SA hip hop vs Hip hop made in SA

Baserock

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://musicplustv.com/Baserock
Quote from: "cash"
yeah maf***er!!!! i been retarded wit the flow!!!!! :D

u cats really got inferiority complexes! this dude was goin on about SA like he knows whats up! droppin his CNN stereotype rhymes! but yall still side wit him cos he IN AMERICA :lol:

yalll aint even mad he dissin SA(africa), yall praise him and diss ya own!
its typical African behaviour! :D

this nigga dion research like a maf***er! im jus spittin from the heart. on the spot! hahahahaha!!!!!! that nigga a google rapper! checkin for facts!!!
f***ing faggot! whatever he said, he can still get it! he can still get smacked when i see him! :D  you heard me baserock! u country a** cotton picker! hahahahahahaaha

yeah your so ill its sickening...
ballin outta control bro!
i hope you don't get booted off here, you're in a perfect spot to really put in work for hiphop..
acceptance is key for hiphop survival.
you are probably confused on that. and if you really want a word or two, i'll spare them cause i'll trust you eventually.

now on what you said, my research. you should do the same, cause you let your gaurd down as soon as you put up for a fight. battles are won with tactics, not wild shots hopeing to render your enemy. you got pissed and tried to seek ya African brothers on here to support your posts. it drove you crazy cause they dissagreed with you.

the answer to why they disagree is that i slamed you with creditable sterotypes yes, and my research is great. i love to know my friends and even enimies. and i had enough compa**ion to apoligize after the hurt was done, and keep it realistic with all of yall.

but you sat there and claimed an American trend turning your back from Africa, and as soon as you yapped off this and that, AFRICA turned their backs on you. learn from this, i will always be a message away. so dont be scared bruh.
quot;For that time, at any moment, for this purpose.
 til I Die!"

Base~

Baserock

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Baserock"
yeah maf***er!!!! i been retarded wit the flow!!!!! :D

u cats really got inferiority complexes! this dude was goin on about SA like he knows whats up! droppin his CNN stereotype rhymes! but yall still side wit him cos he IN AMERICA :lol:

yalll aint even mad he dissin SA(africa), yall praise him and diss ya own!
its typical African behaviour! :D

this nigga dion research like a maf***er! im jus spittin from the heart. on the spot! hahahahaha!!!!!! that nigga a google rapper! checkin for facts!!!
f***ing faggot! whatever he said, he can still get it! he can still get smacked when i see him! :D  you heard me baserock! u country a** cotton picker! hahahahahahaaha

yeah your so ill its sickening...
ballin outta control bro!
i hope you don't get booted off here, you're in a perfect spot to really put in work for hiphop..
acceptance is key for hiphop survival.
you are probably confused on that. and if you really want a word or two, i'll spare them cause i'll trust you eventually.

now on what you said, my research. you should do the same, cause you let your gaurd down as soon as you put up for a fight. battles are won with tactics, not wild shots hopeing to render your enemy. you got pissed and tried to seek ya African brothers on here to support your posts. it drove you crazy cause they dissagreed with you.

the answer to why they disagree is that i slamed you with creditable sterotypes yes, and my research is great. i love to know my friends and even enimies. and i had enough compa**ion to apoligize after the hurt was done, and keep it realistic with all of yall.

but you sat there and claimed an American trend turning your back from Africa, and as soon as you yapped off this and that, AFRICA turned their backs on you. learn from this, i will always be a message away. so dont be scared bruh.

oh and by the way, in the past 4 years i've spent maybe 7 months spread in between in the US. Currently searving in IRAQ, AN Nasariyah to be exact.

for all you know your blood could be my very own the same. this was a long time ago of corse. but ya feel me
 til I Die!"

Base~

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
:D naw dog! i didnt even flinch!
i never lose my cool!
i was jus showin aggression! not anger! 8)

in a battle i play dirty! i dont live by the same code and rules that u do dude! im an outlaw like Pac used to be! these niggas is scared and have inferiority complexes! i aint mad at them. jus dissappointed.

no love lost dog!
put ya thong back on! :lol:
@cash_sog

rhymetodie

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Hip Hop made in South Africa is Hip Hop made for South African listeners...meaning something they can understand an most significantly relate to....In any case its only a matter of modifiers(sp)
u]"Nas is lyin when he says hip hop is dead, he's jst gettin old"[/u]
" Jay-Z is president so he's album is for russell simmons and LA Reid"

Now who do you listen to?

