Africasgateway.com

5 Mistakes

Dpleezy · 21 · 3418

Bondizzo

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • www.demcrackboys.com
lol you guys are fooling yourselves, we in the digital era now and ppl wont stop bootlegging music and south african hip hop will never sell enough to make it a proffession, house/kwaito/afro pop is where the money is at fullstop

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Those Texas South boys they dont play,they hustle hard,Slim Thug,Mike Jones,Paul Wall,Lil Keke etc

Back in Here in S.A,I remember last year 2005 here in Durban,Slikour b4  and after performing, he would push hes Ventilation album(why would he call album, a mixtape) and T-shirts to the crowds in 2 different shows.U gotta respect his hustle.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "Bondizzo"
lol you guys are fooling yourselves, we in the digital era now and ppl wont stop bootlegging music and south african hip hop will never sell enough to make it a proffession, house/kwaito/afro pop is where the money is at fullstop

i disagree. hip hop is still in its infancy in SA. As soon as we have more artists who rep their hoods we'll start selling,,, and yes, i'm talking about Spaza.

american clones will never sell in numbers, sorry.

kingdavid

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
  • Hello Hater
    • View Profile
    • www.soundclick.com/viavalehustleproductions
you see dplanet is talkin my kinda language.

see my patrner dj ronza has a  public container at his crib.
when we dropped the rusty 014 ep we solt it from his phones and also on the strrets. the truth is over here ppl dont go to flea markets to buy dvd's and cd's, but if you put posters at tuck shops,public phones and tarverns. get your local tarven dj to play one song or have your cd in the jukebox for a week if they still using that.eveytime there is ppl ovathere u play your songs on the jukebox you might attract a couple of customers 4 ya mixtape,album or ep.

never release an independent cd without a guerilla marketing strategy

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Quote from: "kingdavid"

IMAO  :lol: You wudnt say that if you never read or own the Guerilla marketing books.
Those books actually gave me direction.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "kingdavid"
you see dplanet is talkin my kinda language.

see my patrner dj ronza has a  public container at his crib.
when we dropped the rusty 014 ep we solt it from his phones and also on the strrets. the truth is over here ppl dont go to flea markets to buy dvd's and cd's, but if you put posters at tuck shops,public phones and tarverns. get your local tarven dj to play one song or have your cd in the jukebox for a week if they still using that.eveytime there is ppl ovathere u play your songs on the jukebox you might attract a couple of customers 4 ya mixtape,album or ep.

now that's what i'm talking about...

that's what hustle is all about. people keep thinking they need to be in musica or look & listen,,,, really they need to be thinking about reaching out to their fanbase in their own communities.

by all means, try to get your shit on the radio, but start with your community radio,,, do shows in the hood. give taxi drivers your cd. we need to get more creative with our promotions.