Rotten Apple - Lloyd Banks

Dpleezy · 12 · 2057

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Just quickly went through the Lloyd Banks album...

Not a big fan of his - he lacks 50s charisma,,, nothing jumped out at me apart from this line from Yayo (on a nice beat):

"Baking soda in your work,,, they gon buy it? Nope!
Cause them fiends gettin' tired of that diet coke..."

on first listen: 4/10

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Man! 4th time i listened 2 this album.
He was the last man @ the unit anticipated to put them back on the map in 2006.
It is not good @ all.G-unit is goin down
5/10 ratings

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Dplanet"

"Baking soda in your work,,, they gon buy it? Nope!
Cause them fiends gettin' tired of that diet coke..."

8)  :lol:

PLAYBOY 2 IS A BANGER THOUGH 8)
same level as WORK MAGIC

eraze

• Capture...
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-11
  • www.ethankaed.com
    • View Profile
    • this is hiphop

Deuce'sScoundral

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.knockknockfuckoff.com
im sick of this gay unit and game shit... stop makin threads an shit...

~peace
img]http://www.buddytv.com/articles/smallville/images/kristin-kreuk.jpg[/img]

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-22
    • View Profile
I thought Banks would really comeback hard with his second LP but to me, he just made the apple more rotten with this shitty album, infact G-Unit is reminding me alot of Master P and No Limit back in the day, they are falling and HARD!!!

This album really sucked, the first 3 beats on the album sound boring and monotonous...

Only good tracks is Cake and Hands Up...

2/10

Only Hot Rod can save the Unit now...

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Darklight"

Only Hot Rod can save the Unit now...

:roll:  :wink:
nah!

only fif can ressurrect the unit Camp

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Rip_the_jacker"
only fif can ressurrect the unit Camp

Nah fiddy was the one that started this 'ma**acre' and he will be the one to end it... :wink:

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
I havent heard this one at all.Anyways, just heard 2 tracks from it.First one was "My House" done by Timbo.Not a bad beat, but doesnt suit Banks, I feel.Usually the prob is that u so much want a beat cause its truly luvly, but it doesnt suit ur style.Such is the case with this single.

One track I like is the 9th WOnder produced one called "One night stand".Simple beat, but its the sample that does it for me.And it works with Banks cause its reminiscent of that nice beat of Karma from his previous album.Nice vibe.Hope this gets released as a single.Might help him a little.Anyways, that Hot Rod guy comes off pretty nice with his flow.Heard him on an LL track from the Todd Smith album.He might be able to work something for the Unit.We'll see.

But u know..........too much beef turns people off and they end up going vegan.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

“I’m not a star, and I don’t want to be a star. Stars fall. I’m an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Just heard from a friend oveseas,said Banks just did 160k sales in 2 days.
Its crazy! son!

Therise

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Ya all dreamin if you think tha album is wack., It's prolly one of the best sht from banks, dude is crazy wit punchlinez and meta4s, heard tha album like 2dayz back he's on some other level!!

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
'In 2004, G-Unit soldier Lloyd Banks' debut disc, The Hunger for More, opened at #1 on Billboard's albums sales chart, with week-one sales topping 433,000, and Hunger ended up spending a second-straight week at #1, selling close to 164,000 units.

Of course, Banks would have liked to have seen the same results for his sophomore LP, Rotten Apple — an album that features a slew of special guests, including G-Unit a**ociates Tony Yayo and Young Buck, Rakim, Scarface, Mobb Deep, and, on three cuts, 50 Cent.

But with first-week sales totaling close to 143,000, Banks fell more than 40,000 albums short of a chart-topping repeat, and will have to settle instead for the chart's #3 position. Because this week, the #1 slot belongs to Rod Stewart's Still the Same ... Great Rock Cla**ics of Our Time. Rowdy Rod's new one sold to the tune of more than 184,000 its first week in record stores, which was more than enough for Billboard's title belt.

According to the latest SoundScan figures released Wednesday morning (October 18), a second-place finish wasn't even in the cards for Mr. Banks. That's because with more than 164,000 additional copies of The Open Door being carried away from retail outlets last week, Evanescence — who occupied the chart's #1 spot last week, with 447,000 in week-one scans — are sitting pretty at #2, having suffered the typical and expected second-week sales slump: a 63 percent drop.'

In the 'music world' it's actually a flop, sorry therise...