SIR DEEJAY MZU

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +7/-15
    • View Profile
Quote from: "rhymetodie"
Hip Hop made in South Africa is Hip Hop made for South African listeners..

I guess you didnt read my post clearly or you jst more confused than i am...

Baserock

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
:D naw dog! i didnt even flinch!
i never lose my cool!
i was jus showin aggression! not anger! 8)

in a battle i play dirty! i dont live by the same code and rules that u do dude! im an outlaw like Pac used to be! these niggas is scared and have inferiority complexes! i aint mad at them. jus dissappointed.

no love lost dog!
put ya thong back on! :lol:

showing aggression maybe, anger ya know you did.

in battle you play dirty. speakin of codes! you can't even define that. i would love to see you try. you sought out support like i said cause i played you like a buster.

here we go again, Outlaw you say. 2Pac is dead because of the system. The local authorities faciltated his death in Las Vegas man. they didn't chase the gunman, they chased Suge Knight who was driving to the hospital to get Pac medical aid. You really don't even know the truth.

and you would follow this lie?
thats why you won't be the one to help South Africa rise!
I told you, you're not the one hommie.
unlesssssssssss... you re-evaluate yourself. you are from Africa.

so many mutha fuc**s don't care about you, your family, the un-balanced civil rights and so on. you should rep what you really see & feel.
cause me & none of my hommies, or anyone for the matter would want to hear to you right now.

and you can get another wise idea and want to put me on blast again, callin me names n shit. thats fine.

i'm not going anywhere.

now thats real love

men tend to hate & kill, faster than they can love and live.

ya know~
 til I Die!"

Base~

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
nigga PLEa**SEEEEEE!!!!!
hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
n i thoguht AG cats in SA were on sum bullshit!
u the ultimate bullshitter!
u really dont know me homes! so stop tryin to analyse me! :D

if u di know me, ud know I AINT GOT NO FRIENDS so i never run for backup! especially if that backup is PUSSY a** CATS on AG!
so cut the bullshit! if im not the one, then best believe ima take him down and claim whats rightfully mine!

ps. SA has already risen man! i dont need to help it rise! get ya research right! WE A FORCE TO BE reCKONED with bitch!

u say
men tend to hate & kill, faster than they can love and live.

i say - best believe i got that thang! :wink:
im cool wit it bein that way!
@cash_sog

Vexer

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
case closed!
i m a prophet nigga! follow me or perish!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
I stay chiseled

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse

ps. SA has already risen man! i dont need to help it rise! get ya research right! WE A FORCE TO BE reCKONED with bitch!

What exactly do you mean here clone man? Market share-wise? Sales-wise?..Authenticity-wise?

This thread is & always has been about the authenticity. Stop trying to cloud the issue.

Quote from: "Dplanet"
I will never be able to take a rapper seriously who copies someone else's culture.

...real is repping who you are and where you're from.

What I hate is the distorted (and sadly prevalent) logic in South Africa that the closer to American Hip Hop you sound, the more 'real' you are. It's crazy because the exact opposite is actually true.

If you went to a model C school and you rap about things from your own experience - that is real. If you're from the rural areas, and you rep that - that is real. If you're kasi and you rep that - you're real. One is not more 'real' than the other. One is not more 'black' or more 'African' than the other.

For me, this issue is about mimicry as opposed to a**imilation. Culture and language and inexorably intertwined. There are a lot of Jamaicans in London - their slang has mixed in with everyday London slang which is what you hear on Grime or UK Hip Hop. Jamaican culture has been fully a**imilated into british culture.

a**imilation is a very different process to mimicry. We don't have a large community of Americans living amongst us in South Africa, sharing and influencing our culture. We just see them on tv, and hear them through their music. This is not enough to be part of their culture and fully understand it - when I play (fake American) SA Hip Hop to American friends they literally find it funny to hear their slang used slightly incorrectly - one of the dangers of copying from a distance.

