Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

deletion...SA hip hop is dead

churchofthe latterdayLatte

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-4
    • View Profile
before the untimely deletion, i was saying yo....

Sdudla wrote: It's this very logic that has allowed faggots like H2O, Morafe, HHP,Myman, and the rest of them to exist for so long. If all the dudes I've mentioned are rappin, then Zola and Kabelo are the dopest rappers in this raibow nation-

yeah, lets all bust a black label and braai in celebration. i have my opinions about that nation building bullcrap that allows sub-standard material to define us as a people in the name of proudly SA-ness

my sentiments exactly sdudla. I have said it befor, I wish one day to org a Sa hip hop honours show and put kwaito cats on stages...give cats like Chiskop, Tkzee, Senyaka and Zola lifetime achievement awards...i swear. those cats have done more to elevate SA hip hop that rap cats...or have paved a direction of where it should look to in terms of look,feel and style,(minus the lyrical content).so-called rap cats (the ones who get airplay, that is) release three albums and thnk its time to relax, too old to battle and what not. SA rap knows very little about paying dues. another nail in its coffin. 10 years and three albums...all below par at that, aint shit.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
shit,, i hope i didn't delete that thread by accident  :oops:

i was trying to clear up some double posts, sorry!

8thsupahero

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
iyo D-planet done did it

any way f*** all the pre mationed catrs by sdudla
but ist that what listers want
i was listening to the essnce via streamin
an i heard alot of peeps
say f*(&%*&#&ck underground
lets get this paper

so in our proudly SA-ness we will bump PRO and the likes this dec
but let us forget about the Druge dialect
and Society-06
the new Tumi and the next HYTHATHIC
SA hiphop never existed let us bring back Mizchif
m purely a figment of ur imagination like virgins

truthkid

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Sdudla wrote: It's this very logic that has allowed faggots like H2O, Morafe, HHP,Myman, and the rest of them to exist for so long. If all the dudes I've mentioned are rappin, then Zola and Kabelo are the dopest rappers in this raibow nation

most of what u said is true.. mare Morafe le HHP, moo teng wa nyela.. strue!!
roete aan almal tehuis

rhymetodie

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
H2O cannot be on tht list of shitty rappers.....nah!1
u]"Nas is lyin when he says hip hop is dead, he's jst gettin old"[/u]
" Jay-Z is president so he's album is for russell simmons and LA Reid"

Now who do you listen to?

8thsupahero

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Quote from: "truthkid"

HMM
interesting language used..anyway
i heard this "Morafe" u refer to dont know what they sayin..they flow tho..
but dem beats sounded bad.....

Quote from: "rhymetodie"

you got jokes ......

Bondizzo

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • www.demcrackboys.com
which local rapper did something this year ? I dont follow the local scene too much and probably 90% of ppl do either and all I can recall so far was Pro Kid and Entity, sad but true S.A hip hop is going no where even nigeria/kenya are bigger than us music wise

8thsupahero

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
liar liar set ur pussy on fire
the OI vid?

what about dat?
ya dont have 2 be so negative........
what happened to ur sunshine jeeze
OI also did a tour
Drudge Dialect
society 06
ben sharpa
etc..............................

rhymetodie

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Quote from: "8thsupahero"
Quote from: "truthkid"

HMM

you got jokes ......

nah dawg itz no joke i realy think H2O is there for a reason......They might not sound as hip hop as we would like them to but they play a very vital role in terms of being the streets amba**adors(sp) in the South African context..man ya got respect H2O!

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
8thsupahero wrote:
truthkid wrote:

HMM

rhymetodie wrote:

you got jokes ......

Rhymetodie wrote:
nah dawg itz no joke i realy think H2O is there for a reason......They might not sound as hip hop as we would like them to but they play a very vital role in terms of being the streets amba**adors(sp) in the South African context..man ya got respect H2O!

damnit, then what's the meaning?!

