Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

ZIMBABWE

Thornz · 26 · 8471

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
From the "breadbasket of Africa",the "fastest growing economy in Africa" to the worlds highest inflation rate and one of  its fastest shrinking economies... was watching special a**.(missed the 1st 15 mins tho so i hope theyl broadcast a re-run)  and with the dodgy nature of politricks there it's startin to sound more like 1930s Russia than the 21st century "post-independant" zimbabwe most of us woulda envisioned during its heydays.. now i havent bn in zim since 2005 but it seems like its becoming almos impossible 2 make ends meet on a daily... i was surprised tho 2 hear one s.a. nwspper editor (i think) say the only reason the international com especialy sa does not intervene is cuz" his Excellency Comrade (Doctor) Robert Gabrial Mugabe" was a respected (fellow)freedom fighter! WHAT? So this means he's above the law...ryt? Just a thought at 2 am ... oh and can anybody tell me kuthi whts the story behind mai Mjuru messin wid the internet connections... i dnt knw if the zimbos could confirm the validity of that cuz i only heard... ma eyes r real tired yo,and danm cellphone's annoyin 2 type wid so... Can i get yalls views ill be back

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
That special a**ignment was filmed @ least 6months ago before the bear cheques had been changed & @ the height of op "Marambatsvina" so it seemed a bit dated to me.

Dont be fooled there are many VERY successful business-people in Zimbabwe but by & large the income differential is ever widening & the middle-cla** is almost non-existant now.
The average person on the street is sufferig & smiling while the brain drain to the diaspora continues (imimi ka vanaThornz).

Change is necessary, there will always be suffering before any successful revolution.

My people suffer & smile. Zimbabwean people are very resiliant.

Zvichanaka chete!

Vexer

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
I was also shaken by what I saw.

Like Tate said tho there's lots of succeesful peeps back home.I was there in November last year.

U just need 2 get used 2 how the economy is working now.Which isn't easy to be honest but catz who don't have other options r making it work for them.

Thornz.Ndakaona private message yako late.Ndichatumira mabeat kukerogetsi yako.Handina kukanganwa.
I stay chiseled

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Sensai_Tate"

Change is necessary, there will always be suffering before any successful revolution.

My people suffer & smile. Zimbabwean people are very resiliant.

Zvichanaka chete!

Ay ..."Revolution?"...thats just the thing! What does that mean exactly Tate...
I'll a**ume u r just hoping things will sort themselves out (thats what u mean ryt.. i dnt exactly see u organisin' an uprising anytime soon)
Terror (n subsequently fear)is a very handy politrical  tool (Hitler knew dat, Stalin nu it, Amin nu it... dare i go on?)so  instead of fightn the power we'd rather take a dip wida crocs in the limpopo (hummm imimi ka vana Tate) hopin 4 beta lives elsewhere n CROSS OUR FINGERS wida hope dat sumone else will be brave enuff to bring an iNSTANT SOLUTION to the table. WHO? The West ...nuh wait they dnt giv 2 fux n they 'sanction policy' adds 2 problem anyway...ay how bout our fellow SA neighbours? (eish kodwa kunzima jo.. ) ay the ZANU-PF then (ndeyeropa vakomana!) yeah.. yeh thats it  "ha zvichanaka chete ha zviribho".. .

I think its still hard 4 most of us (myself inclded) 2 acknowledge the fact that we hav a real problem here cuz we never thot this colud happen to US!   In 1999 would u have eva imagined that our inflation levels would skyroket to 1 200% (nuh.. propestours ryt...this is Zimbabwe not Niger). But everyyear sha, shi is g'tin worse cuz i got family ther n they struggle 2 get they kids 2 school. Its tru zim got highcla** blingin' business gurus who enrrol they kids in private schls n what not but... thats just 1 half of a bigger picture.

And yeah the brain drain is a factor(A BIG ONE INFACT  S.A. ECONOMY CANT BELIEVE ITS LUCK TO BE SITUATED  NEX TO SUCH AN EDUCATED COUNTRY LOL!) But hey... people aint happy n want 2 get the best 4 they skills.
I could be wrong but thats y i needed ya views guys,,,

?
Oh and i still wana know bout that internet thing anyone kno bout it?

