Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Borat Mania!!!

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile
I know some of y'all are familliar with Sacha Baren Cohnen's Ali G character (along with Borat and Bruno). The movie just came here in the
US!!!   I was wondering...... have any of you seen any of SBC's skeches?

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile
dude's legendary... can't wait for his movie on kazakhstan to open @ cinemas here! :lol:
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
I been waiting for this one for 3 years now.Its been speculation for some time and finally early this year it was official.This is his best character out of the lot.I mean, man, this character is so awkward and madd funny.

Btw, heard the Ali G movie never got to the US.If u havent seen it yet, get urself a copy via the net or something.Purchase it.Its worth it.Borat makes a cameo in there.Funny scene too.

Borat movie hits US now and we getting it probably soon as well.Cant wait.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
yeah its opening on the 17th.
Also check him out in talladega nights with Will Ferrel.
 Dude is getiinng paid this year.

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Naturelle"
Will Ferrel.

i find this cat quite humerous (remember that scene where he's running around naked & screaming "we are all going streaking" forget the movie) but why the f*ck is he always shouting in his flicks? :roll:
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Quote from: "afterbirth"
Quote from: "Naturelle"
Will Ferrel.

i find this cat quite humerous (remember that scene where he's running around naked & screaming "we are all going streaking" forget the movie) but why the f*ck is he always shouting in his flicks? :roll:

That movie is cla**ic.Its Old School.However, Vince Vaughn's my main man in that one.But they all did their thing there for sure.Check Will Ferrell in Anchorman: the legend of Ron Burghandy.One of my favs actually.Got this dryness to it, but madd funny, if u watch it with a dry tinged humour outlook.Then it ends up being madd funny.Vince is in there.Luke Wilson, Ben Stiller and a few other brief cameos make appearances.

Ricky Bobby looks cla**ic too.Yep Sacha gettin his chedda this year and next year for sure. :wink:

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
The Ali G movie was never shown in US theaters but it was shown on
HBO and is available on DVD here in the States. I somewhat found this
odd but I actually saw "Ali G: In da house" and I thought it was hillarious.
I also saw that Borat cameo!! :lol:

I wanted to see Talledega Nights but however missed it this summer.
I'm gonna have to wait for it on DVD. Oh yeah, Will Ferrel used to be on
Saturday Night Live. Ever since he left the show, it went downhill.

Anyone remember Nickelodeon's Keenan and Kel ( spin-off of "All That) ?
Keenan Thompson now stars in SNL.

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Yeah I remember Keenan and Kel very well.Used to like that one for some reason.So Keenan on there now.

Yeah, lots of comedians making it big currently came from SNL.But yeah, glad u got to see the Ali G movie.If u were here in SA u'd probably be able to still catch Ricky Bobby on circuit.I think its out already.......man, I'm so out with movies these days.

Just recently seen Grandma's Boy. :lol: Silly one.Got some funny parts.......especially that guy from Dodgeball.Got the Neo thing going on. :lol:

But ya, back to Borat.Cant wait.Gonna be superb.Btw, he's got more fuel for the fire as his "native country" bout 3 weeks back printed the word "Bank" incorrectly on their new notes to be circulated.So ya, this actually happened and is real.Now come on man........why they gotta provoke him. :lol: Too funny.

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Grandma's Boy was also Hillarious. I liked the dude who still lived with
his parents (he still sleeps in a race car bed and later makes out with
an old lady) and Dante ( the weed dealer who buys the chimp).

As for Sasha Baron Cohen's characters:

In 2002, it was Ali G........

2006, it was Borat......

In 2010, will it be......BRUNO???

:lol:  8)

DJ_Nastie_Ed

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Yeah Universal just bought rights for Bruno... movie

dont have the link here and dont remember exact figure... but it was in the double digit millions