Africasgateway.com

Hype No.1 Unsigned MC-Morale-What?

Vexer · 135 · 32219

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
lol @ this thread. i think the mods should lock it and open it every year on april 1st! that way when you give you own opinion, the person on the recieving end can take it as a joke, and everybody will be happy!
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

kinetik

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Sduhla"
U cats kill urselves everytime u try to be clever.
:? that's what you just did in this post.

alfa...omega

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
First and for most Hype did a good job, Mizi in my eyes is brilliant and is channeling the SA hip hop industry in the right direction. Hip hop has always been saturated into different art forms. Dirty south, west coast, east coast or even call it Rap vs. Hip hop.  Not forgetting commercial vs. underground. Rap music has always been a medium of self expression. What’s currently happening in the SA hip hop scene is tear drippings for a modern mc. Audiences (mostly bootleggers) and radio stations are imposing criterions that stunt our growth as an international force.

Lets be honest, vernac rap will forever remain local. As for English raps there is a worldwide audience that’s willing to listen. I mean look at what Tumi is doing in Canada.
SA rap needs an international voice…whether it be Explicit, Morale, Proverb what ever.  

I woke up this morning and I tuned into Yfm. Guess what!  All their DJs have some sort of an accent whether it be American or what ever. I personally could not distinguish if its South African, except for Sunza and AK. Since Sophia town black South Africans have always been influenced by afro American culture. I mean I grew up listening to David Ruffin, Marvin and soul to soul. Hate it or embrace it our own media is Americanized.
When you hear cats like Morale you could only sense a buy product or a mirror image of us.

I don’t know Morale on a personal level but I respect his endeavor. I have his mixtape and I think its an international cla**ic. Best Endz unfortunately does remind me of jigga (wishing on a star).
The one track on hype is okey with Sean Page. If you have heard Morale’s mixtape then you would know that was a lame attempt. I mean this is Jo’ burg people we live in the fast lane, we can’t function without money and when we have it we blow it on fast cars and hoes. Just like biggie and 2 pac, Morale does that lifestyle justice. He is the future just as many others.

Vexer is just bitter that his Cape townian slouches didn’t make it on the top five. Cape town has its own rap awards and Gauteng mcees never get invited. We don’t complain about that. Please man these dudes want some underground grave digger slouches to run the show. F that. Clearly there’s some differences between Jo’burg and C town. We are not going to run this rap game on your 1994 criteria. Even if it means starting a war between Gauteng and Cape town.
ET THE TRUTH BE TOLD.

T

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Wow that was on point! dats wat i was trying to tell cats the whole time.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Quote from: "alfa...omega"
"...Hip hop has always been saturated into different art forms. Dirty south, west coast, east coast or even call it Rap vs. Hip hop.  Not forgetting commercial vs. underground. Rap music has always been a medium of self expression..."

..."When you hear cats like Morale you could only sense a buy product or a mirror image of us."...

..."I don’t know Morale on a personal level but I respect his endeavor. I have his mixtape and I think its an international cla**ic."

"...I mean this is Jo’ burg people we live in the fast lane, we can’t function without money and when we have it we blow it on fast cars and hoes. Just like biggie and 2 pac, Morale does that lifestyle justice. He is the future just as many others."...

"....Vexer is just bitter that his Cape townian slouches didn’t make it on the top five. Cape town has its own rap awards and Gauteng mcees never get invited. We don’t complain about that. Please man these dudes want some underground grave digger slouches to run the show. F that. Clearly there’s some differences between Jo’burg and C town. We are not going to run this rap game on your 1994 criteria. Even if it means starting a war between Gauteng and Cape town."...

OMG & on my birthday no less?... nothing can break me down tonight!

Ghetto Rat

• AG Hustler
  • "This world is mine for the taking"
    • View Profile
@ bashin :
Where did u hear Raketi at?
Have u got any of his track(s)? if yes up 'em plz.

I saw him on Shiz Niz @ d beginning of this year, he dropped some ill vernac punchlines. Im sure PROkid wud also b amazed at RAketi's similes!
y thoughts stay down-to-earth like a vicious alligator's six-pack! - Golden Shovel

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
Yo lets all move on now Morale shower you cats the myspace link so I think its the minority that hates on Morale.

Explicit

Ghetto Rat

• AG Hustler
  • "This world is mine for the taking"
    • View Profile
Quote from: "**MORALE**"
'DO YOU FOOLS LISTEN TO MUSIC OR DO YOU JUST SKIM THROUGH IT?'