G'd lookin vex had long 4goten bout that myself but... we'll c how we can make dis work cuz my crib was burgled sha n the bastards took ma'laptop...
(man, n this was s'possed 2 be my 1st yr at varsity)

Love

Vexer

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Sorry kuti u were burgled but we all know stayera yemachinda ekuno.

I feel u its up to us to resolve the problem but no one's willing to make sacifices so right now fear rules.

Its sad and I don't know if and when things r ever gonna get better.

I don't know about the internet thing but I wouldn't be surprised.
I stay chiseled

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
like kingpinn said umm... whats that again munesti.. "i dont battle mcs anymore i battle governments". Real emcees RAP (Reflect And Prophesy). .. Thanx vex i'll get by, (maybe i need 2 start pushin fukin tables @ ocean fisheries again LOL!)

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Uncle Bob what do you have to say for yourself?

"BUCKA BUCKA FO LYFE!!!!!" :twisted:

deePea

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I love Uncle Bob's ideology but do not totally agree with the execution...
amiliarity breeds contempt
Perigo Minas Volume 2 OUT Now!!!
Landmynz Bitch

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: "deePea"
I love Uncle Bob's ideology but do not totally agree with the execution...

exactly...he doesnt need to approach politics wida martial law mentality. Maybe the old man sufferin from a bit of 2nd chimurenga nostalgia... @ Tate : LOL!

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile
We all feel that what is happening in Zim is bad and Mugabe and Tsangarai(sp) should work together towards a solution that is going to benefit the majority (poor ppl) of Zimbabwe. But what i find very problematic is some media reports about  what is happening in Zim. They dont bother to give a contextual background of why things are they like that kwaMzilikazi.
Its becasue of the pressure from International Monetary Fund (IMF), this is the organisation that loans money to mostly the 3 world countries and they always influence what that $ is spent on. In the early 1990s they were concerned about the governments public spending,  the latter does not gurantee that they gonna get their money back so they demanded that the governments cuts down on public spending (education, housing, health etc) and Zimbabwe like most African countries had to abide by that. people lost their jobs especially in the defence sector and Mugabe had to renumerate those ppl for being part of the liberation struggle and that is why today you had so many war veterans and the land grabbing is part of that reward.
Im not making excuses for Mugabe but that is the context that is always missing from all the media reports. Capitalism policies are responsible for what is happening kwa Mzilikazi
Mugabe has lost his mind, period!!!! he does not know how to deal with the situation in Zim.

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
^^^^^^   why do you call it KwaMzilikazi?
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-4
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile
Mugabe, the white reactionary media and the west are all playing a costly game at the expense of the people of Zimbabwe.  I find most arguments for and against the regime hard to swallow and wonder how long the truth will continue to be another genuine casualty in that beautiful country.

As the man said, suffering can be a catalyst for true change.  I hope it is so, and that the RIGHT things are changed in time, not just everything.

Poor Mzilikazi's people.  When will their truths be heard? In time.

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: "briCK"
^^^^^^   why do you call it KwaMzilikazi?

the Zimbabwean black population is made up of mainly the SHONA and the NDEBELE.. the Ndebele people of ZImbabwe are descendants of Mzilikazi, who was a commander in shaka zulu's army...Mzilikazi fled the Zulu state (not too sure why )with a small group of followers and landed up in zimbabwe, so the Ndebele are essentially zulus hence the similarity in language and traditional dress (do not confuse the s.african ndebele with zim ndebele cuz they very different, the latter being more' zulu')...but anyway, zimbabweans cant ALL be referred to as mzilikazi's people...some of us are shona speaking, just  like all south africans cant be 'shaka's people'... both shona (J. Tongogara, Chitepo, uncle Bob) and ndebele
(remeber Joshua Nkomo,Ndabaningi Sibanda etc) guerillas fought against the British regime in the 2nd chimurenga but thats going beside the point tho so,yeah..
some shonas (em em anaTate) cant speak ndebele/zulu thats probably why they find it harder to incorporate wid s.a. blacks lol! (hayiwa mdara kungowanza zvangu)

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-17
    • View Profile
Quote from: "thornz"
...Mzilikazi fled the Zulu state (not too sure why )

you can rest a**ured he had drama with shaka. on some not trying to be caught alive. any running away just nje. nah. more like i best be getting me and mines. get the gone.

shakes the man did not play games. rather serious business.
- soul activist. poet. flower. fairy -