Africasgateway.com

Pibull disses Dead Prez for being "Pro-Communist"

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Originally Posted by Pitbull on 103.5 WMGE "The Beat"

"I got peoples that suffered under him (Fidel Castro) and who risked their lives to get away from him and what he stands for, and they come here and have to see people like Mos Def wearing "Che Guevara" t-shirts on TV or have to listen to groups like Dead Prez supporting Castro and communism. Che Guevara was a murderer. Fidel Castro IS a murderer. These are the kind of people black militants idolize? All I know is they better not come to Miami talkin' that mess.

Interestin comment :idea:

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
All I know is Pitbull better not come to South Africa talkin' that mess.

;)

churchofthe latterdayLatte

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-4
    • View Profile
one mans terrorist...

people should stand accountable and should have to justify the things they stand for, especially artists, in a world where our belief systems increasingly have ramifications for people who are not even party to them. in that way, i'm totally with pitbull

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Let me see..

Josiah Tongogara
Steve Bantu Biko
Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela
Ernesto "Che" Guevara
Malcolm "X" Little
Heuy P Newton
Dr Kwame Nkurumah

WHat do all these names have in common?....

YUP ALL labelled terrorists/ murderers and prosecuted some even MURDERED for it!

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
i dont think steve biko murdered people ?? who ever is right or wrong they dont have any justification killing people
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile
Quote from: "RuSh"
i dont think steve biko murdered people ?? who ever is right or wrong they dont have any justification killing people

hate to use a cliche, but @ times "the end justifies the means".. can't think of a struggle against oppression anywhere in the world where those with control over coercive force just capitulated without the use/ threat of violence by those oppressed.

casualties of war are unfortunate, but necessary!
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Yeah,,, I think we must understand that 'murder' is 'unlawful killing'. However, in the case of an unjust system like Apartheid, killing for the purpose of a greater good elavates beyond 'murder'. Sometimes unjust laws must be broken.

I believe that the ANC did as much as they could using peaceful 'legal' means,,, but MK was needed to let the people in charge know that you ain't just gonna continue to roll over and take it.

It's a grey area, but that's life.

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dplanet
MK was needed to let the people in charge know that you ain't just gonna continue to roll over and take it.

on that mk note- they waged the most ineffectual armed struggle in the history of mankind
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: afterbirth
Quote from: Dplanet
MK was needed to let the people in charge know that you ain't just gonna continue to roll over and take it.

on that mk note- they waged the most ineffectual armed struggle in the history of mankind

How so?

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
think they killed a sum total of about 11 people in their 20+ year history... the a**ertion made by the anc these days that they overthrew the apartheid government are utterly false.

will send u the academic essay i did for sum course on the role of the mk in the demise of apartheid! as with most victors in history- the anc have rewritten it to suit their own purposes (which glorify the role of the mk)
--Plato

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
that's odd,,, because all i have to go on is personal accounts of ex-MK cadres who I know.

None of them have claimed to have single-handedly overthrown apartheid, but 11 dead, and totally ineffective,,, hmmm. not sure about that.

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile
Even though I understand where Pitbull is comming from with this.......
I'm sorry, he's too commercial. I'd rather listen to Mos Def and Dead prez
than Pitbull anyday.

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
one thing i learnt is alot of these so called concious cats just faking it to a large extent.i think i would have to give respect to someone like pitbull that loudmouths and talk alot of crap then say Dead Prez who totally just fakes alot of stuff take there tour to SA alot of peeps lost respect when they saw dudes drinking and stuff and lookin for woman while proclaiming this on record.And dont tell me its entertainment they potrait that life so they gotta "BE REAL"
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile
When reading Pitbull's comment, I understood him because he meant  that even though the people like Dead prez and probably Mos Def venerate Castro, they also should learn and see how he affected people negatively and through a Cuban American perspective, you can understand Pitbull.

It just that, this would probably be the first time I hear Pitbull say something that serious, being that he's a Pop MC.