To conclude this topic/argument:
'...MOST OF D SHIT YOLL ROCK TO I CAN'T RELATE TO/ IF I DON'T LIKE IT, I DON'T LIKE IT- IT DOESN'T MEAN THAT I HATE IT!' - Common
y thoughts stay down-to-earth like a vicious alligator's six-pack! - Golden Shovel

rhymetodie

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Quote from: "explicit"
Firstly you are not talking from a hip-hop side of things, to me you sound like a just plain hater. Before you start throwing your loose change opinion why not get your facts straight! Did you get his mixtape? Well if you did and still believe there is a problem, then it means that that music is not meant for you!

I know Morale and how he rolls and trust me we an't trippin about nothing, I am hoping for your sake you rap to be throwing so much weight around, do you have a track out? Radio airplay? Rap activity jam? have you done any of those things?

You quick to judge cats out there but the fact that he dont sound like anyone in the industry you find him wack! Dude lets drop opinions that are worth while and not petty hate talk.

Explicit

Explicit do u rap like tht guy morale???....If you are then i wouldn't buy ya staff bt if you don't then cool........I personaly think he's wack(As an MC)

Ghetto Rat wrote

My Top 5 unsigned:

Raketi...an MC from Durban, was in ShizNiz this year.

Shon G...An MC from my hood, done blew up in KZN.

Nkanyiso... Another cat from KwaZulu.

Styles... gotta like his flow, PMB stand up!

Maggz... is not consistent but most of his stuff i heard on d Essence z ill.

N i still think Morale sounds American.

Thts not nice^^^
u]"Nas is lyin when he says hip hop is dead, he's jst gettin old"[/u]
" Jay-Z is president so he's album is for russell simmons and LA Reid"

Now who do you listen to?

GIO VAHK

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/gio_vahk187/Kriminele_Pedigree.html
Who's Morale?

:)

yo explicit - id like to hear some of yo tracks dog
Is there a forum somewhere on AG where I can find a track or can I ask you to please put one up for me man

I agree on the facts shit - mothaf***az nowadays spread stories 'n shit and make statements (but they have no fact foundation to place these statements on) SO f*** EM ALL.  Even if you have all the facts too it doesnt mean you have to be a bitch and try bringin dogs down with wild statements and stuff...
whats my point again?
--Stuur 'n track my broe man, explicit --  :wink:
very1 is entitled 2 my opinion
People=shit
GioVahk 4 Loreen
e=mcGio
http://www.geocities.com/gio_vahk187/Kriminele_Pedigree.html
www.facultyofhiphop.org.za

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: rhymetodie

Explicit do u rap like tht guy morale???....If you are then i wouldn't buy ya staff bt if you don't then cool........I personaly think he's wack(As an MC)

I swear do you cats even look at the different forums at AG? What if I rhyme like Morale,So what? Rhymetodie if I feature Morale then you will not buy my stuff? Cool, you got to understand I am not here to impress 1 battlecat, I intend my music to be bigger than that! There will always be haters and those who love my music, So I will work with who I want and Rap how I want. The big market for hip-hop is not you dudes!, its the Ladies that buy the music! Why you think Skwatta is selling?

Explicit
My track is uploaded check out the "Mind control featuring explicit.

alfa...omega

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
@ RHYMETODIE

I just left a comment on your weak a** forum.

What you just posted is utter rubbish. Explicit is way bigger then your minute minority. He needn’t attempt pleasing your rookie preferences. By the looks of things you haven’t listened to Morale’s mixtape and you know nothing of his music. It’s clear that you are not willing to be educated. We don’t need poor excuses like you. Now moving forward the truth shall be told and shit flies(like Rhymetodie) will be doomed. Explicit keep it up man….you are among the chosen ones to represent SA rap worldwide…..peace.
ET THE TRUTH BE TOLD.

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
I honestly rest my case!

As for Ryhmewhatfor? Grow up!
Look for thins forum and hear my track!
Mind control Joint f...
Explicit

T

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
'THE OPPOSITION IS NOT KWAITO,HOUSE,RECORD LABELS OR ROCK n ROLL,THE OPPOSITION IS OUR SELF' SLIK FROM SKWATTA KAMP.

IF ITS GOOD SUPPORT IT....BUY LOCAL MUSIC...

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "T"
IF ITS GOOD SUPPORT IT....BUY LOCAL MUSIC...

Don't you mean, 'if you like it, support it'?

'Good' is a subjective value judgement - which is exactly what this whole thread is all about.