Africasgateway.com

Neil Tovey Fired @ Sundowns,Igesund New Coach

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
I knew that was coming. 8)

Former Mamelodi Sundowns co-coach Neil Tovey tells Kick Off that his relationship with ‘The Brazilians’ is over and there is no chance of him staying on at the club.

Speaking in an interview after being relieved of his duties at Sundowns, Tovey said that his future now longer lies with Patrice Motsepe’s club now that they have replaced him and Miguel Gamondi with Gordon Igesund.

“If you don’t accept that these things happen in football, then you are in the wrong game. I’m already looking for other options to move on with my career,” he added.

“You must also remember that Gordon was also without a job a few months ago, but he finally got it at Sundowns, so I am also confident that I will get a new job somewhere else as well.”

Despite his sudden departure from the Castle Premiership defending champions, the former Bafana Bafana skipper says he holds no grudges.

“It’s sad to leave in this way. I had thought we were still on track to defend our title, but some people had different ideas. However, I hold no grudges as this is part of the game.”

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
it was always going to happen lets face, end last yeat "Patrick" was always on tovey's case, he wanted a reason to fire him thats all. I want to see if sundowns are going to even manage to defend he league, Honestly for the past 4 years its always been a three horse race, "Pirates" Chiefs" and "Sundowns" it would be intresting to see if it is going to change this season.

Explicit