Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Ba**line Last Night-Comments?

Saskia · 14 · 3190

Saskia

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
That's a first. A hip hop gig goes down and no one here on AG says anything about it.Went to the 3 kings (proVERB, proKID and Selwyn) launch last night but left when Selwyn was on stage. He was f***ing boring.Had some acting shit going on during his set. The opening acts were even worse.Some f***ed up girls who can't sing busy making a noise on stage.Even got tired of drooling after a while. I think people need to up the standards because what I saw last night was shit.Proverb saved the night and entertained a FULLY packed ba**line.Felt like the whole of Joburg was at the same place all at once.
quot;Life's a bitch and drugs don't work!"

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
recurring theme # 298776: badly organised shows.

*sigh*

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
My Son was a bit under the weather so couldn't make it (sorry Uncle Bextah). Did Proverb perform "Rise of the Underdog"?
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Saskia

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Am I the only one here who doesn't have a kid?
Is that the song he did for landmynz?Don't think he performed it. I was surprised he didn't feature Reason.

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile
Heard the joint (the rise of the underdog) on hype mixtape...damn dope shit.
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
How was Prokid's performance ?
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Saskia

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Nothing exciting!

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
sorry for the slight sidetrack, but what's the single off pro kid's album?

deePea

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Proverb was hot even copped the CD lastnite
A boy of mine did say that Selwyn should have not perfomed after Proverb. Pro KID was aight, he got the crowd bumping ---

The show was well organized and the sound was good i could hear wat the fellas were saying...

Three King -- too dope
amiliarity breeds contempt
Perigo Minas Volume 2 OUT Now!!!
Landmynz Bitch

churchofthe latterdayLatte

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-4
    • View Profile
eish, what do i keep saying about SA artists and paying dues? we have not transcended the simple mynutia of acceptable sound, performer etiquette, keeping the crowd there, sales...huh? and people are already making pronouncements of kingship! two- album prokid, and 40-year old two album selwyn plus record company happy proverb! they are good artists, no doubt. but kings! check in in another 10 years I say. its too soon to call. cats must just put in work and forget about all this king bullshit. we're nit there yet.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "melanin latte"
eish, what do i keep saying about SA artists and paying dues? we have not transcended the simple mynutia of acceptable sound, performer etiquette, keeping the crowd there, sales...huh? and people are already making pronouncements of kingship! two- album prokid, and 40-year old two album selwyn plus record company happy proverb! they are good artists, no doubt. but kings! check in in another 10 years I say. its too soon to call. cats must just put in work and forget about all this king bullshit. we're nit there yet.

co-sign that to the fullest (although i do understand it's just marketing).

Solid

• Guppie
    • View Profile
Again, crap sound. When will these idiot learn to do proper set ups. Verb was tight, the joint with Jah Seed, iyo.  Selwyn, eish,  should have  defenitely not performed after Verb, too high a standard was set, he diluted the whole thang. Prokid's perfomance was tight too, he actually sounded better than cd, I think nigga's got one of the illest flow.

Verb cudnt perfom "Rise of the underdog" coz they were under strict instructions to do only tracks on their albums, But Bextizi hooked it up.
ehab is for quiters!

the brand®

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-14
  • PAINT (25-03-11)
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/childakapoet
Quote from: "Saskia"
That's a first. A hip hop gig goes down and no one here on AG says anything about it.Went to the 3 kings (proVERB, proKID and Selwyn) .

HAHAHAHA

3 kings.....hahahaha

wait kings of what?

every1 on AG know i dont like selwyn the other two are aight
one is too getto but he good the other throws in toooooooo many puchlines

but to be called kings........

the reason we didnt say anything was coz the pesants we
puttin in work somewhere else

and like D said badly organised never mind the
advertisng
we knew about it 2 days b4 it happened

come on now.....arent suppose to be kings?

anyway im turning a new leave not suppose to be negative anymore

on a positive note

people went :roll:

truthkid

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Selwyn banna.. hai no fok man, dude cud do better (but its a bit late now, age is a mothafcka).. mare that last track of his bout 3 or 2 authis(hus fckn counting) beefin sounded interesting...
Pro Kid was nice, dnt know bout the album tho, he rockd the crowd fine mara i dnt think his perfomance left people wanting to buy the CD (i'ma buy it nonetheless)..
As for Pro Verb..............................................................................................................................................................................................

Thot i'd leave that space for haters to feel it with their kak..
NUF SAID!

p.s eish stop messin up good things with titles like "kings" pls
roete aan almal tehuis