Unlike a**imilation where one culture is taken in, and fully understood by the other, we just see from afar. We miss out on the ever-developing nuances of language, the daily use of the slang and the cultural references.

As I have said before, the UK went through the same process - the nearer you could sound to American Hip Hop, the more authentic you were. Luckily this all changed - UK rappers started repping the UK,,, and suddenly the industry grew ma**ively.

The same thing will happen here. When the people find rappers who they see themselves in, these rap mimics will become a thing of the past.

Maybe people missed this post^^^

Baserock

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Sensai_Tate"

What exactly do you mean here clone man? Market share-wise? Sales-wise?..Authenticity-wise?

This thread is & always has been about the authenticity. Stop trying to cloud the issue.

Quote from: "Dplanet"
I will never be able to take a rapper seriously who copies someone else's culture.

...real is repping who you are and where you're from.

What I hate is the distorted (and sadly prevalent) logic in South Africa that the closer to American Hip Hop you sound, the more 'real' you are. It's crazy because the exact opposite is actually true.

If you went to a model C school and you rap about things from your own experience - that is real. If you're from the rural areas, and you rep that - that is real. If you're kasi and you rep that - you're real. One is not more 'real' than the other. One is not more 'black' or more 'African' than the other.

For me, this issue is about mimicry as opposed to a**imilation. Culture and language and inexorably intertwined. There are a lot of Jamaicans in London - their slang has mixed in with everyday London slang which is what you hear on Grime or UK Hip Hop. Jamaican culture has been fully a**imilated into british culture.

a**imilation is a very different process to mimicry. We don't have a large community of Americans living amongst us in South Africa, sharing and influencing our culture. We just see them on tv, and hear them through their music. This is not enough to be part of their culture and fully understand it - when I play (fake American) SA Hip Hop to American friends they literally find it funny to hear their slang used slightly incorrectly - one of the dangers of copying from a distance.

Unlike a**imilation where one culture is taken in, and fully understood by the other, we just see from afar. We miss out on the ever-developing nuances of language, the daily use of the slang and the cultural references.

As I have said before, the UK went through the same process - the nearer you could sound to American Hip Hop, the more authentic you were. Luckily this all changed - UK rappers started repping the UK,,, and suddenly the industry grew ma**ively.

The same thing will happen here. When the people find rappers who they see themselves in, these rap mimics will become a thing of the past.

Maybe people missed this post^^^

your damn right Dplanet, the tip of the iceburg isn't enough to make it work anymore. i like what you wrote just above.

now just a thought:

imagine if shitte or sunni muslims in the middle east suddenly felt like expressing their everyday problems or good fortunes through hiphop. but really representing themselves. telling the truth is powerful.  i know i would buy a 12 track album explaining why a shitte is so quick to hate a sunnie, or vica versa. maybe their definition of living a righteous life. i think that would be something. but people would be like what the hell are these fools rapping for????? i say they desearve that chance if they ever decide to take it.

being an artist, you have to take responsibilty for what you create. Cash have you ever looked at it this way? there are billions of people all over the earth man. and your nation represents a small percent of the earths population. if you are conducting your life based on what another percentage of the world does actually go through. you fail yourself, family, friends, & the fans.

i garuntee if you applied you mind to producing truth through your music, the reality will stick in the mind of someone from newyork much longer than things they've already known.

time and sequences of major events are responsible for why culture exists. CASH name one major event that caused the birth of HIPHOP culture.

Hint:

"Cash, if you would just be yourself and pour out ya truth, that is the answer ."

HIPHOP in particular belongs in Africa!
I feel that AFRICA is responsible for HIPHOP.

ANY African (hiphop) artist to be exact, owes the rest of the world.
"your ancestors are responsible for its birth"
"so now you're responsible to take it to a higher plateu"

all of yall need realize that everybodys waiting for this. especially me.

that other percent of the world outside of the continent of Africa would probably start including yalls trend. i garuntee it. but that takes time and a series of events to make happen.

