Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Pete Rock vs 9th Wonder

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com
Most old school niggaz gone probably kill for sayin this shit.
I remember earlier this year there was some thread comparing 9th Wonder to Pete Rock, and some young nigga said that he don’t feel Pete Rock.Well to be very honest I got some Pete Rock shit from my cuz and to be honest I don’t realy see what the big deal is.
I got Soul Survivor 1 and 2, and from both discs I think I only felt like 4 tracks from both da albums.
But 9th Wonder on the other hand, is the one nigga that SHIT CAN”T EVEN DESCRIBE HIM he’s on a league of his own.I think he is the 1 nigga that gone take over primo.
Have any of ya’ll heard “Scars” by Big Pooh.
So to sum it all up I feel 9th Wonder more than Pete Rock and by far.
Yo could ya’ll give me a few cla**ics Pete has done, coz I’m definitely missin sumthin, anybody who is one of Nyambo’s dopest producers gotta be dope.
Besides the shit he done for the Onyx, Big Pun, Dead Prez, and Soul survivor series what else has he done, pls somebody school me PLS
9 tha Pedigree

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
Soul survivor 2 was kinda weak fo me too... i dont usually compare producers but both they styles are dope. i guess i'm what most woul'd call a "NEW SCHOOL" cat myself, but i'd put Pete Rock before 9th any day that man's got crazy ba**lines!

TRY THESE:

LOST AND FOUND

PETESTRUMENTALS

Pete Rock and C.L. Smooth- THE MAIN INGREDIENT

......in the end though, we all have dif. tastes  :lol:

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
oh and i'm not posting links for tha downloads u can do
that yaself on albumbase

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile

biz-ark-human

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Corporate Nemesis on bandcamp
Yeah...I really felt both of them Soul Survivour discs, and to me, Pete Rock will always be one of the best to have ever done it. Not hating on 9th though, he's still on the grind like that

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Quote from: "French Toaster"
Most old school niggaz gone probably kill for sayin this shit.
I remember earlier this year there was some thread comparing 9th Wonder to Pete Rock, and some young nigga said that he don’t feel Pete Rock.Well to be very honest I got some Pete Rock shit from my cuz and to be honest I don’t realy see what the big deal is.
I got Soul Survivor 1 and 2, and from both discs I think I only felt like 4 tracks from both da albums.
But 9th Wonder on the other hand, is the one nigga that SHIT CAN”T EVEN DESCRIBE HIM he’s on a league of his own.I think he is the 1 nigga that gone take over primo.
Have any of ya’ll heard “Scars” by Big Pooh.
So to sum it all up I feel 9th Wonder more than Pete Rock and by far.
Yo could ya’ll give me a few cla**ics Pete has done, coz I’m definitely missin sumthin, anybody who is one of Nyambo’s dopest producers gotta be dope.
Besides the shit he done for the Onyx, Big Pun, Dead Prez, and Soul survivor series what else has he done, pls somebody school me PLS

You obviously haven't had of google, school yourself kid. Anyway, to each his own.

@ Tate: Where's that stuff nigga?

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-9
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nduduzof
I bought this ish.....down in Durbs...man I was happy

Marco Polo - Marquee ft O.C.
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys
Something Bout Love - The Main Ingredient

I stay on top like eXponents - AQ

Anthony

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +3/-8
  • Wisdom is knowing when you can't be wise!
    • View Profile
come on b.show respect to the culture.comparin 9th to the Mecca Soul Brotha's like comparin Christ to Peter.pete taught premo,havoc and large p.nuff said.he inspired soulful ba**lines used in modern day rnb.i mean TED RILEY BIT FROM THE DUDE.research your history.Pete's the greatest cuz without him them other dudes wouldnt be there.respect that.on that note.peace!
Chosen

authentic

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
this ainbt no disrespect at all , eventhough i do admit a lot of 9th definitely came from being inspired by pete
9th is holding his own too , definitely a great producer but pete is in a difrent cla** thunny
url=http://albumbase.com][/url]

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-0
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ
Them dayz where peepz were on them Emu SP-12/SP-1200 and akai MPC  60/ S - series samplers were crazy experimental. Peepz taught each other different shits. The Large P would teach Pete sumn & visa versa. Pete clearly influenced a whole lotta minerz from DJ Scratch, LP, Q-Tip, 9th etc.

Soul Brother No #1.
Dudez got crazy badges, search his discography on the net.

Within hip hop therez different stylez so I would say Pete be in a cla** of his own in Petez category,

Then therez that Madlib dude
He the No #1 super producer.
Cat uses the Boss Dr. Sample/turntables/SP-1200 and He can create whole albums in quick succession on the fly.
but he never beat Dilla on the fastest song created.

9th be cool, but that FL he's on, and them tired drumz.
Not hatin... I appreciate catz contribution too....

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
Quote from: "French Toaster"
somebody school me PLS

take notes kideo:

Pete Rock and CL Smooth - Lots of loving
Pete Rock and CL Smooth - I'll take you there
Pete Rock and CL Smooth - T.R.O.Y. !
RUN DMC - Down with the King (Pete Rock Remix)
Public Enemy - Shut Em Down (Pete Rock Remix)
Pete Rock - The Creator
Pete Rock and CL Smooth feat. Grand Puba - SKINS

there's more but that is a good place to start...

beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Quote from: "munetsi"
come on b.show respect to the culture.comparin 9th to the Mecca Soul Brotha's like comparin Christ to Peter.pete taught premo,havoc and large p.nuff said.he inspired soulful ba**lines used in modern day rnb.i mean TED RILEY BIT FROM THE DUDE.research your history.Pete's the greatest cuz without him them other dudes wouldnt be there.respect that.on that note.peace!

Yeah somrtimes the student can get better than the teacher, Pete taught Primo but God knows that Primo done over lapped Pete just my opinion coz Premo be the God, wit a capital G
9 tha Pedigree