Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

morph

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Quote from: "RuSh"
what yall think of the choice?

I think i'm gonna pa** if it was kabelo and his crew black jack then i would go but the price as well damn  :oops:  :x
..Insanity is coasting throught life in a miserable existance when you have a key to a lion locked inside

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
I guess until we have local hip hop artists who are as popular as kabelo, we can't really complain when he is booked to warm up for international acts.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Kabelo! is a good choice! Hes an established, artist and him & jigga share something in common," THEIR RBK SNEAKERS"

TeeZeR

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Rip_the_jacker"
...him & jigga share something in common," THEIR RBK SNEAKERS"

Plus he didn't get eliminated on the first stages on the Weakest Link  8)
He's smaaart to handle the warm up role... 8)

This post isn't supposed to here anyways... :oops: Motoring
JeaH-

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
In principal I'd say that's wrong.

But hey, I'ma a Bouga 2 Shoes fan, seen him live and he handles his business.

Jigga will be live afterwards anyway, I'd sit through Pixie Girls for that.

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-22
    • View Profile
This is bull man, there was a discussion on the essence, even though we all know it's more of a local demand thing, I think it should be all hip hop acts opening for hip hop concerts...

There's more than enough hip hop acts, if I had to organise off the top of my dome...

Proverb, Optical Ill, Prokid, Saudi Westerns, HHP, Zubz, Young Nations, Slikour (not Skatta lol), Amu, Mizchif, Tuks, and maybe to compliment Rihanna, some local R&B RJ Benjamin, (not Fanny Gay) Loyiso etc

Maybe in cape town you could even have Middle Finga, Ben Sharpa, Galatia etc that would be up to PpPpP Pioneer Unit ofcourse...

K'niep Tang

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-4
  • Wadata!
    • View Profile
hate to say it but i'm with dplanet on this one.it's common knowledge that people that 'support local hiphop' don't actualy buy albums - especially heads. it's not an uncommon thing for an audience to be lacking at hiphop shows as well - and that goes for unsigned/unknown cats as well as the established artists. so if we wna c our hiphop cats at the shows lets get them there. they're not gonna get there if we're gonna bootleg their albums and not pitch at their shows.

anyway, who else is on the supporting lineup?
I'm like a bunch of dynamite sticks - i'm bound to blow
www.myspace.com/tang1632
http://r-senic.blogspot.com

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Tang"
who else is on the supporting lineup?

Zwai and Kurt Darren  :roll:

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Dplanet"
I guess until we have local hip hop artists who are as popular as kabelo, we can't really complain when he is booked to warm up for international acts.

Point taken But,we might never expose our hip hop talent to bigger audiences if we just accept that hip hop artsists have to be a popular first. It's a fact that Kwaito & house music DJs will be more popular than local hip hop artists for a long long time. This does not mean they should not be opening for international starts(by the way I dont give a damn about most people who come down here). It's not as if people decide to go to a Jigga show based on who's opening for him. they come to see Jigga mainly, so giving an opportuity to an up&coming artist or group ? people in the same genre (Landmines, Mizchief, Skwatta, Cashless,Slikour, ProKid, Proverb, Opticall Ill / whoever) should not kill the promoters gate takings.   Plus there are many jiggy & popular hip hop groups right now.

Letting loose these kwaito acts on international artsists feeds into the belief that SA's version of hip hop is kwaito.  

In jazz, they do things differently. You get well-known international stars supported at times by unknown, but talented jazz stars. you even get unknown jazz artsists from abroad accompanying well-lknown jazz stars. If they are good SA audiences, dig them & they build their fan base. Next time they can tour on their own.

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Be sure to catch 'The Essence' tonight, they'll have someone from Big Concerts in studio, to talk about the matter, and a special musical guest (could it be jigga???)

Draztik

• Producer - CEO
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • Unreleased Records
Just to add my two cents... Big Concerts has decided that its not prepared to pay local artists to open up for Jigga.... i signed a petition for Young Nations along with all the Hiphop Cats including skwatta, prokid, proverb list goes...not to do anymore free shows for BIG CONCERT SHOWS, they are taking us for a ride, imagine what Jigga is getting paid.

Peace

D

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "Draztik"
Just to add my two cents... Big Concerts has decided that its not prepared to pay local artists to open up for Jigga.... i signed a petition for Young Nations along with all the Hiphop Cats including skwatta, prokid, proverb list goes...not to do anymore free shows for BIG CONCERT SHOWS, they are taking us for a ride, imagine what Jigga is getting paid.

Peace

D

yeah,,, i respect that. i've always believed that people don't value anything they get for free. besides that, it's totally unprofessional (of Big Concerts) not to pay artists.

Draztik

• Producer - CEO
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • Unreleased Records
You know DP,I think there should be a labour law against that. I know some countries you have to not only prove that you paid the taxes for the artists, but that you also show that you paid the local artists.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
the problem runs so deep,,, it's like saying that our local artists aren't good enough to perform with people like Jigga,,, and that Big Concerts are doing our artists a favour by even allowing them on the same stage. The truth is that although opening for an international act looks good on an artist's CV, until they get paid and respected as well, it doesn't count for much.

I guess it's not really Big Concerts' position to support local talent (they are just a business after all), but our artists do need to take a stand against being exploited.