm more a fan of that soulful melodic hip hop not that industrial grundgy progressive isht.

DAZ aka-Cyfa Lojik (PPL ON THE STREET)

• Daz.-aka-Cyfa.Lojikk
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
cold vein was mos prob my fav hip hop cd... along with a hundred others!
hip hop is my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the lines and curl my back to reality-
the beat washes away from my soul the dust of everyday life-
Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent!