Africasgateway.com

The "N" Word

Vexer · 59 · 13722

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
 ;D Hold up a second are you guys seriously censoring posts now?

hahahaha, reminds me of Arthur - Baas, say nee, Ba**! dont call me a k******
@cash_sog

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
;D Hold up a second are you guys seriously censoring posts now?

k******

would u look at that? they really are censoring posts

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +16/-18
    • View Profile
Honestly, most of us use the word to sound 'cool'. If our favourite rappers werent using it, we'd probably not use it. The really means nothing to us.
quot;Don't take shots if you ain't usin a handgun"

That Bastard Crook

• I woulda told Mitch not-to-leave-Rico, and instead 'a' wearing chains rock-da-Steve-Biko
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +71/-25
  • Right-wing fascists call me "Die Swart Gevaar"
    • View Profile
The term "nigga" is a term for "Friend/Homeboy/Hip-hop head/G/Brother etc.
I call ALL my friends and a**ociates "nigga", whether black/white/coloured/asian!
If you go to Midrand theres mad Indian dudes who use the word.

I dont think it is a problem, unless you make it a problem.

I mean some black people(like Oprah) are offended by another black person calling them "Nigga". So of course some black people will be offended when a "white" person calls them "nigga"

Now the word "Nigger", now this means something different which will most definitely lead to a beatdown whatever race you are!

@ The word k****** - Never again!

This is the biggest load of bullshit alive in Hip-Hop today. How the f*** you gon' differentiate between nigga and nigger? They both pronounced exactly the same and people don't write the word down when they addressin' you wid it. What? You gon' be on some  "...did you just call me nigger?" And he replies "...nah man, I said nigga" "..Oh, aight cool then, just thought for a minute there you called me a nigger instead of a nigga"  ::) ::) ::)
At da Centre, it's Inventor of dis Art-of-Rap / Seida-Crook I'm da Genuine Artefact // Rappers know I spit Godly-Rap, I gave da Industry a Heart-Attack / Like "OH MY GOD-HE'S-BACK"!!!!!!! /

Volatyl

• Volatyl-intensly unstable... If its beef yall niggas cattle
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +2/-12
  • I call my gun graffiti nigga see how my gun spray
    • View Profile
^^^lmfao hahahahaha :D :D :D true true
I bring an end to the weak like the sun setting on sunday,I call my gun graffiti nigga see how my gun spray, you gona be da headline we see in the news, coz you starting to look like a white wall and ima put gaffiti on you...

Mrs Jones

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-41
  • Acoustic Soul
    • View Profile
Honestly, most of us use the word to sound 'cool'. If our favourite rappers werent using it, we'd probably not use it. The really means nothing to us.
I remember back in the day my mom used a stretch comb to soften my hair because there weren't any relaxer creams then and my sister would say that I have "k****** hare" because my hair was extremely coarse. She said it in such a way that I thought that was what you would call my type of hair, that there was no other word for it. I almost got the hinding of my life when I said it to my mother, she told me never to use that word again. As I grew up I read up alot about our culture and I still do. The problem "I think" is that we don't understand the meaning of these two words and where they come from. Sure most of us have watched slavery movies like Roots, Malcom X, etc but have we really done our reseach thoroughly? For me, its really hard not to get offended. What are we going to tell the generation to come about these two words? Are we going to let them think that its cool words one uses when calling their friends to show affection or are we going to teach them the history of these words and let them decide? I don't know guys, I seriously fear for the generation to come since we seem to be remixing everything including the true meaning of certain words and simply call it EVOLUTION! 
All my life I had to fight. I loves Harpo, God knows I do. But I'll kill him dead 'fo I let him beat me.

1kind

• onek1nd is superman on the eiffel tower, saving the world from parasites.
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +8/-25
  • My xhosa friends and I started a clique!
    • View Profile
sigh....

I propose a notion. In south africa le'ts replace the  world nigga with k****** and see how often people will actually be using that word.
I put Religion, Opression and Weakness underground and when i looked down i felt myself begin to GROW.

www.reverbnation.com/1kind

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
I call ALL my friends and a**ociates "nigga", whether black/white/coloured/asian!

I mean some black people(like Oprah) are offended by another black person calling them "Nigga". So of course some black people will be offended when a "white" person calls them "nigga"

Now the word "Nigger", now this means something different which will most definitely lead to a beatdown whatever race you are!

This is the biggest load of bullshit alive in Hip-Hop today. How the f*** you gon' differentiate between nigga and nigger? They both pronounced exactly the same and people don't write the word down when they addressin' you wid it. What? You gon' be on some  "...did you just call me nigger?" And he replies "...nah man, I said nigga" "..Oh, aight cool then, just thought for a minute there you called me a nigger instead of a nigga"  ::) ::) ::)

In the words of Kat Williams....Please dont take "Nigga" away from us. lol
@cash_sog

Z-DIGITAL

• THE IMAGECHEF
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +5/-10
  • Cookin food for thought>>>>>THE IMAGE CHEF
    • View Profile
You just getting it twisted, I dont use it, I was just making an example, yes it is contriversial and bad, Im not disagreeing with that!

Explicit

Yo snow-flake look putna I feel where you comin' from but yo, I been growin up with my White boy Niggaz since way back yo....& them niggaz know that Nigga is off topic. Like them niggaz wont even think twice about that shit...I mean look at Marshall Mathers, that White Boy is dope of the mi but duke aint never ever ever let that shit slip yo. I aint comin at you in any way at all.
The word has lost that stigma it had behind coz most cats nowadays just view it as a term of endearement coz like The Eses and the Cheves use it now and the Portaricans coz them niggaz also went through that shit y'know. I figure its only used by races that went through that rough shit. For instance my Indian niggaz I call em Terrorists straight up and down & and when they holla nigga, it dont even move me. Its kinda like dont be tryina slurrs if you havent been there yourself and got the stripes to be called that your self.
spit flows so much you have to grow gills
Or you'll drown when my flows spill
Push me I'll make you run a suicide drill
To see through my WINDOWS i charge you GATE BILLS.....

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
You just getting it twisted, I dont use it, I was just making an example, yes it is contriversial and bad, Im not disagreeing with that!

Explicit

Yo snow-flake look putna I feel where you comin' from but yo, I been growin up with my White boy Niggaz since way back yo....& them niggaz know that Nigga is off topic. Like them niggaz wont even think twice about that shit...I mean look at Marshall Mathers, that White Boy is dope of the mi but duke aint never ever ever let that shit slip yo. I aint comin at you in any way at all.
The word has lost that stigma it had behind coz most cats nowadays just view it as a term of endearement coz like The Eses and the Cheves use it now and the Portaricans coz them niggaz also went through that shit y'know. I figure its only used by races that went through that rough shit. For instance my Indian niggaz I call em Terrorists straight up and down & and when they holla nigga, it dont even move me. Its kinda like dont be tryina slurrs if you havent been there yourself and got the stripes to be called that your self.

why do you call indians 'terrorists'?

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa

Nah man. That nigger pronounciation has to really roll off ya tounge, like nigerrr. Say it with me, niggerrrr, Like them old slave master with the beard and hat British peeps, NIGGER........ it sounds better than "nig" or "nigga" or "nyucca" or "nyug" or "negga" or the dirty south "nhegguh" or even or own South African "ma'neegah" and "le'neegah".
klklkl ;D ;D ;D
I remember back in the day my mom used a stretch comb to soften my hair because there weren't any relaxer creams then and my sister would say that I have "k****** hare" because my hair was extremely coarse. She said it in such a way that I thought that was what you would call my type of hair, that there was no other word for it. I almost got the hinding of my life when I said it to my mother, she told me never to use that word again. As I grew up I read up alot about our culture and I still do. The problem "I think" is that we don't understand the meaning of these two words and where they come from. Sure most of us have watched slavery movies like Roots, Malcom X, etc but have we really done our reseach thoroughly? For me, its really hard not to get offended. What are we going to tell the generation to come about these two words? Are we going to let them think that its cool words one uses when calling their friends to show affection or are we going to teach them the history of these words and let them decide? I don't know guys, I seriously fear for the generation to come since we seem to be remixing everything including the true meaning of certain words and simply call it EVOLUTION! 
The 'K' word ;D ;D ;D had to have been the stupidest racial slur ever.
According to MY knowledge and hard research (An old dictionary ;D)
The 'k' word is of Arab origins, it was used by Arabian slave traders to address non believers, which were black obviously......
As far as I know, most Arabs follow the Islam religion

So when Sir Lancelot ;D came through calling niggerrrrrs Kaff*rs he was just being a dumb a** "nigga". :) ::)

« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 09:04:39 AM by A pimp named spongie/PATbRICKS/J-1/yes bitch the whole thing »

Z-DIGITAL

• THE IMAGECHEF
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +5/-10
  • Cookin food for thought>>>>>THE IMAGE CHEF
    • View Profile
Coz mayn its just like Nigga. It was a term that Americans were hurling around to try to demean them or bring them down as a culture in a condescending way just coz of 9/11 but now just like word Nigga was used by other niggaz to niggaz, I call my Indian niggaz Terrorist coz sooner or later its gonna lose that stigma that in came in with. The first I heard Terrorist call each other Terrrorist was like 2 year after 9/11 and them niggaz was my boyz so like since then man its just been like Nigga Terrorist.....and to me I prefer terrorist over Charo or Koolie yuhmean coz that koolie shit man I don't even dig bra its still too heavy for me kinda like k****** is to Nigga.
I hope it makes sense hommee.
spit flows so much you have to grow gills
Or you'll drown when my flows spill
Push me I'll make you run a suicide drill
To see through my WINDOWS i charge you GATE BILLS.....

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa

Explicit

why do you call indians 'terrorists'?
I was wondering the same thing. But it's kinda funny though :-X ;D