T

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
melanin latte-clearly u don't know the meaning of Hip-hop ne! Morafe and HHP...lol....Khuli from Morafe is loved by his peers as one of the most hottest rappers ever...and i will give u names and u can go and ask them urself ...Pro,Flabba,Selwyn,Amu,Slik..etc...he's got the illest flow ever... 'sweeter the juice the blacker the murebele' must i say mo...come on...And HHP ask ur favourite rapper to go one on one verse 4 verse with double HP AND see what happens.that's true hatting right thrrrrrrrr.....

Vexer

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile

I feel u.Its like Niggaz have a problem when other Niggaz rap their own local street shit using the local paradigm.

This is exactly what H2O and TearGas are all about.But bcoz its street its now kwaito.But that's the shit Niggaz in this country are living everyday.

To me its sad bcoz clearly we have an identity crisis in Hip-Hop.American Hip-Hop is in vernac i.e. Eubonics which is not even proper English. Shit like this:

Spit some game in her ear go to the tele' ho/
U put what money in a Benz coz bitch I'm barely broke.

This is clearly soaked in the streetz and game of the USA & u would actually need to understand the vernac and the culture to appreciate what the f*** is meant here.

So when local catz drop shit in tsotsitaal or other forms of African slang to beats that in terms of tempo, drum and ba** pattern qualify as Hip-Hop,  I don't see why suddenly these catz are not Hip-Hop.

I don't hear H2O and Teargas on some 140bpm go-go,kwaito or house beats.So I wonder why they're not Hip-Hop.

Is it bcoz of their paradigm.This is not about them spitting in vernac or not but rather their ideological point of reference.Isn't theirs an SA and ultimately an African vision.

Coz to me their shit is as soaked in the local streetz and culture as the USA shit I quoted above but they're just repping their own region and story authentically.

I don't really understand why they're not Hip-Hop other than bcoz they're street and reality rappers instead of being abstract metaphor throwing motherf***ers.

Nothing wrong with rapping in English/and or throwing around metaphors but that's not the only form Hip-Hop can take.

I'll try and upload a joint from the TearGas album called "Umbali".To me it sounds like any other Dogg Pound "getting pussy" track and I don't really get why someone would go to the extent of saying they're not even Hip-Hop.Like they don't even deserve the title "wack rapper".

I'm just worried about this exclusionary definition of Hip-Hop that seems to be taking hold.

I hope I succeed with the upload coz I've been having problems on previous attempts coz either my server or the AG server breaks the connection during the upload.
I stay chiseled

rhymetodie

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
V thts exactly ma point...Thank God...Itz realy a shame to hve ppl like superhero callin themselves "South AFRICAN hip hop heads" while they fail to apriciate their own music....Groups like H20 and Teargas are the same groups tht make hip hop Emakasi luvd..why do u think thts tha case?..Even tha likes of Prokid...itz becoz ordinary ppl feel like they relate to what they say..

I personaly am a punchlines/metaphors/battle rapper but i can't lie and say all tha ppl tht rap in vernac are 'wack' or are "kwaito" i think alot has to be done eMzantsi so ppl can respect their own languages!

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
T wrote
melanin latte-clearly u don't know the meaning of Hip-hop ne! Morafe and HHP...lol....Khuli from Morafe is loved by his peers as one of the most hottest rappers ever...and i will give u names and u can go and ask them urself ...Pro,Flabba,Selwyn,Amu,Slik..etc...he's got the illest flow ever... 'sweeter the juice the blacker the murebele' must i say mo...come on...And HHP ask ur favourite rapper to go one on one verse 4 verse with double HP AND see what happens.that's true hatting right thrrrrrrrr.....

i said nothing about any, well most of those cats. but now that you  brought it up...ummmm how you say ummm....OVERRATED, MEDIOCRE. can you spell B.A.N.D.W.A.G.O.N.? How about D.I.C.K.R.I.D.E.R.S?  synonym for No-Longer-Relevant?

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Teargas are so WACK 2 the 7th level,Even their name says it all,They'll blow up in the limelight like teargas sprayed in the crowd,suddenly they gonna disappear.Theres no potential for Growth.

I enjoy H20's music since day one,Gish Gish was cool,and their new album tracks are decent.