Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Skwatta Overrated ?

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
On the real now, are Skwatta Kamp really as blazin as everyone claims they are ? I´m not trying to clamp down on any local cats, cuz i´m really happy that the industry is starting to take off (i can finally get on :-]  )  but are they really worthy of all the buzz they are getting right now ?

Personally i think they are a bit overrated. Niggas are treating them like gods.
With the exception of  Flabba and Shugga, i think most of their lyrics are a bit under-par, most of the time they don´t really say anything meaningful or entertaining to my ears, just peep out their Rau-Rau lyrics, or even worse that "Umoya" song. It´s a good song overall, but the lyrics are a bit doo-dooo. I think cats like Trinity, Optical Illusion, H2O and Cashless are much better than the Skwatta.

Come on now ,voice your opinion, and please don´t come in here and start acting like a  bitch (u don´t want it with me). Just lay down your thoughts ,AIIGGHHTTT !!!!

One,

[ This message was edited by: MrC on 31-10-2003 07:25 ]
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Just Dee

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/landmynz

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Flabba is nice, but the rest dont even make sense half the time. I was stoned the other night and I couldn´t stop laughing at the shit they talk.

Its like a bunch of drunk five year olds trying to spit game.

General In8

• luv God n hip hop
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +6/-6
    • View Profile
    • http://www.africasgateway.com
I kno dey don make hip hop per say they do sumthin in between rap and kwaito. They do it to please da fans i think, i dont regard dat as music and i support local acts but it aint rite wen wat everybody is listenin to deir shit and da real catz r bein igorned nahmean?
spread love in da music

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
^^ I´m feelin u right there Moly (seems like i´m doing that alot nowadays, hehe  :-] )

I liked their first album to some extend, but this new single is just an attempt to attract more fans, and i must say it´s working. I wanna support local MC´s just as much as the next man, but i won´t support wack muthaf***as just cos they on the radio and TV all the time.

Big ups to them and H2O for kinda opening up the market, but they need to shape up or shape out.Competition is coming !

One,
;-)
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Princesscribe

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://
You see the thing is cats are so hungry for some local shit that we´re willing to take whatever we´re given. Its like nowadays you get props just because you´re doing hip hop. Fair enough skwatta aren´t bad but I just wonder in a about two years when then real shit starts getting airplay if peeps will be so quick to give them props. On the flipside skwatta definetly opened up the market and now the bigtime execs will be more willing to put money into hip hop because they see the success of skwatta beause as tight as cashless and the rest are they won´t appeal to most people who aren´t into hip hop.
Nahmean?
One luv
ive, love and create

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
finaly! someone voices out, they´re defenetly lackin lyrically. Cashless Society´s beta (thats my opinion).. but i support both

SpogOne

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://
the fact is hiphop is slowly becoming incorporated in sa. that means pretty soon underground cats wont b recieving airplay at all because the payola system wud of already kicked into postion on the radio stations.

beacause jozi hiphop is still in its infancy, why dont we focus on releasing that crazy shit rather than making quik runs 4 groupies, now we dirty south so we gon bounce umoya hahuhahuha. thats not right at all, but f*** let them do they thing, @ least they gettin a** out of all o dis.

im jus gettin a headache from hearing the song everyday.
ne was blunted on arrival
focused on survival
so he embraced the retro
all tha bitches called him tribal
now they wanna read his palms
and study with him tha bible

Anonymous

i am sorry i think flabbas rhyme are shit and so are the rest their is only one emcee i have respect for and thats nemza he can battle and is a mad freestyla but the rest are shit - ok. and dont impress now that new opticle illusion album is off the hook we are coming along we juz need to give it sum time then ill be up there sellin records wit al u foos sayin ahh that DAZ cat is weak. so critisize but dont be jealous cuz if i catch foos talkin ish they gonna know for future reference that they dont want it.peace