Dpleezy · 15 · 4172

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Introducing Virgin Urban South Africa…

On 24th January 2006, Virgin Records USA announced the appointment of Grammy Award Winning Hitmaker (Songwriter, Producer, Artist & Label Boss) – Jermaine Dupri – as President of Virgin Records Urban Music.

Since then, the label has steadily built up an artist roster to be reckoned with, achieved numerous Top 10 Hits on the Billboard Hot 100 Charts, such as Dem Franchize Boyz, Janet Jackson, Ice Cube… amongst others.

Seeing the enormous potential of this brand for the South African Market, EMI South Africa set up sub-label within their International Marketing Department called “Virgin Urban”, a label that boasts the hottest “new music from the street” with notable Superstar Artists (Janet Jackson, Pharrell, Beenie Man), and a number of up and coming stars (such as Johnta Austin, Cherish, Letoya).

The label was set up to give 110% focus to Urban Music, and to turn EMI South Africa into the label of choice when it comes to Urban Music.

Virgin Urban South Africa is headed up by Label Manager Kevin Mdubeki, under the guidance and support of Kevin Grenfell (International Marketing Manager) and Pino Di Benedetto (International Marketing Director).

The future of the label is to develop a healthy roster of local “urban” (Hip  Hop / R&B) artists who will be worked on the same platform, and utilize the same Marketing and A&R resources as their international counterparts.

Virgin Urban… New Music from the Street!!!

www.virginurban.co.za – coming soon……….

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-4
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile

Danone

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
yup...they've already got a couple (known) artists on lined up to be on their roster, although some not official yet! I know Skwatta Kamp is on. I got a promo copy of their new single yesterday n peeped d Virgin Urban music logo on it.
quot;A HUNGRY NIGGA WILL EAT ANYTHING YOU FEED HIM, A BROKE NIGGA WILL BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU f***'N TELL HIM, AND A RICH NIGGA WILL BUY ANYTHIHG YOU f***'N SELL HIM" - JAY JENKINS

www.myspace.com/danonemusik

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Good news! Distribution and TV & radio promotion for Local artists & their albums.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
yeah,,, i think it can only be good news. I know there will be a few artists on there that heads won't like, but it's a sign that things are moving forward and the industry is growing.

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-22
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Danone"
yup...they've already got a couple (known) artists on lined up to be on their roster, although some not official yet! I know Skwatta Kamp is on. I got a promo copy of their new single yesterday n peeped d Virgin Urban music logo on it.

Post that ish lol...

kingdavid

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
  • Hello Hater
    • View Profile
    • www.soundclick.com/viavalehustleproductions

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
I know Skwatta Kamp is on. I got a promo copy of their new single

Is it me or does it sound like Will Smith's 'Switch?????????'

Danny K will probably be the first r&b cat on the label, but I'd rather sign RJ Benamin for that real heat and talent...

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Quote from: "Darklight"
I know Skwatta Kamp is on. I got a promo copy of their new single

Is it me or does it sound like Will Smith's 'Switch?????????'

Danny K will probably be the first r&b cat on the label, but I'd rather sign RJ Benamin for that real heat and talent...

Yeah, RJ must move from Ghetto Ruff.He need madd exposure.Great artist.Kinda Thicke-ish.Btw, I need to speak to Danny K some time, if I can a moment..........think he gotta go back to his initiall image.Suited him well and garnered many fans.Plus, think he could do with working with a producer I know.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

“I’m not a star, and I don’t want to be a star. Stars fall. I’m an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

RuSh

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +1/-0
  • beware of the lioness
    • View Profile
    • www.rushay.org
as much as we think this is great it just means buying into more cultures globally by big western conglomorete's.lets face it south africa has become a important base for them to spread it futher into africa
live on the lunch table
Touched fables
Ducked labels
cafeter one heat em live for the terrordome stables
Signed to Rawkus
I'd rather be mouth f***ed by Nazis unconscious

GwaZa

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Quote from: "RuSh"
as much as we think this is great it just means buying into more cultures globally by big western conglomorete's.lets face it south africa has become a important base for them to spread it futher into africa

cosign that  :!:
quot;Ayo I'm out the cage and its two-thousand-and-wave"

minwana mithathu
-----------------------------------------------------

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote from: "MaddStone"
Kinda Thicke-ish.

8)

Maddstone you must have good connections to chat to Danny K...?

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Quote from: "Darklight"
Quote from: "MaddStone"
Kinda Thicke-ish.

8)

Maddstone you must have good connections to chat to Danny K...?

:lol: Not actually.But I know a bud of mine's mum is well aquainted with DK's mom.Perhaps via that route I could get to talk 2 him and see whats cooking.He's got potential to really go further than where he is now....I think. :wink:
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

“I’m not a star, and I don’t want to be a star. Stars fall. I’m an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
That's cool, and the producer you talking bout, is he well known???