Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Hype No.1 Unsigned MC-Morale-What?

Vexer · 135 · 32224

Vexer

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
I think the first issue was excellent.My only problem was the props given to that Morale cat.

C'mon now.Did that dude deserve TWO tracks.I mean to me he's just an example of what listening to too much Jay-Z can do to an MC.Especially where your life doesn't even remotely match to his.

I just don't get his lyrics.They just don't sound believable to me.Its like he's living mad baller fantasies or something.

Rhamncwa and Jitzvinger can clearly destroy that dude lyrically, poetically or whatever.

I just don't understand the criteria used to give that dude so much props as an MC.

As a man I don't know him and have no reason to diss him, but as an MC I think homeboy really sucks.What baffles me even further is that he was given the top spot on the unsigned MCs ranking??

Is Morale really the future of S.A. Hip Hop?Are we gonna hold Morale up to other people as our representative?Seriously now. Would people respect that and our culture and what we're trying to do with this local Hip-Hop thing.

I don't think street cats or the average joe would feel that Morale style.I mean who would seriously believe what that dude is saying?

Maybe I'm just hating or am I missing something.If I am, please educate me?
I stay chiseled

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
I still haven't copped the mag yet,,, who else was in the list of unsigned MCs?

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
Firstly you are not talking from a hip-hop side of things, to me you sound like a just plain hater. Before you start throwing your loose change opinion why not get your facts straight! Did you get his mixtape? Well if you did and still believe there is a problem, then it means that that music is not meant for you!

I know Morale and how he rolls and trust me we an't trippin about nothing, I am hoping for your sake you rap to be throwing so much weight around, do you have a track out? Radio airplay? Rap activity jam? have you done any of those things?

You quick to judge cats out there but the fact that he dont sound like anyone in the industry you find him wack! Dude lets drop opinions that are worth while and not petty hate talk.

Explicit

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Dplanet"

1.Morale
2. Hakeem
5.Reason I dontremember all of them but this is about it

Explicit

Ghetto Rat

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
  • "This world is mine for the taking"
    • View Profile
Im gonna speak my opinion on Morale as a rapper, from d tracks i heard in d Esssence :
1. He sounds quite American, therefore
2. NOT real

But its good music.
So i fuuly agree with Vexer(above).
y thoughts stay down-to-earth like a vicious alligator's six-pack! - Golden Shovel

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "explicit"
You quick to judge cats out there but the fact that he dont sound like anyone in the industry you find him wack! Dude lets drop opinions that are worth while and not petty hate talk.

Explicit

y0 E,,, let's not jump down each other throats. Everyone has a right to their opinion (even if we don't like it).

It's ok to question an MC's ability. It didn't come across as hate to me,,, vexer gives reasons why he doesn't feel morale. He also asks to be educated if he is missing something.

Let's keep things constructive!

peace_

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile

Morale
Hakeem
Maggz
Obita
Reason
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
if KONFAB ain't on that list, then that list if waaaaaay out :)

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
if KONFAB ain't on that list, then that list if waaaaaay out :)

Exactly how i feel.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
actually, same goes for ben sharpa (although i guess he is technically signed to himself on groundworx/ pioneerunit)

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Plus i thought Reason was signed to BattleKat's label.

http://www.africasgateway.com/article1645.html

Can anyone shed more light ? Nthabi, somebody ?

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
if KONFAB ain't on that list, then that list if waaaaaay out

true, he puts in work.

ps - can anybody upload an obita track as an attachment by any chance.
appreciated.

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "explicit"
Firstly you are not talking from a hip-hop side of things, to me you sound like a just plain hater. Before you start throwing your loose change opinion why not get your facts straight! Did you get his mixtape? Well if you did and still believe there is a problem, then it means that that music is not meant for you!

I know Morale and how he rolls and trust me we an't trippin about nothing, I am hoping for your sake you rap to be throwing so much weight around, do you have a track out? Radio airplay? Rap activity jam? have you done any of those things?

Explicit

dude no need to get your knickers in a knot...

what Vexer stated sound NOTHING like hating he raises a serious concern with the state of Hip Hop .. I too know Moral since Zodiac Sunz days so I  know dude...truth is he sounds exactly how he sounds him being number 1 obviously raises many concerns BUT remmber Mizi himself said this is the "Money Issue" and Morale and his style of rap fits perfectly and as someone has said he sounds like JZ..well Jz is on the cover..has a whole article and is in the country...connect the dots!
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Okey Okey We can all have opinions but why not first get the album and then judge!  Anyway I think hype will be doing this unsigned top 5 every month im hoping, but Reason is signed to Beats aginst the Beast.

Explicit

T

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Vexer name me ur top 5 unsigned?&tell me what criteria did u use to pick them?when was the last time u bought urself a local cd?and if u didnt y not?