ootz · 25 · 7042

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
If anyone can "save" hip hop Na**ir can (I know I just put myself in the line of fire wit that statement..)

but just listen to this verse on Hi-Tek new sh*t:
Hi-Tek - Music is Life feat Nas; Commo; J Dilla; Busta Rhymes; Floetry

Quote from: "Dplanet"

Joel Ortiz is the shit though,,, must try and check out the others you mentioned.

hehe,,, yeah, feel you on the def jux thing. i won't be missing that :)

Agreed! DEATH to Def Jux Company FLow Science Nerd Raps (hope RJD2 don't try bring his usual B.S. electronica chaos to Nas's album)

Deuce'sScoundral

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.knockknockfuckoff.com
I thowt I'd take this oppurtunity since cats were shittin on RJD2 - Def Jux that the new cannibal ox album  is comin out next year....and pharoah monch new shit is comin out end of this yea, and he said his album is going to be the shit that changes the face of hip hop.
img]http://www.buddytv.com/articles/smallville/images/kristin-kreuk.jpg[/img]

ootz

• DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE OH TEE ZEE
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-0
  • Ootz Tha Afronaut
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ootz85
why is everyone hating on defjux

fine, some of the shit is wack as f***.but does it really help you to bad mouth another rappers hustle??

not everyone on defjux is hot jus like not everyone on defjam is hot. n the shit on the radio sucks as well.

jus like i feel nas lyrically is a god but most his beats suck as well.
XO.WITHTANK.COM

Povertyproperty

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-3
    • View Profile
Quote from: "ootz"
why is everyone hating on defjux

fine, some of the shit is wack as f***.but does it really help you to bad mouth another rappers hustle??

not everyone on defjux is hot jus like not everyone on defjam is hot. n the shit on the radio sucks as well.

jus like i feel nas lyrically is a god but most his beats suck as well.

Co-Signed..
Personally i like RJD2 's beats..all the  soul position albums, Magnificent City and some of his instrumental albums are dope.. i think he just trys out many styles at times..but his one my fav producers.

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Yeah, Papoose not bad.Dont think he's one the greatest lyricist though of his generation, but he does the job.Now Saigon.........he got the package.Like his vibe for sure.Him and Just Blaze gonna be a nice tag team.

But ya, this album looks promising........but looks can be deceiving.We'll see what happens.Hope coherence reigns supreme on the album cause doesnt help having tight producers and the vibe isnt there in terms of flow throughout.So we'll see.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

“I’m not a star, and I don’t want to be a star. Stars fall. I’m an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

eraze

• Capture...
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-11
  • www.ethankaed.com
    • View Profile
    • this is hiphop
rjd2 IS SICK.... MY FAV BEAT IS JUNE, OFF THA COP ALBUM....AND THEM BEAT ON THE JAKKI JOINT

Sduhla

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-2
    • View Profile
" Rappers like me and Papoose come along once in every decade, and when u don't have the machine to do em justice, u leave em alone" That  was G Rap on HHG, when asked why he did not push Papoose after he featured him along wit Jinx on his project years ago. " I'm not really into featurin on mixtapes, but Papoose is a monster". Nas on HOT 97, when Agie Martines was askin him about his verse on Papoose' Legion track. "Papoose is a f***en monster, and perhaps one of the most significant lyricist of our generation", Joel Ortiz on his Journal on HHG. I like Saigon, but he aint seein Trigger Happy Pappy ON ANY LEVEL. Not on work ethic, Papoose has 16 album soundin mixtapes compared to Saigon's 3 and Joel Ortiz' 5, Pap can rhyme just about anythin under the sky,he's witty, crazy wordplay, metaphores, and punchlines. The only concession that I'll make is that both Sai and Joel have more digestable voices where as Papoose sounds too raw. Wut  can I say, I like the dude. As for Def Jux, again RIP.... and if that makes me a hater, so be it!

Sduhla

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-2
    • View Profile
.... And before I forget, wut type of filthy thoughts were u thinkin about me Blackrose. If u fly as ur name suggessts don't be shy to share em, I'd  also like to start thinkin about u. Holla

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
i was thinking about Papoose last night,,,

he's got a rawness and 'street anger'/pa**ion that comes through, but i'm yet to understand why people think he's such a gifted lyricist.

strictly in terms of content, metaphor and rhyme structure i think Konfab is way superior lyricist. I know papoose got ill attitude and rawness, but i guess it begs the question, what makes a rapper an exceptional lyricist?

we all know this isn't cla**ical poetry. for example, some of Prodigy's rhymes would be considered ignorant by an english professor, but to me the way he spits slang is art.

anyway,,,

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
why yall jaking the thread? This about N-A-S.

Like I was saying dude's verse on Music is for life got me confident he can still bring it. WHo wan test?