Cash would you die making a postive contrbution for this culture? thats how big the responsibilty is, and if your in it for the cash and trendy lifestyle that the western culture sells, then do us Yankee's a favor, don't import your projects to the US. those lies are already there.

yup~
 til I Die!"

Base~

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Interesting to get an American viewpoint on this...
Skeptical tht we may be preaching to the choir on this one..

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
nice speech :lol:
watch me! :idea:

i got bigger ideas to expand on! so while u ponderin bout lil shit im makin new concepts come to life!

ten yrs from now therell be another vexer,tate and baserock! preachin my gospel to the new kid on the block!!!!!! n he'll be the ultimate winner cos he challenged the norm and started a new way! im jus followin the cycle.....like i been sayin niggas! IM NEO in this BITCH! the PRESENT and the FUTURE!!!!!

its called revolution!

holler back! its that crack!!!!!.........bitch :lol:
@cash_sog

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
ten yrs from now therell be another vexer,tate and baserock! preachin my gospel to the new kid on the block!!!!!! n he'll be the ultimate winner cos he challenged the norm and started a new way! im jus followin the cycle.....like i been sayin niggas! IM NEO in this BITCH! the PRESENT and the FUTURE!!!!!

How have you challenged the norm? Isn't the norm that US Pop culture imitation is most people's first foray into hip hop?..

There have been thousands of you American culture wannabe clones imitating perpatrating to be the second coming to SA hip hop & guess what, NO ONE remembers them!
You are just the latest incarnation. You too will be forgotten.

Baserock

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Sensai_Tate"

How have you challenged the norm? Isn't the norm that US Pop culture imitation is most people's first foray into hip hop?..

There have been thousands of you American culture wannabe clones imitating perpatrating to be the second coming to SA hip hop & guess what, NO ONE remembers them!
You are just the latest incarnation. You too will be forgotten.

Tate,

I say we are all here on AG for a reason. wether its to talk ma**ive trash, true livin, or whatever the hell its all for a reason ya know. HIPHOP no doubt, and you as a modertor have to be proactive. Moderation: you faciliTATE this movement.

although i disagree often with Cash, i will always remember this dude.
you always remember those who  present a challange.

one at a time, these things will progress man.

i was thinking about some stuff yesterday. whoever tries to bring up something positive (which desearvs praise) also attracts (negetivity & jeleousy). there are lots of people out there! when 1 tries to do good, there are some who don't want to see it suceed.

to make a push towards this common goal we share its really important to set examples, through perseverance & self-control.
even confidence that this is the best for everybody. also trust is important.
trust in your friends, and trust that your enimies will do all in their power to stay your enemy.

Cash unfortunately doesn't represnt these things right now. He's an individual, just like the other 10 thousand. who say I'm neo, i am the rebellious one, who can change this game.

lying to yourself, then to others creates 10 more people just like you. to claim your existance as a figure of revision or lead off man to a movement means you'll have to prove genuine actions. being true, and never comprimising even if it kills.

another thing thats been bothering me is
(american entertainment industries "hiphop" is forcefed to other cultures)
and saying that, i've never seen a single "hiphop" album from SA on the racks back home. not even a major tour full of artists have been seen.

So Cash, all that game you talk, would you take it on tour? would you face large crowds that you mimic? and most importantly, would you be confident in yourself, sure of your craft. (HELL NO!) i'll speak on your behalf for now. but when you're ready to get it poppin for real. i'll speak to the right cats back home ya dig.

thats all i got for now.
 til I Die!"

Base~

Vexer

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Baserock"
you'll have to prove genuine actions. being true, and never comprimising even if it kills.

Thanx. I think if Cash understood these words he wouldn't be as quick to let off as he is.

Cash whether u like it or not u still have to prove urself. At the moment u don't have anything substantial.

U have self-belief which is good, but don't turn that into more than what it actually is.

Please I ask u to pay attention to what Baserock just said b4 u claim to be on Pac's level coz Pac lived up to his words u still have to live up to yours.

That's what being a man is all about.Actions not just words.

In Hip-Hop terms : "Show and prove".
I stay chiseled